If you could create or expand a transportation network on property..

Nottamus

A walk way from AKL to AK. I mean, it’s right. there.

and while we’re at it, maybe a safari type train from AKL to AK.

Brad Bishop

Since this is all fantasy:

Create an actual transportation hub where everyone would park (except resort guests) and then they'd take the Monorail to the destination of choice (some parks sharing the same line depending on what made sense).

The Monorail would also connect each of the resort areas with internal Peoplemovers in each area (like one Monorail stop over in All-Stars motels but a separate Peoplemover connecting each of those hotels (possibly at multiple points) to the group's monorail station.

Parks:
- build a Peoplemover so that you can get from Future World out to World Showcase (all the way out - like circle the lake).
- Add a train or Peoplemover to Animal Kingdom with thoughts into the future (it's a big park - allow for the expansion of the Peoplemover as the park evolves - make it so that you can walk through the park or hop on a Peoplemover to get to where you need to go.)
- Animal Kingdom: Skyride which takes you over the animals and over the park - basically transportation + attraction. Maybe have it take you to the back to Rafiki's area.
- Magic Kingdom: Extend the Peoplemover into Tron - dumb that they didn't just do this.
- Hollywood Studios: build a Peoplemover that has stops:
- at the gate
- Hollywood Blvd near ToT
- Toy Story Land
- Galaxy's Edge

Wilderness Lodge: It's so close but not on the Monorail. Make it a Monorail resort by pushing the line out enough to get "close enough" to the front entrance to where the Monorail would be feasible.

Fort Wilderness: put the train back

Epcot Resort area: connect all of the hotels to each other and Epcot AND the Monorail using the Peoplemover
Epcot: Skyliner: create a better way to get from the Skyliner to the Monorail (this is dumb that they didn't do this already - if you have to get to the Monorail from the Skyliner than you end up having to walk through Epcot (forgetting about the reservation system)

UNCgolf

Epcot: Skyliner: create a better way to get from the Skyliner to the Monorail (this is dumb that they didn't do this already - if you have to get to the Monorail from the Skyliner than you end up having to walk through Epcot (forgetting about the reservation system)

I'd never even thought about the fact that the current park hopping system means you can't take the Skyliner to EPCOT or walk there from Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht and then use the monorail to get to Magic Kingdom.

I suppose it's not a big deal at the moment since EPCOT often opens later than the other parks, but I'd always considered that an additional benefit for the Boardwalk area. Head into EPCOT, maybe grab breakfast at the bakery in France, then take the monorail over to the MK. That's not possible now since you couldn't enter MK until 2 PM.

RScottyL

I would love to see something that is not common in the real world, and specific to the Disney Parks;

(1) Monorail would be my first choice! It is futuristic looking and it is symbolic with Disney

(2) People Mover would be my second choice, but it would obviously have to be covered because of the rain that Disney gets.

(3) Disney trains would be another choice

Another possibility, although found in the"normal world outside of the park" would be something like light rail, with all of the cars wrapped like the monorail cars!

castlecake2.0

Create a North/south east/west transit hub near Word Dr and Buena Vista dr.

The property suffers from urban sprawl however making most type off mass transit ineffective. Tali’s suffers from a leadership team too scared to take risks like they used to. Each day WDW becomes less about showing how great the world can be and becomes more a theme park.

I wonder how possible it is to make RCID in charge of transit and pay for it through taxes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom