If you could have one back...

If you could make them bring back one attraction, which would it be?

• 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Votes: 45 24.5%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • Horizons

Votes: 49 26.6%
  • Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 47 25.5%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters

Bairstow

Original Poster
Man, I thought 20K was going to do a lot better than it did. I loved how its presence in Fantasyland kept the land from being an utter kid's area like it became afterwards.
Maybe it's been closed so long more people simply remember Imagination.

IndianaJones

There wasn't a choice for most of the above...

Truth is I never cared much for Alien Encounter.

I adored the others though. I voted for Figment because I still consider it one of my all time favorite experiences. It's been years since I've been on it(obviously) but I still remember things about it. And with it came a much more amazing Image Works.

20K is one I remember liking, but truthfully I don't remember much about it. I was fairly young the last time I went on it. But I do remember thinking that it was awesome that we were in a real submarine!

World of Motion I did enjoy, but I really dig Test Track so I'm not crushed that it is gone.

Horizons on the other hand should never have gone anywhere. I read somewhere someone called it a sequel to The Carousel of Progress and I tend to agree with that. And I won't even bring up the thing that replaced it...

Great thread.

disney4life2008

If 20K was around between 1994 and 2001 -I am we walked past it but Ive never been on it. Any videos (albiet likely impossible) around?

Not part of the choices but I want the old spaceship earth narrator back but keep the updated scenes.

As for Horizons and WOM, it is no way they would have lasted in 2013 but I would vote for them.

Journey Into Imagination. The current version, Journey Into Imagination with Figment is absolutely horrible! Dr. Nigel Channing is annoying and The Imagination Institute is boring and unimaginative! I really wish Disney would bring back the original with modern technology!

BigBlu2k7

I never liked Journey Into Imagination (Figment annoyed me), I don't know what Horizons was (though I am curious about it), and I voted for 20,000 Leagues just because I heard how great it was. And I was always was so curious about it. I do miss Mr. Toads, Body Wars and I will miss Snow White Adventures.

Silver Figment

It was close for me but Alien Encounter nosed out Journey into Imagination just slightly. I'm a huge Figment fan and would like to see either the original Journey into Imagination back, or a good overhaul of the attraction while still keeping Figment. I chose Alien Encounter because I feel it offered a truly unique experience to WDW. It was actually scary and I think it fit in great with TL.

GrammieBee

Alien Acounter was a hoot and a half. Our whole family loved it, but you did need a good grasp on reality when the chamber holding the alien breaks and you are in absolute darkness, there is shouting, foot steps are heard running around, then something is chewing on bones right behind you and you are squirted with some fluid. Also the puns that flew by in the waiting area were hilarious.

Too bad so many people thought it was not Disney appropriate as it was too scary for their children. Probably for them as well. Stitch's Great Escape is a mere shadow of Alien Encounter.

DisneyDaver

Alien Encounter was one of the best attractions at MK. I was very disappointing when I learned it was gone. Imagination and Horizons were also big losses. World of Motion and 20K ... I could do without those attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom