Ignore feature could be improved

No Name

Original Poster
Hey Steve @wdwmagic , I used to be adamantly against the ignore feature but I’ve recently begun using it in rare cases. However, it often makes other posts confusing, because someone’s post that’s in reply to a person you have on ignore just appears as a standalone post. I can then scroll to the bottom of the page and click “show ignored content,” but then it shows everything, and I have to re-read the conversation, which winds up nullifying the point of the ignore feature.

I think a better idea would be to have a button above any reply to the ignored poster, in place of the quote, to show said quote. At the very least, there should be some indication that a post is in reply to someone you have on ignore. What do you think? Is that feasibly possible?

mergatroid

Hey Steve @wdwmagic , I used to be adamantly against the ignore feature but I’ve recently begun using it in rare cases. However, it often makes other posts confusing, because someone’s post that’s in reply to a person you have on ignore just appears as a standalone post. I can then scroll to the bottom of the page and click “show ignored content,” but then it shows everything, and I have to re-read the conversation, which winds up nullifying the point of the ignore feature.

I think a better idea would be to have a button above any reply to the ignored poster, in place of the quote, to show said quote. At the very least, there should be some indication that a post is in reply to someone you have on ignore. What do you think? Is that feasibly possible?

That would be a good idea. Personally on forums myself, if I know there's a troll/annoying poster then I just don't read their posts when I see their username. I find with a bit of self discipline, this works equally as well.

Phil12

Rather than ignoring certain members, I think it would be valuable to ignore particular subject matter. For example who wants to read posts about the monorail, or steam trains?

Last edited by a moderator:

G00fyDad

This would be a nice feature but I always remind myself when I see a post that seems to answer an unseen post that I must have the person on ignore for a reason. Sure enough, the few times I do click on "show ignored content" to see what the person is replying to I am quickly reminded exactly why that person is on my ignore list. They're almost always absolutely hateful to the other person.

SteveBrickNJ

That would be a good idea. Personally on forums myself, if I know there's a troll/annoying poster then I just don't read their posts when I see their username. I find with a bit of self discipline, this works equally as well.
That's what I have been doing with one member. I wondered if I should "ignore" her but after reading this thread I'm not gonna do that. When I see her name I'll just scroll beyond her😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom