If you had control of a Disney World park...

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
What would you do? What would you change? What would you get rid of? For me, I would pick the Magic Kingdom. I would get rid of Stitch's Great Escape right away, and then replace it with Alien Encounter. I would get rid of the Magic Carpets and put them somewhere else in Adventureland, maybe where the Swiss Family Tree house is now. My next thing would be to add something else in Frontierland. If it didn't have Splash or BTM it would be a wasteland. Get rid of Tom Sawyer Island and put something more interesting over in that area. My final thing would be to get rid of the Hall of Presidents. What does that have to do with Disney? I mean, come on. They could do so much better. No hate for the ideas, please! But what would you change to a Disney World park? Tell us your ideas!

cba

This should probably be in the "General Discussion" section, but I'll either way I'll answer. I'd take away Stitch and re-open it with Alien Encounter (or anything better than Stitch, which shouldn't be hard to do) like you said. In Epcot, I'd reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion and also bring back Horizons. And, of course, I'd refurb Expedition Everest so the Yeti can get out of "B-mode".

the_claw

Hollywood Studios needs a major overhaul. One of two directions it could follow, 1) a return to a "working" studio that provides attractions to highlight movie making and the steps taken to create a great movie. Or 2) move towards a theme park dedicated to movies, secure some big rights and build attractions around them. Personally I would prefer a return to option 1) because that is the essence of the original theme park. Wouldnt be too difficult, return the animators to animation circle with demonstrations including traditional and computer generated films.Re-do Backlot Tour with updated props, costume studio and maybe a film set AKA Paris. Develop Streets of America into either a working film set attraction or add it to the backlot. Convert Pizza Planet and area into Muppets-land, create Star-Wars Land up to Indiana Jones including American Idol (converted into some E-Ticket Star Wars ride). get rid of that hat and potentially update Great Movie Ride.

Not easy or cheap but the park needs major investment to make it a full day park. I dont want a reproduction of DCA, I want unique, one-time attractions that draw people to WDW and WDW only for them to come back every year!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom