If you could sit in one spot...

aw14

Actually that room (and its view)is now part of Copper Creek DVC. All the regular rooms (including club level) are in the north wing of the Lodge (on the other side of the pool in @KCheatle ’s picture.)

@aw14 WL club rooms are on the 7th floor and are dormer rooms without an open balcony. Standard club rooms overlook parking or service area but you can see MK through the trees. Rooms on the opposite side of the hall overlook the pool.

Views from room 7056
View attachment 372881

View attachment 372879

View attachment 372880
What’s a dormer room? I’m hoping it will be a good fit for us. We have been spoiled with theme park view club level at both Poly and CR.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
What’s a dormer room? I’m hoping it will be a good fit for us. We have been spoiled with theme park view club level at both Poly and CR.
It means the balcony is enclosed, so if you are sitting outside you can’t see the view (unless you stand up) and your view from inside the room is obstructed on the lower half.

For comparison ~
Open balcony:
3079DFA9-3854-4B77-9C4A-A19FE4DA5273.jpeg

Dormer room balcony outside:
203A6D2D-D1C8-4A11-91B3-CDD4B2EF47A8.jpeg

Dormer from inside:
F6E7194B-D430-49D2-BE78-99FFA6D89B61.jpeg

The rooms at WL are considerably smaller than Poly and Contemporary, but are fine for 3 adults. We enjoy the club level food offerings and the views from above looking down into the lobby are great. The lounge is also much less crowded than other CL lounges, as there are far fewer CL rooms at WL. Staff is warm and friendly.

73F1771A-B16A-40DF-912E-33BB18549192.jpeg

6CB46434-306C-4202-AF9A-2BEFF1F3EB18.jpeg

A200BD46-E7A5-4E56-B250-0F60F7FBB7AD.jpeg

472C4574-98BB-493C-8510-C8586CADC69F.jpeg

There is a deck outside the lounge for fireworks viewing (with soundtrack) should you receive a room that overlooks the pool.

I am Timmy

It means the balcony is enclosed, so if you are sitting outside you can’t see the view (unless you stand up) and your view from inside the room is obstructed on the lower half.

For comparison ~
Open balcony:
View attachment 372937

View attachment 372936

Dormer from inside:
View attachment 372935

The rooms at WL are considerably smaller than Poly and Contemporary, but are fine for 3 adults. We enjoy the club level food offerings and the views from above looking down into the lobby are great. The lounge is also much less crowded than other CL lounges, as there are far fewer CL rooms at WL. Staff is warm and friendly.

View attachment 372933

View attachment 372934

View attachment 372931

View attachment 372932

There is a deck outside the lounge for fireworks viewing (with soundtrack) should you receive a room that overlooks the pool.
Thanks for all the pics! I love to see places I'll never get to go, lol.... and you are adorable in that balcony pic!

aw14

For comparison ~
Open balcony:
View attachment 372937

View attachment 372936

Dormer from inside:
View attachment 372935

View attachment 372933

View attachment 372934

View attachment 372931

View attachment 372932

Thank you for the clarification. This is our first stay at WL, so we are excited, but concerned we won't like it as much as Poly or CR.

We have stayed CL at AKO and BC, which were nice, but we are a MK family.

KikoKea

We like to chill in TL to listen to the music, usually at Cosmic Ray's in the area overlooking the castle. It's quiet most of the time.

BoarderPhreak

Our favorite "non-Disney" resort is the Swan, so we're pretty good with the Boardwalk. Great spot though! Hello Dole Whips with Captain Morgan's. 🍸

Parks... The flagpole or nearby benches (even atop the rail station) on Main St. USA. The fountain or Italy, overlooking the lagoon in Epcot. I really dig Morocco too. Anywhere in Pandora, Africa or Asia, AK.

So many good spots that just transport you to a different place. 👍

Orangeanna

There are a couple of picnic tables on the backside of the tree of life in a.k. coincidentally there is a cart nearby that sells alcohol😉. The spot is so secluded most people miss it. We like to sit and try to identify all the animals on the tree. It's right on the river too and in the shade. Almost afraid to give this up, next time they'll be a crowd.

Maelstrom Troll

Most of our faves have been mentioned already but in the MK, it’s the 2nd floor of CHH for dinner. It’s rarely busy, I can see the HM, the theming is nice, and the Lighthouse sandwich is actually pretty good.
At Epcot, I like the little tables near the Guerlain boutique because hardly anyone is ever there and it’s a quiet place to eat your pastries or sip a cocktail. Also love being in LaCava, Katsuragi grill, and anywhere in the Morocco pavilion...it’s a total gem!
In HS, Echo lake is a huge draw for us. Gotta love the mix of 50’s and 60’s kitsch and modernism.
We dont spend nearly enough time at AK b/c DD is an EE junky. The only spot I really ever chill there is outside the giftshop near the ride. I will say the bar at Yak and Yeti is a great place to have a beer. The staff has always been super friendly and the food is really good.
As for the resorts, the benches outside of YC/BC are great at sunset. The view of the lake and boardwalk are really stunning! Another good spot is near the river at FQ. We walked out early one morning and a huge fog was over the water. That with the NO decor and Spanish Moss was really beautiful. Lastly, my DD would sit all day in the YC lobby....in the little chairs watching the TV screen 😛

FettFan

If you could pick one spot on property to sit and people watch or just relax, where would it be and why? For me it's the Boardwalk. I once sat in front of the Screen Door General Store on a bench for a couple of hours and it was so relaxing. I even made friends with an elderly gentleman and his family while they laughed at the birds trying to eat some of my ice cream bar. I love the sounds there and just being by the water is so relaxing.

What's your chill spot at WDW?

Aunt Polly's.

EDIT - And of course the TTA Peoplemover. :D

I love people watching! It's great anywhere, but I have really enjoyed sitting outside of Mouse Gears at Epcot for this. My most beloved spot to hang out and just sit/stroll/observe, is The Oasis at the Animal Kingdom. I have to visit with the birds, be surrounded by the tropical greenery, look at the fish in the water, etc.! :)

Walt Disney1955

I'm really not one to sit and watch people because I'm on the go go go attempting to get as much done as I can fit in .... but when I do sit to chill out, its on the train station deck overlooking main street with that wonderful view of the castle and listening to the main street music.

Yes, excellent view. We have sat up there right after a parade and it was fun just to watch everyone following the parade from behind.

Others that come to mind for me, the rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer Island (honestly I have no idea why TSI gets so little love at times, I love it)

There are benches right near Country Bear Jamboree looking out into Frontierland. You hear the music in the background, the Liberty Belle Riverboat is going and it is just relaxing for me.

Smiley/OCD

Aunt Polly's on TSI to just RELAX, anywhere near Casey's/Plaza or the hub to people watch and actually, one of the best places to strike up conversations and people watch is on the buses...my DF HATES when I do this, but I usually meet great people and have great conversations on the buses.

bjlc57

my Ma just turned 89.. and two weeks ago she was in her spot.. in France where she can watch at least two directions.. the bridge going into England and then to the east.. and she will sit there for hours and enjoy her self.. give her three cups of coffee and a ham and cheese croissant. and maybe a dessert or two and its what she feels is worth the price of admission..

JIMINYCR

Yes, excellent view. We have sat up there right after a parade and it was fun just to watch everyone following the parade from behind.

Others that come to mind for me, the rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer Island (honestly I have no idea why TSI gets so little love at times, I love it)

There are benches right near Country Bear Jamboree looking out into Frontierland. You hear the music in the background, the Liberty Belle Riverboat is going and it is just relaxing for me.
My other spots as well. TSI gets dissed too much, it is a great area to escape to when the crowds get oppressive and its a very peaceful, relaxing area to wander through. I still get enjoyment waking through Fort Langhorn and wandering through the caves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom