If you could add a ViacomCBS IP to the Universal parks what would it be?

If you could add a ViacomCBS IP to the Universal parks what would it be?

• Total voters

Frankenstein79

Which studio owns MI? Is Bourne a Uni property already?

Personally I still miss Terminator, but that's another story.
MI is Paramount. Bourne is Universal.

Yep, so it could be an easy change over if Uni acquires Paramount (ViacomCBS). Mission Impossible is definitely the better franchise, when it comes to sequels and musical score.

OG Runner

A Star Trek ride or even section of the parks would be amazing. Providing merchandise sales and restaurants on the promanade (sp?) of
Deep Space Nine. A ride on the Enterprise. (Yes, even if you used screens, similar to Star Tours) I really think there are enough different ways to use the IP, it would not only be fun but profitable to the company.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
A Star Trek ride or even section of the parks would be amazing. Providing merchandise sales and restaurants on the promanade (sp?) of
Deep Space Nine. A ride on the Enterprise. (Yes, even if you used screens, similar to Star Tours) I really think there are enough different ways to use the IP, it would not only be fun but profitable to the company.
I agree there are so many possibilities with Star Trek.

lebeau

The problem with Star Trek is which version do you use? You can't please everyone. It would most likely be the current movies (which are on life support) or TV shows (which are locked on a minor streaming service). It's hard to even do a generic all-purpose Star Trek because the versions are so different.

seascape

When Disney bought 21st Century Fox, the Fox Networks (Broadcast, news, and sports) were spun off as a different company since Disney already owned ABC, so in a situation where Comcast buys ViacomCBS, the same would likely happen to CBS.
Never going to happen. The two companies just merged and splitting them up right away is admitting it was a stupid thing to do. If Comcast wanted Viacom they should have tried to buy them before the merger.

OG Runner

The problem with Star Trek is which version do you use? You can't please everyone. It would most likely be the current movies (which are on life support) or TV shows (which are locked on a minor streaming service). It's hard to even do a generic all-purpose Star Trek because the versions are so different.

I would think the show, mainly The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine & Voyager. (all during the same star dates. "nerd alert")
Maybe a sprinkling of original for merchandise. I mean meet and greets with the Borg, Cardassians or Andorians would be fun.

OG Runner

Also read an article that either company could merge with Warner Media. How about replacing Marvel with DC? (as it was originally
projected) I would imagine changing the Spiderman ride to a Batman ride wouldn't take much. They could also sell the Marvel rights
to Disney, for what I would assume would be a huge profit.

seascape

Also read an article that either company could merge with Warner Media. How about replacing Marvel with DC? (as it was originally
projected) I would imagine changing the Spiderman ride to a Batman ride wouldn't take much. They could also sell the Marvel rights
to Disney, for what I would assume would be a huge profit.
DC rights are owned by Six Flags. Even if they purchased WB they won't be allowed to build any DC rides in the US.

jonnyc

DC rights are owned by Six Flags. Even if they purchased WB they won't be allowed to build any DC rides in the US.

Such a shame - with the multiple parks could have a different DC city in each park - Metropolis in Universal, Amensty Bay in IOA, Gotham in Epic Universe with a Blüdhaven expansion. If done to a Wizarding World standard could be absolutely incredible.

If they did a version of the Jimmy Newtron ride but on a track with physical AAs, that could be cool, travelling through the various Nick properties - like an intense Great Movie Ride.

Star Trek would seem like a no brainer, but hard to do a 'generic' version - I think the most visually impressive storyline they could do would be a ride using the Borg, just borrow some of the de-aging tech they used for Patrick Stewart in X-Men 😂

lebeau

I would think the show, mainly The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine & Voyager. (all during the same star dates. "nerd alert")
Maybe a sprinkling of original for merchandise. I mean meet and greets with the Borg, Cardassians or Andorians would be fun.
That was arguably the peak of the franchise at least in terms of market saturation. But Next Gen went off the air in 1994! The Next Gen movie franchise (First Contact not withstanding) never really took off and ended with the critical and commercial bomb ST: Nemesis in 2002. The characters were most recently seen on Paramount+. Do we set in that timeline or where the shows were in the late 80's/early 90's? Each choice alienates some of the fanbase and dates the land. It made sense to use that time period for the Vegas experience when Voyage was still on the air. But I can't imagine building a theme park land around a previous incarnation of an ongoing franchise.

You also have the problem of setting. You can't put the entire land inside Enterprise. Do you set it in a generic sci-fi setting like they did with Galaxy's Edge? That's probably what you have to do, but you run into the same problems Disney had adopting Star Wars (although in the case of Galaxy's Edge I would argue those wounds were largely self-inflicted).

lebeau

Such a shame - with the multiple parks could have a different DC city in each park - Metropolis in Universal, Amensty Bay in IOA, Gotham in Epic Universe with a Blüdhaven expansion. If done to a Wizarding World standard could be absolutely incredible.

If they did a version of the Jimmy Newtron ride but on a track with physical AAs, that could be cool, travelling through the various Nick properties - like an intense Great Movie Ride.

Star Trek would seem like a no brainer, but hard to do a 'generic' version - I think the most visually impressive storyline they could do would be a ride using the Borg, just borrow some of the de-aging tech they used for Patrick Stewart in X-Men 😂
The DC Universe with its multiple fictional settings is actually better suited to theme park adaptation than Marvel. Most Marvel heroes are based in NYC. So that leaves you with the choice of a realistic New York (kind of blah), a comic booky setting (like at IoA) or basing entire lands around settings like Wakanda with characters like the Fantastic Four or Avengers as guest stars. With DC, Metropolis and Gotham are no brainers. You could also do Themyscira and Atlantis although those lands would probably be a bit more challenging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom