If you could replace a WDW ride/show with it's DL version, which one would it be?

If you could replace two WDW rides/shows with their DL version, which two would you replace?

• Total voters

imagineer boy

Indy definitely (though located at DHS instead of Animal Kingdom), POTC is an easy choice, and I'd also include Space Mountain (I think its superior to WDW's. Less rough and much more convincing special effects), as well as Fantasmic and Jungle Cruise.

JAG107

I voted for Pirates, of course, because the WDW version is totally pathetic compared to the original.
My second vote went for F!, even though I've never seen the WDW one in person, I know it's inferior because it lacks the Columbia, the Mark Twain, and of course the immensely impressive Murphy the Dragon.

I actually really like the WDW Space, it's like going back to 1975. I love its retro charm. And I like the Splash also, for its own unique differences.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Oh man, I personally did not like the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at all. But to each his/her own :)
I'm actually not even a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, but I really liked having a different experience on the ride than the experience I have every other time I ride it. It was nice to switch it up I guess. But, I can completely understand why one wouldn't like it and like you said, to each their own :)

JohnD

Something told me Indy would be popular. Haven't been to DL so haven't seen their version of Pirates. I hear it's longer and it has a Bayou, theme, obviously, being in New Orleans Square.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I strongly disapprove of changing Dinosaur to Indiana Jones... Specifically because of these reasons..

1). Indiana Jones doesn't fit with Animal Kingdom's theme.
2). DINOSAUR is a WDW exclusive E-Ticket thrill rides that you can't find at any of the other parks.
3). It's a dino-themed thrill ride that is 100X better an Universal's dino water ride, which is an up for Disney.
4). The best Dinosaur themed attraction in any theme park, in my opinion.
5). The only good part about Dinoland USA

Pirates and Splash were my choices.. I was tossed between Splash and Space, but I chose Splash. More animatronics and a longer ride! However, I prefer the two-seater logs.

captainmoch

Eh. I don't think Dinosaur is that good. Maybe if it had impressive scenery the entire way through, I'd like it better, but since at least 60% of the ride is almost entirely in the dark, it's just very unimpressive to me. I do agree, that it doesn't fit in DAK that well. However, if I could magically trade Dinosaur in DAK for IJA in DHS/MK, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MaxxStephen

It was a tie for me between Pirates and Fantasmic.

If DHS is planning to keep Fantasmic around for another 20 years then they need to update. I'm getting scared for the show if we haven't even gotten a new dragon yet. It would be cool even if they used a bit of TDL's Fantasmic soundtrack, I think it's beautiful <3
Disneyland's version is superb of course. I love how it's right in Disneyland and how close you are to the show. I love the Peter Pan segment and the longer Ursula segment, but you can't beat Sorcerer Mickey on top of the mountain though.

Besides my "complaining" it is still a MUST SEE whenever I visit, I would be heartbroken if they ever decided to get rid of it.

And with Pirates, I just love the whole beginning in the Blue Bayou at Disneyland, the sounds <3 Ugh, obsessed. It honestly changes the feel of the ride, atmosphere wise it wins.
I prefer the queue at WDW, but I wish they brought back the mermaids, it was actually an update that I wish had stayed.

PinnySmart

Pirates and Space are the only two experiences that I feel are superior at DLR over WDW. Space Is smooth as silk and the Ghost Gallaxy overlay is brilliant. Pirates is just beautiful at DLR. sit feels like a classic Walt Disney film. I do not care for Haunted Mansion Holiday at all. It feels sloppy and unfinished IMO but it is a favorite of DLR locals. I never get to see their normal haunted mansion because I am using there during the overlay. Splash at WDW is more colorful and lush. Splash at DLR just doesn't compare after riding it at WDW. As much as I love Indy I wouldn't trade for Dinosaur because it is one of a kind. I feel it unacceptable that Indy hasn't been added to DHS though. It seems like a no brainer. Of course this is all just my opinion. I love polls like this because it helps me to see the parks though the eyes of others. We all see things very differently but all love the parks just as much.

imagineer boy

I strongly disapprove of changing Dinosaur to Indiana Jones... Specifically because of these reasons..

1). Indiana Jones doesn't fit with Animal Kingdom's theme.
2). DINOSAUR is a WDW exclusive E-Ticket thrill rides that you can't find at any of the other parks.
3). It's a dino-themed thrill ride that is 100X better an Universal's dino water ride, which is an up for Disney.
4). The best Dinosaur themed attraction in any theme park, in my opinion.
5). The only good part about Dinoland USA

Pirates and Splash were my choices.. I was tossed between Splash and Space, but I chose Splash. More animatronics and a longer ride! However, I prefer the two-seater logs.

Well I wouldn't say its about replacing Dinosaur with Indy, but bringing Indy over here period (perhaps at DHS).

WondersOfLife

Well I wouldn't say its about replacing Dinosaur with Indy, but bringing Indy over here period (perhaps at DHS).

But the title of the thread is literally asking "if you could replace a wow ride show with its dl version which one would it be" I swear the word replace is in there!

Kate F

Isn't the WDW version of Splash longer though, or does it just seem that way because it's slower? Either way, I disagree, because even though DL has more animatronics, the WDW version does a better job of telling the story and I think that the theming and level of immersion is stronger as well. The only thing I think the DL version does better is the thrills.

WondersOfLife

Isn't the WDW version of Splash longer though, or does it just seem that way because it's slower? Either way, I disagree, because even though DL has more animatronics, the WDW version does a better job of telling the story and I think that the theming and level of immersion is stronger as well. The only thing I think the DL version does better is the thrills.

It seems like the DL version actually is shorter shockingly.. However, I feel like it's longer and better. But that is just my opinion.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I whole-heartedly agree! We rode Splash at DL and came out pretty disappointed; it is one of our favorite WDW rides and the DL version doesn't even come close.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt many people here have been to Tokyo Disney Resort, but sure, what would you replace?

That's a much tougher question. Although not all of TDRs attractions could be considered the best version, they are all meticulously maintained to a standard exceeding either Florida or California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom