If Walt was still here...

If Walt was still here or came back somehow, which park would be his favorite...?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Epcot

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Disney-MGM Studios

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

mickey04

I agree that Magic Kingdom would be his favorite b/c of how much he loved Disneyland. But I also think he would be disappointed that the EPCOT or working city of the future, was never built.

Pioneer Hall

I think Walt would be happy and sad in a way to see what WDW is...

WDW is nothing like what Walt wanted (well except Magic Kingdom). He would not like Epcot the way it is either. But I think he would like the fact that WDW is so large and has so much there like he planned. He would also like knowing that he would have the most visited resort in the world.

mickeyman

I think he would be dissapointed with the whole thing. He wouldn't let certain rides close earlier than others. wouldn't have ride only open certain days. Not charge $60 for a sweatshirt. over all it would be a better place. not that i don't love it haw it is. I don't like how they are using walt to make money though. 100 years of magic. please. more like lets tell all the stupid people that we are having a celebration and they will come and spend more money.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by mickeyman
I think he would be dissapointed with the whole thing. He wouldn't let certain rides close earlier than others. wouldn't have ride only open certain days. Not charge $60 for a sweatshirt. over all it would be a better place. not that i don't love it haw it is. I don't like how they are using walt to make money though. 100 years of magic. please. more like lets tell all the stupid people that we are having a celebration and they will come and spend more money.

I agree that the 100 YOM celebration is a money getter for the company but it really does have a point. Have you been on One Man's Dream yet? Well i advise you to go see it and then tell me if they aren't appreciating Walt.

ToTBellHop

The Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow was built...you would know it as the town of Celebration--it's disney built, and families live, learn, and play together there. This is the reason why in about 1996, when Celebration opened, EPCOT Center became Epcot. Epcot is no longer the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

mickeyman

i have been through one mans dream and i think it is great. but i also think that something like that should have always been in disneyworld. Not just for a year. Let everybody else who comes for years to come enjoy this or a similar attraction.

Jedi Osborn

I think he'd be split, some things seem to hold true to his vision, while others (mcdonalds food in the park <shudder>) don't.

But beyond the parks (this is a little off topic, sorry), there's one thing that drives me totally nuts. All the sequels . 3 Aladdin movies, can't remember all the Beauty & the Beast spin offs. I remember reading that Walt hated the idea of sequels unless there was a compelling story to tell. Seems like that ideal was thrown right out the window. If he were around today, there'd be no Cinderella 2, that's for sure!!!

But, back on topic, I think aside from Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom would be his next favorite.

Pioneer Hall

Well the Aladdin sequels had a point...they were all written and were all real stories. So the sequels weren't made up.

But Cinderella 2, Dumbo 2, and other type movies would drive him nuts.

no2apprentice

I don't think Walt would be unhappy with anything. Why, you may ask? Simple. He would still be in charge. No telling what we might be seeing if that was possible.

Think about it. All the controversy about Disney putting out R rated movies under other studios names. Would Walt have done that? I really don't think he would have gone in that direction.

And the monorail. Nothing else like it. I love it. But, what would Walt be looking at now? Would he move on to other possibilities for mass transit, with the big jump in technology since the 50's? I think he would.

Anyway, my vote goes to Magic Kingdom. First half of the name says it all.

jcrb

WDW is nothing like what Walt wanted (well except Magic Kingdom). He would not like Epcot the way it is either. But I think he would like the fact that WDW is so large and has so much there like he planned. He would also like knowing that he would have the most visited resort in the world.

What about World Show Case? I think Walt would be proud at all of the Countries and the cast members that come from different countries to work/learn.

WDI3423

What if Walt...

I think EPCOT would be his favorite park. Walt's first envision of the "Florida Project" mainly consisted of Epcot. Although it is not what he originally thought of, it's a terrific park and is in honor of Walt. I think Walt would be honored that Roy named the resort after Walt and that they built a smaller and more conservative version of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom