If you could give one attraction one major update

Matt_Black

In all my time on this forum, I've never seen anyone try to defend this ride... hats off to you! You've got a good point there, I'm just jaded from driving in real cars and tired of loud gassy vehicles in the parks :confused: A hybrid would help things out, though I still think the space could be utilized a tad better.

Really? Because I've run into a ton of weak defenses as to why it shouldn't be removed or updated. When you point out how 60s diesel burning race cars ain't exactly futuristic anymore, someone here once said, and I kid you not, "But it's THEIR future! The little ones will eventually grow up to drive in the world of tomorrow!" That doesn't take into account how self-driving cars may put the lie to that, but there you go.

Keep the Speedway, but it needs a major, MAJOR overhaul. There is very little to differentiate it from the numerous imitations at theme parks across the country. At least the Tea Cups have fun music and the Dormouse popping up to say hello.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
ANY of the animatronic shows outside of American Adventure... I would massively update the Animatronics to purely electric AAs, getting rid of the hydraulic models. We see how awesome the electric AAs can be with Rocket and Avatarland.... Imagine that in Carousel of Progress or Country Bear Jamboree! It'd really make AA shows stand out again just like they did in the 70s!

parkhopper1213

I can't believe nobody has said the the last scene in Carousel of Progress. That was my immediate thought. Also, (sleeper) American Adventure needs and upgrade. Nothing is wrong with it other than it being not that good.
I agree this attraction needs to be updated. Especially the last section. The decor is 1980's. I guess if it were updated, the last section would have the "progress family" looking at their cell phones.

NickMaio

I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N = = = = Please give this, once amazing ride, some attention that it truly deserves.
Imagination is everything that Disney is. Its core purpose from the first imagineers.

GVentola

I want Spaceship Earth to have a clear view of its descent again. I also want Lance Armstrong removed from the American Adventure montage. It's rather embarrassing to have him there. And I'd like for them to restore, as much as possible, the original Journey into Imagination. Bring back Dreamfinder and Figment's original innocent rather than mischievous personality.

NickMaio

I want Spaceship Earth to have a clear view of its descent again. I also want Lance Armstrong removed from the American Adventure montage. It's rather embarrassing to have him there. And I'd like for them to restore, as much as possible, the original Journey into Imagination. Bring back Dreamfinder and Figment's original innocent rather than mischievous personality.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Magenta Panther

What attraction and what would you change/add?

I'd replace the Stitch in SGE with this guy but leave the rest of the ride unchanged
images

I would remove the dreadful claustrophobic queue from Haunted Mansion, and I would instruct the cast members to present the ride to guests the way it was intended to - so that guests could hear the full narration in the foyer and watch the portrait change. Then, and only then, would guests be allowed to enter the Stretching Room. Also, I would arrange that handicapped folk be admitted to the Mansion in such a way as not to interrupt the ride's narrative with frequent stops. That happened so often the last time I visited WDW that I've pretty much decided not to ride the Mansion again until that problem is competently addressed by TDO (and we know how likely that is).

ppete1975

Carousel of Progress needs a new future scene...but we all know that.
No leave COP how it is but build a new building with all visions of the future... then even let the rider pick how it ends. Heck put it in Epcot..... wait...... didn't this happen already..... what ever happened.......

Horizons_Full_770.jpg

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd probably replace the ride vehicles for Winnie the Pooh. Never really was a fan of the honey pot looking things anyway. I'd go with some really old fashioned jalopies. I'd probably also have 2 separate loading areas instead of just the one that Pooh has. I'd make each track have a slightly different path so it would be a little different depending on which loading area you boarded the ride. You know.....kinda like you'd pass through a Hall on one track and maybe a Trophy Room on the other.

I'd throw in a few weasels, an amphibian type character, a barn, some sheep, a few goats, and a place with a bartender called Mr Winky. Then I'd throw in some coppers, more weasels, police barricades and then a tunnel that you and your jalopy could travel down ....right before a really bright light and a train horn wrecked havoc on your miniaturized motor vehicle. Finally, I'd end the ride with a fantastic scene that had flames, and characters in red suits.

............That's my idea for Winnie the Pooh.

GVentola

I'd probably replace the ride vehicles for Winnie the Pooh. Never really was a fan of the honey pot looking things anyway. I'd go with some really old fashioned jalopies. I'd probably also have 2 separate loading areas instead of just the one that Pooh has. I'd make each track have a slightly different path so it would be a little different depending on which loading area you boarded the ride. You know.....kinda like you'd pass through a Hall on one track and maybe a Trophy Room on the other.

I'd throw in a few weasels, an amphibian type character, a barn, some sheep, a few goats, and a place with a bartender called Mr Winky. Then I'd throw in some coppers, more weasels, police barricades and then a tunnel that you and your jalopy could travel down ....right before a really bright light and a train horn wrecked havoc on your miniaturized motor vehicle. Finally, I'd end the ride with a fantastic scene that had flames, and characters in red suits.

............That's my idea for Winnie the Pooh.

That was funny. There is something I would change about Pooh's ride. In the scene where the wind is supposedly blowing real hard, I'd have a real breeze. Enough so that they might warn riders to hang on to their hats. A cool breeze would be delightful on Disney's notoriously hot days.

copcarguyp71

I've been staring at this question for several days and pondering the query because it is a really really good question and one that has many applicable solutions.

To make one single improvement on one ride only...man that is tough but if it were up to me I would add a series random missions to Mission Space and have user input actually effect the mission. It's not the best ride at WDW and it still would not be even with the improvement but I have to say that I feel this is the ride that one single improvement would mean worlds of difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom