If Walt Disney World Was Yours To Control...

vfxpro

Original Poster
If you were head of the parks and given complete control of WDW, what would you do?

I'm not going to be practical or budget concious. So don't freak out if my project would cost 50 billion dollars..

TRANSPORTATION

Get rid of the buses and only use them for high capacity times and emergencies. Replace bus routes with a more effective Monorail and WedWay system. Like Uncle Walt said, I would have Monorails for the long distances and Wedway for the short. At each monorail station would be a hub for the wedway stations. Imagine getting off at the EPCOT Monorail station and hopping onto a wedway, then the guest picks a destination on a control panel which takes them to their selected EPCOT area resort. Along the journey they can enjoy the view or watch related video on the plasma screen in the cab. If guests are riding the monorail or wedway cars during a fireworks display, they can catch a live broadcast of RoE, Wishes or Fanstamic. Or they can push a button and talk to a cast member via the plasma screen and make reservations, get park hours, etc. I would also make more use of the boat systems. Both the wedways and monorails would travel through lush environments and showcase attractions while the guests travel to their destination. I would have a boat dock at DAK that would take guests to and from The DAK Lodge.

MAGIC KINGDOM

As far as attractions go, I would remove all of the character attractions from Tomorrowland and move them to the studios. I would create attractions more in line with the future and revamp the whole look of the land. I think it would look better even if we went back to what it looked like in 1986.

Revamp Space Mountain..

MGM STUDIOS

I would continue what WDI started and make MGM Disney's 'Thrill Park'. I would put the Little Mermaid attractions from tokyo, Monsters Inc Attraction, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (With Hand Held Guns), Cars attraction and an Aladdin Attraction all in the Animation section.

Seeing how ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney I would add more soundstages to the backlot tour and shoot ABC / ESPN content there. Plus add the lava monster or something else exciting to the tour in addition to Catastrophe Canyon.

Star Tours 2.0 would be installed.

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular would be replaced with an Indy Ride that would combine all of the effects and features of the other Disney Indy Attractions.

Bring back Alien Encounter and install it here but put it in the themed building that John Hench designed and make the attraction less cheesy.

Add Journey to the Center of the Earth as well as a few other Dark rides, coaster attractions and E tickets.

Using PeopleMover cars themed like old street cars, add in park transportation.

Change the great movie ride to a thrill ride that puts guests in front of Disney's greatest villians.

EPCOT

Refurbish Spaceship Earth, change the ending to be more futuristic and bring back Earth Station. Put 'Time Racers' somewhere else in Future World. Add more nature and trees but in a modern fashion.

Have World of Motion 2.0 created in a pavillion next to Test Track. Have WoM spill into a massive Trans Center and permanent 'Auto Show in Motion' with access to Test Track. So the GM pavillion would gobble up a large crowd and alleviate some of the traffic.

Bring back the WorldKey information system. Add in park transportation.

Build a huge pavillion that houses a new omnimover attraction (like a new Horizons) spills into something like the communicore and from there guests can ride three simulators; Mission: Space, Undersea, Desert...

Animal Kingdom

Open up Beastly Kingdom and add several more E-ticket attractions.
Add in park transportation.

I have tons of ideas but not enough time to write them now. This is a start... What would you do?

kcnole

I've made this post before, but I'll do it again but I'll try my best to hold myself to what I could really accomplish.

All the parks (except for maybe DAK) need some major cleaning, painting, and more staff to help keep the property clean and prestine during the days. I'd also hire some more staff to put some more characters back on the street like there used to be years ago.

Magic Kingdom:

Tomorrowland- The entire area needs new paint and a slight facelift, refurbish space mountain, and ask for some new blue sky ideas to replace the speedway and timekeeper.

Fantasyland- I'd do my best to get the subs back even if it was the new ride that DL is getting.

Liberty Square- Refurbish Haunted Mansion

Frontierland- Get the effects working for good in Thunder Mountain

Adventureland- Refurbish the Jungle Cruise

Epcot:

Futureworld needs a major overhaul. Build a beautiful pavilion similar to what Horizons was where UoE or WoL were and get some blue sky for some wonderful old school epcot rides here with new technology. Redo Journey into imagination, update all the "futuristic" displays in the innoventions buildings which now seem like they came out of 1992, remove the wand.

Add at least one more ride to The World Showcase

MGM:

Remove the hat, get rid of the horrible Drew Carey show and put in some sort of exciting ride in that area, possibly the Indy ride. Also put in a Narnia ride and somehow bring back the full backlot studio tour.

Animal Kingdom:

Retheme the dinoland and redo the dinosaur ride to something that is actually fun. Put a real area over in the Camp Mickey area.

Namine78

Magic Kingdom-Add a waltzing couple of Edward and Elizabeth in "Haunted Mansion"...which is more sensible than having Jennifer Tilly replace Leota Toombs as Madame Leota.

EPCOT-Add the human characters from "Kingdom Hearts" to the Japan Pavillion: Sora, Kairi, Riku, Roxas, Kairi, Pence, Hayner, Oselle.

Disney Studios-Add that "Kingdom Hearts" stunt show and greenlight the Star Tours redo.

CoffeeJedi

Namine78 said:
Magic Kingdom-Add a waltzing couple of Edward and Elizabeth in "Haunted Mansion"...which is more sensible than having Jennifer Tilly replace Leota Toombs as Madame Leota.
NO
no elements from the movie should ever come within 100 miles of the Haunted Mansion (unless of course they make a new movie that's actually, you know, good)
EPCOT-Add the human characters from "Kingdom Hearts" to the Japan Pavillion: Sora, Kairi, Riku, Roxas, Kairi, Pence, Hayner, Oselle.
contrary to the popular belief of most foaming-at-the-mouth Inuyasha loving otaku, Japan is actually a real country with a real culture. don't taint the pavilion by anime-ing up the place. an occasional appearance by the main dude (Sora?) would be ok i guess

vfxpro, your ideas on the other hand, rock heavily sir

cameraguy

I was with you vfxpro up until you got the part about getting rid of the Great Movie Ride. That is what Disney-MGM Studios is all about...great movies, not cheap thrills.

Magic Kingdom
Get rid of Stitch Attacks and bring back Alien Encounters.

Bring back the skyway

Epcot
Add more motion simulated ride, and a Robocoaster Attraction

Have a dolphin studnt show.

Get rid of O Canada and replace it with a river boat ride.

Add an Ireland Pavillion to WS and have a 360 attraction featuring everything Ireland has to offer. Also have daily Irish dance performances, and traditional Irish food.

Egypt Pavillion

Disney-MGM Studios
Replace the Indy stunt show with Indian Joanes Adveture. Mixing all the best elements of the other 3 attracks and a behind the scenes documentary in the line, and props used in the film. And and Indiana Jones meet and greet outside of the ride.

Update Star Tours film.

Replace "Sounds Dangerous" witha "Kingdom Hearts" show.

Move the beauty and the beast show to the old Hunchback theater and build a Harry Potter themed Dunbuggy ride there. Basically a more technogically advanced version of the Haunted Mansion, going through Hogwarts. Or Put this attraction where the Indy stunt show is, and Put IJA here.

Add more thrills to the Backlot Tour, like an Armigeddon FX soundstage.

Get rid of the stupid hat! So it goes back to being more like old time hollywood then big a marketing ploy. Man I hate that stupid hat :mad: !

Animal Kingdom
Add Beastly Kngdom and an Australian area.

vfxpro

Original Poster
CoffeeJedi said:
vfxpro, your ideas on the other hand, rock heavily sir

Thanks! That's just off the top of my head. Give me a few minutes and I'd have pages.. :hammer:

The only addition I forgot to add, and one of the most important (for me anyway) is to take down the awful arm above Spaceship Earth and return Cinderella Castle back to it's original state.

jaredliu

Magic Kingdom:

1. Space Mountain 2.0
2. Star Tours 2.0
3. Indy 2.0
4. NO MORE mountain range (lack of creactivity)
5. New tower of terror in Liberty Square
6. Raise the price

MGM Studio

Close it permanently.

Epcot

future world
1. Spaceship Earth 2.0
2. Astronomy Pavillion (Robo technology to free roaming in the universe)
3. IMAX 4D directed by James Cameron to replace HISTA
4. Add the third & fourth theaters for soarin
5. Horizon 2.0 to replace Wonders of Life pavillion
6. More tours for Living Sea
7. NO MORE THRILL RIDE!!!!

world showcases

1. any country added is welcome
2. upgrade Illuminations: ROE to bring back countries interactions and more
3. Add the "peace on earth" tag portion to daily basis.

Animal Kingdom

1. COMPELETLY DESTORY DINO RAMA
2. adding full service and highly themed restaurant
3. Night Time Safari and make it superb
4. Night time animal section
5. Amazon Section showcases Rainforest, Anaconda and Tropical Eco system
6. Advertise more on Flight of Wonder
7. Work on Rainforest Cafe for their notorious service and waiting time.
8. Night time show.

cameraguy

jaredliu, assuming that you are serious about what you said. You are a idiot. Some of your ideas were good, but mostly they were moronic.

First off why would you close Disney's most popular park.

Secondly, You do want people to come to the Magic Kingdom right? Then why would you raise the price?

jaredliu

CoffeeJedi said:
why the studios hate?
Cause it is just kind of not my thing especially when there is Universal Studios Orlando nearby. Not many good attractions excpet for Tower of Terror. Most improtantly, NOT THAT AS UNIQUE as other three.

jaredliu

cameraguy said:
jaredliu, assuming that you are serious about what you said. You are a idiot. Some of your ideas were good, but mostly they were moronic.

First off why would you close Disney's most popular park.

Secondly, You do want people to come to the Magic Kingdom right? Then why would you raise the price?
With all due respect, stating MGM stduio is the most popular Disney park is more idiotic. so assuming you are a moron, I won't waste my life aruging with you.

cameraguy

My remarks above may have been a little harsh. But, MGM is Disney's second most popular park, next to the Magic Kingdom. Also, why no more thrill rides in Epcot. I'm all for it, because i think Walt's original plan was for Epcot to be educational, and we should stick to that dream. Whats ur take on that?

Ringo8n24

jaredliu said:
Cause it is just kind of not my thing especially when there is Universal Studios Orlando nearby. Not many good attractions excpet for Tower of Terror. Most improtantly, NOT THAT AS UNIQUE as other three.

I do not think that because Universal Studios is nearby is a reason to close MGM. I go to Orlando for WDW and have no interest in using one of my days to head over to Universal to get a taste of the movies. However, it is ok if MGM is not your thing because Universal is not mine.

TimonRulz

I'd make something that had to do with Kingdom Hearts! Pins, rides, character meet and greet... I really don't care... just something! Love the game. All of them. Woo!

Pete C

cameraguy said:
My remarks above may have been a little harsh. But, MGM is Disney's second most popular park, next to the Magic Kingdom. Also, why no more thrill rides in Epcot. I'm all for it, because i think Walt's original plan was for Epcot to be educational, and we should stick to that dream. Whats ur take on that?

I'll tell you my take, even though you didn't ask...education doesn't make the turnstiles spin. Also, his original plan was that Epcot be an actual city where people live. There are myriad threads on this so I won't reiterate what has been said many times. Anyway, Rides like Mission Space, Test Track, and Soarin are necessary for the park to survive. Today's kids and teens are not going to go to a park just to learn. Epcot had to evolve. It did, and the ticket sales show they were right.

CoffeeJedi

Destroy the MGM hat for starters. But in a larger sense, return the studios to that "Golden Age of Hollywood that Never Was" theme that it had originally. I remember when it first opened, almost the entire park had a pre-WWII theme, with Indianna Jones, Rocketeer, and Roger Rabbit references scattered throughout. It would be nice to get back to that.

If it were possible, I'd move RnRC to a different section (actually, with a bit of re-manuevering of walls and paths, it could be done) apart from the 1940's ambience of Sunset Buelevard. Probably back by the LMA show area, make that the "modern" land.

Indianna Jones fits the 30s/40s theme, so he can stay where he is, and he makes a nice transition to "Lucasfilm Land" where Star Tours is. I'd beef up the theming around that area to a stronger Star Wars look and feel, with a small Yoda themed attraction (show or resturant) which could easily smooth the transition into "Jim Henson's Muppetland", which would be a more strongly themed area around Muppetvision.

I think a kingdom hearts show would be dumb. How would they do that. And Jaredliu why would they put a tower of terror in liberty square. Get rid of the hat at MGM!!!!!!!!!

Pete C

Kingdom Hearts...the only enduring characters in the game are the Disney ones. The other characters are garden-variety anime fare, which I don't think belong in Disney world. Square wanted Disney characters to be in their game, not the other way around.

As for the hat...I don't see the big deal. It's MGM, which should be over the top...just like Hollywood. It's a theme park not an episode of Curb Appeal.

cameraguy

The only reason we want the hat to go is because it takes away from "hollywood that never was" theme. It used to look like you were really in old time hollywood, now it looks like their trying to hard to make sure you know your at Disney World, like we forgot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom