If you could theme a resort or restaurant

barnebd5

Original Poster
What if you were given the oppurtunity to help with what Disney does best, theming.

If you could theme a Disney resort or a Disney restaurant, what would your ideas be?

Resort:1.If I could theme a resort I would call it the Home Sweet Home resort, all the comforts of home, comfy couches in the lobby, the food court would be a huge replicated kitchen, the pool would be round and have statues of dad mowing the lawn with a fence around it all, the rooms would have a homey touch with the bed being nice and comfortable, the night stands and all the furniture are all antiques.

2.Another resort idea I had would have something to do with space, like a space training camp.

Restaurant:1.A restaurant based on the Disney's House of Mouse would be great, you could have all the characters in there eating and enjoying themselves just like they do in the show, only this time you could join them, there could be a different character sitting at each table and where the host or hostess seats you, the character sitting there will have to let you join them. You could end up dining Aladdin, the princesses, or maybe even one of your favorite villains. Everything will be like the show, Mickey is the host of the show on stage, Donald is the co-host, Minnie is the back-stage manager along with pluto, Daisy sits at the front desk, and of course Goofy is the waiter :lol:

Tell me your ideas!

goofyfan13

I really like the house of mouse idea! If I could theme a resort I would probobly have to theme it around Australia. It could be kinda like AKL with an area for kangaroo's and crocodiles and such. They could have an australian style steakhouse, and the food court could be built around a wildlife camp. Things like that.

billybaruch1

I like the idea of a space-based resort. The rooms could be the size of closets and everything would be lightweight aluminum. It would be a moderate resort, WDW needs another one. It would be enclosed in a dome so the weather is always perfect! Maybe some flying buses for transportation. :lol:

On the theme from Expedition: Everest, I'd like to see a mountain chalet-type resort. It could be like the Swiss Alps or the Himalayas.

I wonder what Disney's planning for the future: its future and ours. :sohappy:

Katherine

I would love to see an Epcot resort that kinda mirrored the world showcase. Maybe it could be a value resort and each section could be a different country and the food court would be so good. It would have food from all over the place. It would also feture a pool with the different flares from each country. Maybe a waterslde in the "eiffel tower" and a drink/snack shack looking like it was one of those water market boats.

frank71

Hello,

I have always wanted to see a haunted resort. Nothing like a HORROR movie, more along the lines of the Haunted Mansion.

Creeky floor boards, squeeky hinges, moving paintings etc.

What do you think????

They could even include a kind of haunted dinner show. I would love to see a new dinner show in WDW.

Frank

misskat

ooh i love the haunted mansion resort idea, perhaps with some Nightmare Before Christmas theming thrown in for good measure!

meeko_33785

The House of Mouse idea sounds very promising, but I don't think that it would work to have the characters sitting at the tables. Then you would only be able to meet one character. Imagine if your favorite character was there and you got seeted with another chracter you didn't like as much. That would be pretty disappointing- especially for a child. I think it would be a better idea to have the characters roaming through the restaurant so that guests would have a chance to meet all the characters.

Personally, I would love to see a resort themed to the French Countryside. Maybe make it a moderate of Delux Resort. And, of course, it would have a great restaurant as well.

wiskband

House of mouse is cool.......... i would like to see a mermaid resort and or a aladdin resort...... i have always like to music in the living seas.... the pool would be be a sort of grotto. also the aladdin resort would be very exotic.
:animwink:

I would like to see an alpine skiing lodge. It could be themed just like Blizzard Beach with the tall roofs and melting snow everywhere. They could make artificial snow from time to time for kids to play in or even have indoor snow tubing or sledding. To add and extra touch the resort could be put right next to BB with a ski lift to get to the water park and back.

Pippa

My idea for a resort is an ancient civilisation theme, the room could be in 3 styles (like CS resort) greek, roman or egyptian and there could be statues of gods and goddesses everywhere, the guest relations could look like a ruined temple. Swimming pool like a roman bath and a spa in a pyramid!

cookiee_munster

love the haunted mansion idea :)

though also i think a tower of terror themed resort would be cool, it would kinda be like the tower hotel all nice etc but still have that strange "somethings wrong" sense still lurking with lights sometimes flickering etc... and of course the lifts... well they wouldn't fall but shake etc.

i would also think an atlantis style resort would be nice, very tropical and water apsolutely everywhere.

Solace17

I would like to see a resort that no one has yet come to imagine, because the theming doesn't exist. I'd like to see Disney create their own uniquely foreign architecture that no one has ever seen before. I'd like to see some true innovation.
I actually have specific images in my mind, but I can't really convey them with text, so I'll just leave it at that, and maybe it will come to be, Schiptersche.

Beowulf

Before our first trip in 2000, I had gotten the idea from somewhere that there was a Haunted Mansion-themed Disney hotel. When I started the research for the vacation, I looked and looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I was so disappointed!

If I became Disney CEO I'd order that resort built the first day I was in the office :) I'm kind of amazed it doesn't exist yet.

B

SlideOperatorCP

I think a Princess resort would be really neat and really popular with little girls! Kind of like the All Stars with each wing a different princess... but not as tacky! All the beds in cinderella's wing could have canopys and there could be sea shells and pretty colors in ariel's wing.... and so on...

Katherine

I think it would be neat to see a resort themed to the ancient civilazations. There could be Anc. Egypt., Greek, Roman, Chinese, and native Amer. themed sections of the resort and the main building could be themed as a marketplace for ttrading and stuff. i think it'd be really neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom