If you love Everest, don't open this thread

mickster

Original Poster
I'll start out by acknowledging that I realize I'm in the minority on this one. And I'm sincerely not trying to start a disruptive thread. Just curious to read some alternative viewpoints about this (IMHO) grossly overrated attraction. I think it's been made obvious that about 99.9999% of the people who post on these boards think that Everest is "amazing" and essentially flawless in every regard.

But what do the rest of you think?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll start out by acknowledging that I realize I'm in the minority on this one. And I'm sincerely not trying to start a disruptive thread. Just curious to read some alternative viewpoints about this (IMHO) grossly overrated attraction. I think it's been made obvious that about 99.9999% of the people who post on these boards think that Everest is "amazing" and essentially flawless in every regard.

Flawless? No. Overrated? Not that either.

It would be nice if the beams visible in the interior were covered with some "rock face" to look like the inside of a mountain and there's a rough spot during the reverse helix in the darkness that I notice every time I ride. But I think the theming and presentation of the ride are for the most part very well done. My only objection to the projected Yeti is it appears to be taller and skinnier that the AA at the end.

But despite your title, I opened the thread :lookaroun

C&D

I like it just fine; love it?, no, I'm not yet ready for that sort of a committment. :ROFLOL:

Fun2BFree

Wait a mo, weren't you the one who created the "I hate Everest" thread? Where exactly do you stand on this matter? :shrug:

Fun2BFree

Sorry, I misread the OP, who wasn't stating he liked Everest. My bad. :dazzle:
I think Everest isn't perfect, but gives you much more to do at AK, and increased attendance alot.

Scar Junior

Why are we dissing the best attraction at AK ??

These past 2 years constitute the longest 'disney drought' that I've encountered since my first trip to the World (when I was 5). Hence, I've yet to ride EE. But AK is my second favorite park (after Epcot) and I am enthusiastic to return with so many people raving about the addition... not to mention Nemo!

I'm moving to the World (again) in August and I can't wait for what's in store. One question though....... in regard to EE, what do you think is better: front or back of the train?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
For anybody that has seen the specials on everest, the reason you can see into the interior structure is that the track and ride structures can't touch each other, because one is static (rigid), and the other has to move as the cars move on it. The track HAS to have some gap or it'd tear up the other structure as the cars rattled along it.

Now, could they have done rock work over the interior? Maybe - but unless you're looking down while riding, I don't think this is an issue :)

EpcotServo

Wait just a second, you started ANOTHER thread, with the exact same meaning, just without the hate word?

I feel one of BwanaBob's headaches coming on...

:lol:

ToTBellHop

Front or back of the train? The back is MUCH more intense. I don't feel nauseous on any rides, and felt slightly woozy in the back--much heavier g's. Front is fun if you like bugs in your teeth though.

Everest is no Tower of Terror, but it's still fun. I would've preferred that they spend a little less on the queue and have more than a couple show scenes, though. And I'm pretty sure they could've finished the inside tunnels. Some of the tunnels are finished and look like caves--just not the backwards helix. You can make a cave wrap around the track but not touch the track, since guests can never see under the track where the cave need not attach to the track. But, this is how it is an how it will be, and it's been open for 16 months. Time to move on. Not sure why you have to start a new thread for dissenting opinions though--they have already been posted on these boards many a time. Lot's of people have commented on the same problems I just discussed.......

imagineersrock

One question though....... in regard to EE, what do you think is better: front or back of the train?
Front.

-The amazing view you get, especially at broken tracks.
-I find the backwards portion (the most intense part of the ride in my opinion) even more intense when you're sitting in the front row (because at that point you are the last car of the train.)
-I hate how if you sit in the back you are so far back from the projected yeti... another reason I prefer the front.
-Again the view you get and wind in your face since nothing is blocking you---wow.
-And finally, it makes the encounter with the yeti a bit more exciting.

Your best bet? Try both!
But again, if I had to pick one... definitely the front.

I agree with you! its fun but not worth the hype

dinosaur is the only thing animal kingdom has going for it in my opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom