Ignoring the hype?

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
What's the one place that, despite all the hype, has never appealed to you as a dining option? For me, it has to be Liberty Tree Tavern. Just something about the idea of eating a roast dinner style meal in the Florida sun turns me off it!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Le Cellier and Citricos. We've eaten at both places quite a few times and have been underwhelmed by the offerings. Now the staff are excellent and do the best with what they have been supplied with but neither in our opinion are worth the effort to get a reservation. We've done standard and holiday meals at both (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and come away quite disappointed.

Yatchsman we've only eaten there twice, but raising cattle (as well as members of the Texas Cattlemens association) their beef isnt all that is purported to be, we dont raise Wagyu, but a certificate of authenticity and a hoof print from your dinner is just plain silly. If you have to go to such great lengths then the product is lacking.

p.a.m.

Flying Fish. Why on Earth would anyone put seaweed in a loaf of bread? When they reopened after the refurbishment it was like they took everything that was once good and either discontinued it or changed it significantly. They're trying too hard now. Too many strange ingredients and too much froofroo added to every course.

Edit- clearly I didn't answer this question correctly. I think OP wanted us to pick a place we've actually never been. I'm leaving my response anyway because I'm just that mad about the seaweed in the otherwise perfect bread.

lostpro9het

image.jpeg

BOG: lunch is essentially a school cafeteria experience with pretty walls. Dinner is marginally better
LeCel: they've gotten lazy and ruined by DDP.
Chef Mickey's.....you know what, maybe it would be easier to speak to what actually deserves the hype.

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
Flying Fish. Why on Earth would anyone put seaweed in a loaf of bread? When they reopened after the refurbishment it was like they took everything that was once good and either discontinued it or changed it significantly. They're trying too hard now. Too many strange ingredients and too much froofroo added to every course.

Edit- clearly I didn't answer this question correctly. I think OP wanted us to pick a place we've actually never been. I'm leaving my response anyway because I'm just that mad about the seaweed in the otherwise perfect bread.

Thanks for your reply! You're right, I did intend for this to focus on where you've never eaten before despite so many people hyping it up, but everyone is free to reply as they wish!

disney4life2008

Great question. For me its trails end. I have eaten there several times and i leave disappointed. The chicken while good, is not spectacular and everything else is average. With that said, it is a wonderful deal.

Be our guest is just pretty to look at. Food is terrible yet people will die for a reservation.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

That would be a very small list for some of us... for my DW and I that would be a few quick service locations, snack carts, and Victoria and Alberts' . V&A ? Well three hours for a meal just isnt in our DNA.

belledream

I never thought that Ohana was that spectacular...the meats weren't cooked very well and I don't think it was that special at dinner with no characters. I'd go back for breakfast some day with kids. But just for the food...not again.

For a place I've never been to...the list is growing smaller and smaller, but I've still not made my way to any GF restaurant or Flying Fish, even though I want to believe!

p.a.m.

I've never been to either 50s Prime Time or to Whispering Canyon. The idea of being yelled at, or made fun of while I eat doesn't appeal to me in the least. When I stay at Wilderness Lodge I don't even like to go on the side of the lobby where Whispering Canyon is located because I can hear the banter taking place and it makes me cringe.

21stamps

I've never been to either 50s Prime Time or to Whispering Canyon. The idea of being yelled at, or made fun of while I eat doesn't appeal to me in the least. When I stay at Wilderness Lodge I don't even like to go on the side of the lobby where Whispering Canyon is located because I can hear the banter taking place and it makes me cringe.
I like the experience of Whispering Canyon much more than the food. I ordered the skillet but pretty much only ate the salad.lol

p.a.m.

Just one? All character meals.

For one I tried and still didn't like, 'Ohana.
I kind of feel the same way about character meals. I do them for my son (and because it keeps me out of meet and greet lines) but I think in my heart I really believe that meal time should be about the food- and refueling, recharging, resetting, and relaxing. Bonus points for good conversation. The characters are so distracting :)

disney4life2008

I went to prime time solo and my mom ignored me the whole time. The 3 entree sampler was amazing though. I asked to be in the corner away from people and i did not want to participate in the banter. My mom followed directions lol

disney4life2008

I kind of feel the same way about character meals. I do them for my son (and because it keeps me out of meet and greet lines) but I think in my heart I really believe that meal time should be about the food- and refueling, recharging, resetting, and relaxing. Bonus points for good conversation. The characters are so distracting :)

I want to go to garden grill but refuse to pay $60 specifically because its a character meal. I just want the food. I agree, when i dine i do not want endless conversation. Give me my food and let me relax.

My last visit to ohana my server did just that and brought me tons of food without making me feel judged. They also placed me in the corner away from people. He got a $20 tip

disney4life2008

That's awesome! I didn't know you could say, "Leave me alone" haha

When I check in to any restaurant at Disney, i always tell them i want to be with from the crowds, put me over in the corner. I think i have just been lucky but i know at prime time you can opt out. The food is amazing

p.a.m.

I want to go to garden grill but refuse to pay $60 specifically because its a character meal. I just want the food. I agree, when i dine i do not want endless conversation. Give me my food and let me relax.

My last visit to ohana my server did just that and brought me tons of food without making me feel judged. They also placed me in the corner away from people. He got a $20 tip
I'm noticing a theme here. @disney4life2008 likes to be placed in the corner and left alone with an ample portion of food. I love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom