If Walt Disney re-incarnated...

BryceM

Original Poster
... For a one day and you could take him to one ride at each of the four Walt Disney World parks, which rides would you choose and why?

Magenta Panther

I would take Walt to the Haunted Mansion, to show him what a great job the Imagineers did in refurbishing it...but then I'd have to expose him to the cluttered graveyard and cut-up queue and to the blurry ghost cartoon that replaced the Hitchhiking Ghosts in the mirrors...so scratch that.

I'd def take him to the Tower of Terror...perfection.

I'd take him to Philharmagic. It's a wonderful magical show, and highlights some of the best of Disney, during and after his lifetime. (Yeah, it's an attraction, not a ride, but still...)

Then I'd take him to Star Tours to show him how crystal-clear and amazing Philharmagic's 3D could look if TDO wasn't so schmucky.

Maybe I'd take him to see One Man's Dream, but then he'd probably wonder why a film about his life in a park he built is so grainy and why the sound is so garbled...*sigh*

Then I'd take him to Peter Pan's Flight, after which he'd probably want to know, given the advanced tech and effects at Star Tours and Tower, why that ride hasn't been plussed yet...

Then I'd take him to Everest and tell him about the broken Yeti. And then I'd follow him when he stormed into TDO headquarters and started kicking some !~That'd be AWESOME.

GenerationX

It would have to be rides where he was strapped in and couldn't reach me. I mean, sure, it would be a kick to tour with reanimated Walt, but he'd still be a zombie.

jlsHouston

Well I think I'd ride soaring with him...my favorite ride.. or maybe small world or PoC..the original favorites of mine..I might let him decide which ride he wanted to experience...

rsoxguy

It would have to be rides where he was strapped in and couldn't reach me. I mean, sure, it would be a kick to tour with reanimated Walt, but he'd still be a zombie.

Good point. Perhaps a couple of turkey legs inside of one's shirt sleeve would fool him with every bite.

HamFam

Good idea for a post!

Magic Kingdom - Pirates! I'd love for him to get to see all the new enhancements and hear his opinion, the good and the bad. I'm sure he'd have great stories about the concept, design, and construction too.

Epcot - If we're talking attractions, I'm getting him his drink of choice in World Showcase and taking in Illuminations. If it's strictly rides, I'd go for Spaceship Earth and discuss his true plans for Epcot Center.

DHS - Tower of Terror. Got to throw some thrills in there somewhere. I'd think he'd have a huge appreciation for the preshow and story too!

AK - Kilimanjaro Safaris. He was an animal guy, right? He'd get a kick out of that. Of course I'd complain a bit about the Yeti. I'd do my best without sounding whiny. I think finding that the thing hasn't really been working for years would definitely fire him up.

Sneezy62

I would take him on the people mover and let him see the dusty remains of Progress City and remind him that he had bought the land for next to nothing from proud if poor people to build this model city. Then I would take him out front to see the blank paving brick in the walk around the world that his brother sold to my parents with the implied promise that my grandparents name would be forever engraved upon it.( It was worn out and replaced years ago.) Then I would just get the heck out of his way cuz I doubt he would be very pleasant to be around. I do think he would love flights of wonder, though, so I might take him there after he had vented a bit over at TDO.

ETA Walt Disney was never a kindly elderly sort of fellow. In the months before his death he was a vibrant man in the prime of his his life who enjoyed talking with the "hillbillies" of central Florida and telling them of the plans he had for land they considered useless. My grandpa cried when he first rode COP 11 years after he met the man.OK maybe that's Campari induced TMI, but it's the truth.

BigRedDad

I would take him to the "Board of Directors" ride where he could rip them a new one. The execs of the company have taken almost everything away from his dream. They are no longer open for everyone and the needs to always increase shareholder value is more important than the guests.

real mad hatter

Well I'd start at AK and we would do KS,then off to HS for TSMM,then lunch at Epcot followed by Soarin,then last but not least MK for COP. I would have taken him to Haunted Mansion but I would be horrified incase anyone nipped his butt.:eek:

WED99

MK - Winnie The Pooh (The next generation of his beloved dark rides)
Epcot - Mission Space (Imagine how much he would freak out!)
DHS - One Man's Dream (Just to make sure he knows the legacy he left behind)
AK - Everest (What the Matterhorn inspired)

taz0162

MK - Pirates of the Carribean & Haunted Mansion (Classic Perfection)
HS - Tower of Terror (Theming bliss)
Epcot - World Showcase (I know it's not a ride but feel Walt would enjoy it)
AK - Kilimanjaro Safaris (Walt Loved nature and would enjoy the way this is set up and presented)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom