If Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom were to be updated after the 50th anniversary

TheMrRamonlle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Since you may know that the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World hasn't gone through changes recently (apart from the TRON Lightcycle / Run ride construction update), I think it may need a drastic overhaul (by having updated attractions with some replacing the classic ones) to be on par with Tokyo Disneyland. In other words, many of the classic attractions have been outdated (even Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios).

It may be possible for the park to expand a lot more. Well, although I can't do the layout of it, here's the revised list of everything (attractions, shops, and food services) with the ones I thought based on Lilo and Stitch, Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan (three of them inspired from Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasy Springs), and various Disney Afternoon shows and could happen after Disney World's 50th anniversary. And kindly notice that I took out the Liberty Square so I could move the Hall of Presidents to the American Adventure at Epcot which I think makes more sense.

List of areas

Bold = New attraction/shop/restaurant
Bold and Colored (based on themed land) = updated version of the attraction/shop/food restaurant

Main Street U.S.A.

Attractions

• City Hall
  • Firehouse
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Town Square Theater (with Darkwing Duck replacing Tinker Bell)
  • Walt Disney World Railroad
  • Dapper Dans
  • Main Street Trolley Show
  • Bicycle Piano

Shops

• The Chapeau
  • Minnie's Sweethearts Confectionery (retheming of Confectionery)
  • Crystal Arts
  • Disney Clothiers
  • Disney & Co.
  • Emporium
  • Main Street Athletic Club
  • Main Street Cinema
  • Main Street Gallery
  • Uptown Jewelers

Restaurants

• Casey's Corner
  • Crystal Palace
  • Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks Coffee
  • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
  • Plaza Inn Restaurant
  • Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Fantasyland

Notice that I omitted the Storybook Circus area so I don't know which attractions to put. Any suggestions? Anyhow, I added a sub-area based on Tangled similar to the one from Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea. As well, I took out Peter Pan's Flight and decided to put Neverland located in the west of Adventureland, also similar to the Tokyo DisneySea one.

Attractions

• Cinderella Castle
  • The Mickey Mouse Revue (revival) (in place of Mickey's PhilharMagic and Peter Pan's Flight, updated with recent characters and those from Pixar films and The Disney Afternoon)
  • Prince Charming's Regal Carousel
  • Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast (from Tokyo Disneyland replacing Enchanted Tales with Belle and the Be Our Guest Restaurant)
  • It's a Small World - Although I did enjoy that version, I now feel a little miffed that the facade was shoved down into the interior still standing in the first place. To make it coincide with all the Disney Magic Kingdom parks (except Shanghai), it could move next to the area where Storybook Circus stands and feature a Small World Plaza. Also, like Hong Kong, California, and Tokyo, this will have a character adaptation - actually with ALL the characters from said versions in addition to Tiana, Naveen, and Louis from The Princess and the Frog, King Louie, two monkeys, and Bagheera from The Jungle Book, and Darkwing Duck and his sidekick Launchpad McQuack.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Mad Tea Party (like at Tokyo Disneyland, various characters could occasionally ride on the teacups)
  • The White Rabbit's House - like the one from the rejected expansion concept for Tokyo Disneyland. This will replace the Storybook Circus as it will become Wonderland.
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Like they say, many attractions seem to be already outdated. So why not we have the Pooh ride get inspiration from Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh's Hunny Hunt by having advanced technology and updated looks for the characters and the vehicles.
  • King Triton's Concert (from Tokyo DisneySea's Mermaid Lagoon Theater replacing Ariel's Undersea Adventure because that's more than enough omni-movers)
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Walt Disney World Railroad (Fantasyland)

Shops

• Bonjour! Village Gifts
  • Mickey's Harmony Faire (in place of Fantasy Faire)
  • Willie the Giant's (retheming of Sir Mickey's)
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine
  • Hundred Acre Goods
  • Mad Hatter's

Restaurants

• Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall (replacing Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café)
  • Royal Princess Table (updated version of Cinderella's Royal Table with offerings and elements from Princess FairyTale Hall and Be Our Guest Restaurant)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant
  • Gaston's Tavern
  • Prince Eric's Village Market
  • Storybook Treats

Kingdom of Corona (NEW!)

This area, based on the 2010 film, is similar to the one from Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea. Part of it replaces the original It's a Small World location.

Attractions

• Tangled gondola ride from TDS's Fantasy Springs

Restaurants

• Snuggly Duckling

Arendelle (NEW!)

For the first time in forever, the Frozen land, entitled "Arendelle", will be added to an American Disney park, just by being located in the back of Fantasyland like Hong Kong Disneyland. This one is inspired from the Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris ones and next to the Tangled area. I relocated Frozen Ever After from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom to coincide with the other attractions as well as for its characters to join the others in the park. Besides, I thought of relocating the For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Celebration to Epcot.

Attractions

• Frozen Ever After (originally from Epcot) - unlike the original, this updated version will feature animatronics of Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff with actual animatronic faces like Belle in TDL's Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast. But this will also revolve around the story of Frozen II where Anna becomes a queen following the abdication of Elsa who is now a Spirit in the Enchanted Forest. Located in the Frozen section.
  • Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs

Shops

• Wandering Oaken's Trading Post

Restaurants

• Elsa's Spirit Snacks

Tomorrowland

Attractions

• Space Mountain
  • TRON Lightcycle Power Run (of course, it'll open on 2022 as part of the resort's 50th anniversary)
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Stitch's Alien Encounter (meet and greet area) - Sadly, the signage was already torn down. And fans I believe were really upset when this occurred. But I know Stitch still meets personally somewhere in Tomorrowland. But seriously, he needs more attention. So it's best to get this M&G facility back.
  • Tomorrowland PeopleMover
  • The Happy Ride with Baymax (from Tokyo Disneyland) - It will take the place of the Carrousel of Progress because it's already out of date and we wanna focus on a new generation of Disney.
  • Rescue Rangers RC Boats - This could replace the Tomorrowland Speedway likely to avoid pollution. This is inspired from Tokyo DisneySea's Aquatopia but the vehicles are modeled after the Ranger Plane. Hosted by the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers cast. This is the second ride based on the show after Gadget's Go-Coaster at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown areas.

Shops

• Buzz Lightyear Shop
  • Merchant of Venus
  • Star Traders
  • Space Mountain Shop

Restaurants

• Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies
  • The Red One (replacing Cool Ship)
  • Pizza Planet Arcade
  • The Lunching Pad
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

Adventureland

Attractions

• Jungle Cruise
  • Moana-themed Tiki Room
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure (from Shanghai Disneyland)
  • Hire for Hire (replacing Swiss Family Treehouse) - a meet-and-greet facility where guests can meet Baloo, Kit, and Rebecca from TaleSpin.
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Shops

• Agrabah Bazaar
  • Zanzibar Trading Company
  • Bwana Bob's
  • Island Supply
  • Pirate's Bazaar

Restaurants

• Aloha Isle Refreshments (themed to Moana and Lilo and Stitch)
  • Sunshine Tree Terrace
  • Hakuna Matata Restaurant (replacing Tortuga Tavern) - What would a Disney park be without a sign of The Lion King? It would be the first one since Legend of the Lion King that was in the same venue where Mickey's PhilharMagic is today. Copied from the Paris one, it will have the same offerings. Also, Timon and Rafiki will meet in front of it.
  • Louie's (replacing Skipper Canteen) - Based on the bar run by the jazzy orangutan from TaleSpin. Guests will enjoy Louie performing jazz songs as well as a few tunes from the show.

Neverland (NEW!)

Based on the animated film, Peter Pan, and similar to the one in Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea, like the Tangled and Frozen areas as listed above. It will be located in the west of Adventureland.

Attractions

• Peter Pan ride similar to Soarin' and Avatar Flight of Passage
  • Jolly Roger
  • Pixie Hollow (meet and greet)

Shops

• Tinker Bell's Toy Shop

Restaurants

• Lost Boys' Hideout

Frontierland

Attractions

• Big Thunder Mountain
  • New Adventures with Princess Tiana (replacing Splash Mountain)
  • Liberty Belle Riverboat
  • Disney's Howdy Hoedown - A musical revue which combines Country Bears and Woody's Roundup. Hosted by Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

Shops

• Sheriff Woody's Outpost (replacing the Frontier Trading Post)
  • Prairie Outpost and Supply

Restaurants

• The Diamond Horseshoe
  • Golden Oak Outpost
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
  • Westward Ho
  • Tiana's Palace

Camp Woodchuck (NEW!)

Based on both 1987 and 2017 versions of the beloved Disney animated TV hit, DuckTales. It will be located in the back of Frontierland and next to the Tangled area.

Attractions

• Camp Woodchuck Nature Trail - Similar to Camp Discovery from Shanghai Disneyland's Adventure Isle.
  • Barnstormer featuring Launchpad McQuack - retheming of the Barnstormer

Shops

• McDuck's Country Club

Restaurants

• Camp Woodchuck Kitchen (same as Tokyo Disneyland)

Entertainment

• unnamed daytime parade
  • Paint the Night Parade: Dreamlights (nighttime parade) - similar to the original and Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights with units based on Darkwing Duck, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Monsters Inc., Cars, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Tangled, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, The Lion King, Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch, TaleSpin, DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Mickey & Friends.
  • Nightfall Glow (alternate nighttime parade) - Similar to the one at Tokyo Disneyland when Paint the Night is unable to run due to the bad weather.
  • Happily Ever After (fireworks show)
  • Annual Halloween and Christmas parades vary every year like in Tokyo.
So that's all I can say. What do you think of this idea? Any suggestions? Please let me know.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

For one thing, you've taken out Peter Pan's Flight and moved It's a Small World and replaced them with... nothing. We don't need Woody's Roundup to replace Country Bears, we've already got enough Toy Story rides. And TaleSpin has been off the air for years, so I really see no point in retheming the Treehouse to it.

TheMrRamonlle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

For one thing, you've taken out Peter Pan's Flight and moved It's a Small World and replaced them with... nothing. We don't need Woody's Roundup to replace Country Bears, we've already got enough Toy Story rides. And TaleSpin has been off the air for years, so I really see no point in retheming the Treehouse to it.
But fans and young generations can watch TaleSpin on Disney+. Besides, Baloo and King Louie appeared in their TaleSpin outfits even after the end of the show's run in California and Paris recently. What would the Disney Afternoon be complete without it? As you may know, Baloo and Louie from TaleSpin never left Mickey's Starland Show during the run of the Disney Afternoon and even after it was dropped from the lineup schedule in 1994.

Actually, I thought of expanding the (new) Mickey Mouse Revue theater by replacing BOTH Mickey's PhilharMagic and Peter Pan's Flight with it. And part of the Tangled area could replace the original Small World location. That's why I decided to move that ride next to the area where Storybook Circus still stands.

So yeah, with all this, guests can meet a lot more characters more easily and quickly as well as experience more Disney magic!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Since you may know that the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World hasn't gone through changes recently (apart from the TRON Lightcycle / Run ride construction update), I think it may need a drastic overhaul (by having updated attractions with some replacing the classic ones) to be on par with Tokyo Disneyland. In other words, many of the classic attractions have been outdated (even Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios).

It may be possible for the park to expand a lot more. Well, although I can't do the layout of it, here's the revised list of everything (attractions, shops, and food services) with the ones I thought based on Lilo and Stitch, Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan (three of them inspired from Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasy Springs), and various Disney Afternoon shows and could happen after Disney World's 50th anniversary. And kindly notice that I took out the Liberty Square so I could move the Hall of Presidents to the American Adventure at Epcot which I think makes more sense.

List of areas

Bold = New attraction/shop/restaurant
Bold and Colored (based on themed land) = updated version of the attraction/shop/food restaurant

Main Street U.S.A.

Attractions

• City Hall
  • Firehouse
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Town Square Theater (with Darkwing Duck replacing Tinker Bell)
  • Dapper Dans
  • Main Street Trolley Show
  • Bicycle Piano

Shops

• The Chapeau
  • Minnie's Sweethearts Confectionery (retheming of Confectionery)
  • Crystal Arts
  • Disney Clothiers
  • Disney & Co.
  • Emporium
  • Main Street Athletic Club
  • Main Street Cinema
  • Main Street Gallery
  • Uptown Jewelers

Restaurants

• Casey's Corner
  • Crystal Palace
  • Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks Coffee
  • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
  • Plaza Inn Restaurant
  • Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Fantasyland

Notice that I omitted the Storybook Circus area so I don't know which attractions to put. Any suggestions? Anyhow, I added a sub-area based on Tangled similar to the one from Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea. As well, I took out Peter Pan's Flight and decided to put Neverland located in the west of Adventureland, also similar to the Tokyo DisneySea one.

Attractions

• Cinderella Castle
  • The Mickey Mouse Revue (revival) (in place of Mickey's PhilharMagic and Peter Pan's Flight, updated with recent characters and those from Pixar films and The Disney Afternoon)
  • Prince Charming's Regal Carousel
  • Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast (from Tokyo Disneyland replacing Enchanted Tales with Belle and the Be Our Guest Restaurant)
  • It's a Small World - Although I did enjoy that version, I now feel a little miffed that the facade was shoved down into the interior still standing in the first place. To make it coincide with all the Disney Magic Kingdom parks (except Shanghai), it could move next to the area where Storybook Circus stands and feature a Small World Plaza. Also, like Hong Kong, California, and Tokyo, this will have a character adaptation - actually with ALL the characters from said versions in addition to Tiana, Naveen, and Louis from The Princess and the Frog, King Louie, two monkeys, and Bagheera from The Jungle Book, and Darkwing Duck and his sidekick Launchpad McQuack.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Mad Tea Party (like at Tokyo Disneyland, various characters could occasionally ride on the teacups)
  • The White Rabbit's House - like the one from the rejected expansion concept for Tokyo Disneyland. This will replace the Storybook Circus as it will become Wonderland.
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Like they say, many attractions seem to be already outdated. So why not we have the Pooh ride get inspiration from Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh's Hunny Hunt by having advanced technology and updated looks for the characters and the vehicles.
  • King Triton's Concert (from Tokyo DisneySea's Mermaid Lagoon Theater replacing Ariel's Undersea Adventure because that's more than enough omni-movers)
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Walt Disney World Railroad (Fantasyland)

Shops

• Bonjour! Village Gifts
  • Mickey's Harmony Faire (in place of Fantasy Faire)
  • Willie the Giant's (retheming of Sir Mickey's)
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine
  • Hundred Acre Goods

Restaurants

• Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall (replacing Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café)
  • Royal Princess Table (updated version of Cinderella's Royal Table with offerings and elements from Princess FairyTale Hall and Be Our Guest Restaurant)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant
  • Gaston's Tavern
  • Prince Eric's Village Market
  • Storybook Treats
  • Mad Hatter's

Kingdom of Corona (NEW!)

This area, based on the 2010 film, is similar to the one from Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea. Part of it replaces the original It's a Small World location.

Attractions

• Tangled gondola ride from TDS's Fantasy Springs

Restaurants

• Snuggly Duckling

Arendelle (NEW!)

For the first time in forever, the Frozen land, entitled "Arendelle", will be added to an American Disney park, just by being located in the back of Fantasyland like Hong Kong Disneyland. This one is inspired from the Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris ones and next to the Tangled area. I relocated Frozen Ever After from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom to coincide with the other attractions as well as for its characters to join the others in the park. Besides, I thought of relocating the For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Celebration to Epcot.

Attractions

• Frozen Ever After (originally from Epcot) - unlike the original, this updated version will feature animatronics of Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff with actual animatronic faces like Belle in TDL's Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast. But this will also revolve around the story of Frozen II where Anna becomes a queen following the abdication of Elsa who is now a Spirit in the Enchanted Forest. Located in the Frozen section.
  • Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs

Shops

• Wandering Oaken's Trading Post

Restaurants

• Elsa's Spirit Snacks

Tomorrowland

Attractions

• Space Mountain
  • TRON Lightcycle Power Run (of course, it'll open on 2022 as part of the resort's 50th anniversary)
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Stitch's Alien Encounter (meet and greet area) - Sadly, the signage was already torn down. And fans I believe were really upset when this occurred. But I know Stitch still meets personally somewhere in Tomorrowland. But seriously, he needs more attention. So it's best to get this M&G facility back.
  • Tomorrowland PeopleMover
  • The Happy Ride with Baymax (from Tokyo Disneyland) - It will take the place of the Carrousel of Progress because it's already out of date and we wanna focus on a new generation of Disney.
  • Rescue Rangers RC Boats - This could replace the Tomorrowland Speedway likely to avoid pollution. This is inspired from Tokyo DisneySea's Aquatopia but the vehicles are modeled after the Ranger Plane. Hosted by the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers cast. This is the second ride based on the show after Gadget's Go-Coaster at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown areas.

Shops

• Buzz Lightyear Shop
  • Merchant of Venus
  • Star Traders
  • Space Mountain Shop

Restaurants

• Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies
  • The Red One (replacing Cool Ship)
  • Pizza Planet Arcade
  • The Lunching Pad
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

Adventureland

Attractions

• Jungle Cruise
  • Moana-themed Tiki Room
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure (from Shanghai Disneyland)
  • Hire for Hire (replacing Swiss Family Treehouse) - a meet-and-greet facility where guests can meet Baloo, Kit, and Rebecca from TaleSpin.
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Shops

• Agrabah Bazaar
  • Zanzibar Trading Company
  • Bwana Bob's
  • Island Supply
  • Pirate's Bazaar

Restaurants

• Aloha Isle Refreshments (themed to Moana and Lilo and Stitch)
  • Sunshine Tree Terrace
  • Hakuna Matata Restaurant (replacing Tortuga Tavern) - What would a Disney park be without a sign of The Lion King? It would be the first one since Legend of the Lion King that was in the same venue where Mickey's PhilharMagic is today. Copied from the Paris one, it will have the same offerings. Also, Timon and Rafiki will meet in front of it.
  • Louie's (replacing Skipper Canteen) - Based on the bar run by the jazzy orangutan from TaleSpin. Guests will enjoy Louie performing jazz songs as well as a few tunes from the show.

Neverland (NEW!)

Based on the animated film, Peter Pan, and similar to the one in Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea, like the Tangled and Frozen areas as listed above. It will be located in the west of Adventureland.

Attractions

• Peter Pan ride similar to Soarin' and Avatar Flight of Passage
  • Jolly Roger
  • Pixie Hollow (meet and greet)

Shops

• Tinker Bell's Toy Shop

Restaurants

• Lost Boys' Hideout

Frontierland

Attractions

• Big Thunder Mountain
  • New Adventures with Princess Tiana (replacing Splash Mountain)
  • Liberty Belle Riverboat
  • Disney's Howdy Hoedown - A musical revue which combines Country Bears and Woody's Roundup. Hosted by Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

Shops

• Sheriff Woody's Outpost (replacing the Frontier Trading Post)
  • Prairie Outpost and Supply

Restaurants

• The Diamond Horseshoe
  • Golden Oak Outpost
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
  • Westward Ho
  • Tiana's Palace

Camp Woodchuck (NEW!)

Based on both 1987 and 2017 versions of the beloved Disney animated TV hit, DuckTales. It will be located in the back of Frontierland and next to the Tangled area.

Attractions

• Camp Woodchuck Nature Trail - Similar to Camp Discovery from Shanghai Disneyland's Adventure Isle.
  • Barnstormer featuring Launchpad McQuack - retheming of the Barnstormer

Shops

• McDuck's Country Club

Restaurants

• Camp Woodchuck Kitchen (same as Tokyo Disneyland)

Entertainment

• unnamed daytime parade
  • Paint the Night Parade: Dreamlights (nighttime parade)
  • Nightfall Glow (alternate nighttime parade) - Similar to the one at Tokyo Disneyland when Paint the Night is unable to run due to the bad weather.
  • Happily Ever After (fireworks show)
So that's all I can say. What do you think of this idea? Any suggestions? Please let me know.
Welcome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom