If you had 15 Minutes to talk to Walt Disney, what would you ask or talk about?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I'd ask him his take on the hot cheese dispensers being removed and whether he'd prefer Starbucks or fresh baked goods on Main Street.

MrDee

In reality I would be too nervous to actually say anything of true substance to him, but hey, if he ever reads these forums, I'd like to thank him for Main Street USA. For me it perfectly encapsulates that indescribable Magic that I feel he pretty much invented...at least in my life.

It's also a beautifully recreated ideal of what America kinda used to be. I'm an idealist. And an American. It works for me.

yensid67

Original Poster
These are all GREAT responses...I'll see that Walt gets them! LOL!
But thinking more about it here is another question/thought...

Do you feel jipped because you don't get to spend the quality time that those in the early years did with Walt?
A part of me would have loved and done anything to be back in those 'good 'ol days' in the beginning. I wonder if any of those early friends, after seeing the success of WDW, thought, "I sure took Walt's friendship for granted and thought his dreams would never happen."

I do agree about talking with Roy as well, like many posts pointed out, without his ways to find the money, WDW would not exist as well as Disneyland! Do you think there should be a place the is dedicated to Roy in Disneyland and Magic Kingdom? (or maybe there already is, I just don't know about) Something like One Man's Dream type exhibit!? Just thinking off the top of me head. I would love to chat with Roy and have him tell me all the tricks he used to get the money needed! Probably in today's era, those tactics could come in handy to acquire money for various projects or charities!

Frankie The Beer

I would ask him if he thought the company he founded would still be around if it kept to his principles and didn't adapt to modern business measures of not only survival but profitability.

jengrey

I'd ask him advice on how to be a good storyteller. As an artist/writer, I'm constantly trying to come up with brave new ideas. Mine somehow always fall flat (or are pushed aside because life gets in the way). Since he was such a great storyteller, I think he'd give great advice.

Walt Disney1955

I know one thing, in a book I read about Walt's quotes he stated that he hated when people would gush over him, or any other celebrity. So I wouldn't do that and talk to him normal.

I'd probably take a ride with him on Pirates or something like that since it was among the last things he approved. I'd like to see his reaction with Country Bear Jamboree too. That was a rough, rough image at the time of his death. I suspect he'd like it though.

EOD K9

I'd ask him how he feels about people waking him from the dead and being able to talk to him for a few minutes. I'd also ask him how he feels when people say, "Walt would have wanted.....".

Aqueeta

I would ask him what he thinks about how expensive it has become and about how F&W has been taken over by non-vacationing drunks.

MRR

I would ask him about the price gouging and over crowding of the parks with wait lines over an hour now as common practice.

Letteyeti

I would probably pass out and lose my chance for those 15 minutes, but if I didn't I would just thank him for all the fun times I have had at WDW. I would thank him for never giving up even though it seemed like many times it wasn't going to work. I would then ask him if he was ever scared in the beginning when things weren't going just right and how he got through that.

yoda_5729

I would tell him, thank you for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Mickey Mouse, Snow White and everything else. I would thank him for all the memories and joys he's given people from all over the world, and how he helped make an artform that had little to no respect, finally achieve critical acclaim. I'd thank him for influencing all animation since him, from Bugs Bunny to the Simpsons. In an attempt to make him smile though, I'd tell him though there are a lot of new great characters and attractions, the one thing I think he'd smile about most is that Oswald is back.

Nottamus

No words...but I will have him get me on RoTR with a walk-on.
I hope the person checking the Virtual cue times knows who he is...

then after, we’ll have a beer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom