cococola44

he would slap some imangineers silly

the thought of getting rid of the COP?

HECK NO

Now is the time!! Now is the best time!

CLASSIC never ever ever...

:cry:

pacochran

If you want to read an interesting fitction book that deals with this topic it's calleed "Waking Walt" by Larry Pontius. It was really a good book and put forth what Walt thought of some of the changes.

Lare & Eldeny

My wife and I have discussed this frequently.

While nobody could ever really answer the question, we "theorized" that there would be two attractions that Walt would surely love.

Soarin' - since it is really kind of a heir to the Circlevision films. The immersive movie experience would probably fit in with Walt's intent to transport guests to another place.

Splash Mountain - An E-ticket that the whole family can love and enjoy together.

Let the conversation begin......

the-reason14

Agreed.

I wonder if Walt would be a High School Musical fan? :shrug:

I think maybe yeah. He seemed to like the teenage type stuff back when he was alive. Like the MMC and such. But unlike the MMC, the 50s version and the 90s version, HSM is missing one big thing, real talent among the "stars."

I think maybe yeah. He seemed to like the teenage type stuff back when he was alive. Like the MMC and such. But unlike the MMC, the 50s version and the 90s version, HSM is missing one big thing, real talent among the "stars."
I take it you're not a big fan of the HSM gang's singing and acting skills. :veryconfu

PrincessMiko

I don't think he'd like American Idol.

LOL - how did I know that someone would drag American Idol into this when I saw the name of the thread?? :lookaroun

Like most, I don't know a whole bunch about Walt, but I think he was definately a business man and would be satisfied with the success of his "products." Like someone else said (sorry! I forgot who...), Disney is a household name. You would be very hard-pressed to find an American citizen who has never heard of the Disney brand.

We'll find out when they defrost him.

Just kidding...:rolleyes:

Fun2BFree

he would slap some imangineers silly

the thought of getting rid of the COP?

HECK NO

Now is the time!! Now is the best time!

CLASSIC never ever ever...

:cry:

I dunno, I think Walt might get rid of old neglected Carousel of Progress, but he would replace it with something better. I mean, I don't really see any way that CoP could be fixed up whilst making it entertaining to the whole family. :shrug:

Add a loop maybe. :lookaroun

I dunno, I think Walt might get rid of old neglected Carousel of Progress, but he would replace it with something better. I mean, I don't really see any way that CoP could be fixed up whilst making it entertaining to the whole family. :shrug:

Add a loop maybe. :lookaroun
The Carousel of Progress... hmm. Maybe he would replace it, after all, he is all for progression.

figmentmom

I think Walt Disney would have been amazed and delighted by the success of the parks, and their popularity - he was a dreamer, but a businessman as well.

Figment571

Roy was the business man. Walt just tried to get the best work he could out of his employees.

He would find Pirates interesting, but he would probably hate how the Florida version got the short end of the stick. I'm not sure he would like all the exact same rides everywhere. He would like Phantom Manor, for instance.

Still EPCOT was never built, that would irk him big time. That is what he would want to see first. Then it would get awkward...

raven

Roy was the business man. Walt just tried to get the best work he could out of his employees.

Partly true. Walt and Roy were both business men but Walt was a Dreamer. Walt had the dreams and ideas and he relied on Roy to find a way to fund it. Roy kind of stood back and let Walt take over their company. That's right I said "their" company. It was originally called the Disney Brothers Studios after they changed it from Laugh-O-Grams.

Walt was never satisfied. So to think if he would like everything now I would truely have to say no, even though most people love it. That's just the way he was. He was always looking for the very best way to animate and create things. He had to be the first one with new technology. He pushed his employees to limits they never thought of. Very often he would explode in a rage and tear up drawings and animation. Many said he was very self-centered and didn't properly thank people or even put artists in the credits of a film they worked on. But he was teaching them. His name is the company. The mention of the name "Disney" carried a lot of stout and purity. Walt actually grew to hate this. He wanted to produce other films that carried a more mature content but he couldn't. The public harold the Disney name as wholesome family entertainment. So he had to uphold his name as people expected only the very best...and he gave them it.

So I think if Walt were still around things would be very different. He liked change. He didn't want things to get stale in the parks. He dreamed of EPCOT being an actual city but government laws got in the way and his plans were shot down. He didn't want Disney World to be a repeat of Disneyland. He didn't want all of his parks to be similar to each other. Only after his death did the Imagineers decide to pay homage to him by building the other parks and giving the "go ahead" with EPCOT, even though it was very different from originally planned. Things would indeed change if he were still here.

TheDisneyGirl02

I think Walt would want the CMs paid better. Also, I think he would play a more active role in all of the theme parks and probably would have never built some of the overseas parks. It's hard to say though...

ajsayas

Someone stole my thunder but I agree with most of you...

First off I truly believe Walt would be proud of how his name is considered a wholesome respected name by all. Next I truly believe he would want to find Michael Eisner and put his foot in his behind for the trouble he caused while he was incharge and especially what he did to Roy. As far as his parks he would proud especially of MK. I think he would update COP not tare it down, from all the things I have read and seen about Walt I looked at him being more of a history buff, and that he would share evolution in our society. He would want we as fans to remember our past to know where we going for our future.

As far as EPCOT I think he truly concentrate his efforts in revitalizing future world and try to push the envelope even more to create a city of tommorrow.

And lastly I agree I believe he would truly to find a way to lower prices at his parks so that everyone from all walks of life can truly enjoy the Disney experience if only would be once in their life time.

A question asked many times...and of course no one knows the answer. It would be a mix of emotions...probably happy to see what Disney has done to the world. At the same time though upset that his true dreams were never actually realized.
I agree he would be happy in ways but also upset, for example his idea for Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom