Iger is Ruining WDW, The Disney Company, and needs to go

MerriwetherAdamPleasure

Original Poster
Anyone else agree? Iger's desire to fundamentally change the Walt Disney Company, especially now WDW, with rumors that he is going to have Liberty Square and Frontierland, and possibly even Main Street USA removed for new lands (MSUSA for Mickey Avenue), has made him someone who must be ousted from his position atop the Walt Disney Company. I believe should his leadership continue this once great company may fail. We need an Eisner to get this company back in shape. Iger has been an absolute train wreck.

Thoughts?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry... Haven't been here in a while.
Oh I was saying it on the bubble gum sugarplum fairy dust boards coming out of the housing crash…so like 2013/2014? (Ain’t that right, @Rteetz ?)

And was laughed at. But vision isn’t universal

But it’s good to see/have your opinion on this…the only way we have any shot of seeing this dumpster fire end is express concern. Hit em in the jewels

Criticism does NOT mean you don’t love it. 99 times out of 100 it means you love it more

Last edited:

MerriwetherAdamPleasure

Original Poster
Oh I was saying it on the bubble gum sugarplum fairy dust boards coming out of the house crash…so like 2013/2014? (Ain’t that right, @Rteetz ?)

But it’s good to see/have your opinion on this…the only way we have any shot of seeing this dumpster fire end is express concern. Hit em in the jewels

Criticism does NOT mean you don’t love it. 99 times out of 100 it means you love it more
I'm a lifelong Disney fan, particularly WDW. I absolutely hate what's being done to this company, and it's a battle between wanting to visit and continuing to support this regime. The last couple of trips I've had, last year and the year before, the caste system that is lightning lanes and the like have made it absolutely ridiculous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a lifelong Disney fan, particularly WDW. I absolutely hate what's being done to this company, and it's a battle between wanting to visit and continuing to support this regime. The last couple of trips I've had, last year and the year before, the caste system that is lightning lanes and the like have made it absolutely ridiculous.
Many if not most of us in the guard share your sentiments

It’s tough…we still love the bones of parks but hate that an over the hill sitcom hack is picking at it Like a crow

I figured that this era wouldn’t end until the little man was more detested than his predecessor…and we’re there. He has far more ego and far less talent.

Roy E Disney was maybe the key man in the history of disney - I can make a compelling argument…but he made a huge mistake letting the carpetbagger take control. And Steve Jobs…in horrible terminal health…managed to create the environment where it was only a non-creative puppet board when he was gone.

If you want the results of the post mortem investigation Early…I just gave them out 🤫

Rteetz

Oh I was saying it on the bubble gum sugarplum fairy dust boards coming out of the house crash…so like 2013/2014? (Ain’t that right, @Rteetz ?)

I do think he has overstayed his welcome. Did he do/oversee some good/great things? Absolutely. Nobody is perfect. Every Disney CEO including Walt himself had things that didn't work out. Overall I feel he has been fine but it is definitely time for him to go.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I do think he has overstayed his welcome. Did he do/oversee some good/great things? Absolutely. Nobody is perfect. Every Disney CEO including Walt himself had things that didn't work out. Overall I feel he has been fine but it is definitely time for him to go.
Oh I agree…he’s not a complete fool…you don’t stay around this long without some wins on the board.

But 20 years is too much for anyone in that slot. He has ZERO new ideas. More of the same. And you cheapen why they were successful in the first place if you keep recycling.

For proof…take a look at the latest dvc newsletter (if you have access)

It was half a trailer park and half a ride they completely failed on and will be a running joke for decades

I needed to take a shower after I looked at it 🤢

MerriwetherAdamPleasure

Original Poster
But the things he did well were really no fails ....Star Wars Land, Avatar.....but the things he closed and then replaced with have all been nightmares, in my opinion. He went with wins from other parks, but his cash grabbing property-wide, and his supreme lack of respect for the company's legacy coupled with no long term plan to maintain the traditions, added to politics he injects which have no place, have created the environment for failure. This generation, save for people.like us, do not have kids with the brand loyalty we grew up with, because this company regime didn't build that. This guy's driving it into the ground.

donaldtoo

Anyone else agree? Iger's desire to fundamentally change the Walt Disney Company, especially now WDW, with rumors that he is going to have Liberty Square and Frontierland, and possibly even Main Street USA removed for new lands (MSUSA for Mickey Avenue), has made him someone who must be ousted from his position atop the Walt Disney Company. I believe should his leadership continue this once great company may fail. We need an Eisner to get this company back in shape. Iger has been an absolute train wreck.

Thoughts?

What was your first clue, Sherlock…?!

MerriwetherAdamPleasure

Original Poster
Yeah, I heard from a bus driver that Main Street is being turned into Disney‘s Ultra Premium Parking
Jokes.....There are rumors on Disney podcasts, reliable ones, that Iger and the upper leadership want to replace Main Street USA and make it Mickey Ave as in China. I've seen that on 2 separate Podcasts within the last week. They say that leadership views Main Street USA is a "retail corridor" and the IP with Mickey is more fitting.

BasiltheBatLord

Jokes.....There are rumors on Disney podcasts, reliable ones, that Iger and the upper leadership want to replace Main Street USA and make it Mickey Ave as in China. I've seen that on 2 separate Podcasts within the last week. They say that leadership views Main Street USA is a "retail corridor" and the IP with Mickey is more fitting.
It was a real proposal that was floated at one time. Look at the background of the Magic Happens concept art.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It was a real proposal that was floated at one time. Look at the background of the Magic Happens concept art.
Then they’ve lost their f$&@ing minds

Someone let big shot Bobby know he will never be able to sell he was the “creative force” behind Mickey Mouse…

That should cure him of this kinda stupidity

JMcMahonEsq

I haven’t seen these rumors, but I don’t doubt it’s been discussed and have to say I don’t hate the idea for sometime in the future.

Main Street as a concept harkened back to an over romanticized version of the US small town main streets that Walt grew up with. It resonated with his generation, and likely the generation or 2 that followed as they maybe had some childhood memories of it, and heard stories about it from their parents and grandparents.

Now fast forward 50 years. From anyone say 30yrs and younger, there is no real cultural connection to a Main Street. It’s outside kids perspective and even their parents and grandparents have no real personal connection to Main Street experience, other than going to Main Street at Disney. If you want the same type of nostalgic/personal relationship between guests and the Main Street experience, at some point it’s going to have to change to evoke that feeling with new generations off guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But the things he did well were really no fails ....Star Wars Land, Avatar.....but the things he closed and then replaced with have all been nightmares, in my opinion. He went with wins from other parks, but his cash grabbing property-wide, and his supreme lack of respect for the company's legacy coupled with no long term plan to maintain the traditions, added to politics he injects which have no place, have created the environment for failure. This generation, save for people.like us, do not have kids with the brand loyalty we grew up with, because this company regime didn't build that. This guy's driving it into the ground.
Star Wars land is as soulless a Disney land as you’ll find…because they never understood it and tried to rewrite it.

That’s 101% Bob too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom