if there is a virtual que for tiana

MerlinTheGoat

Tiana will almost certainly have a virtual queue, I suspect that's just going to be the new normal with almost anything new and in great demand. But I don't think there's enough precedent with the VQ system at all to say either way whether Tron's will be kept or removed. It's still a fairly "new" system, and it sort of varies based on the attraction. Disney may keep an eye on demand and make the decision on what to do with Tron's after Tiana opens. Ratatouille only had a VQ for a couple of months before it was removed, whereas both Guardians and Tron have retained theirs for much much longer with no evidence of an end in sight for either.

Fido Chuckwagon

Tiana will almost certainly have a virtual queue, I suspect that's just going to be the new normal with almost anything new and in great demand. But I don't think there's enough precedent with the VQ system at all to say either way whether Tron's will be kept or removed. It's still a fairly "new" system, and it sort of varies based on the attraction. Disney may keep an eye on demand and make the decision on what to do with Tron's after Tiana opens. Ratatouille only had a VQ for a couple of months before it was removed, whereas both Guardians and Tron have retained theirs for much much longer with no evidence of an end in sight for either.
Guardians is an extremely popular 42 inch height requirement coaster. Tron is a meh roller coaster with a 48 inch requirement. I predict Tron will be dropped first.

MerlinTheGoat

Guardians is an extremely popular 42 inch height requirement coaster. Tron is a meh roller coaster with a 48 inch requirement. I predict Tron will be dropped first.
I dislike both rides, so I don't have a horse in this race. But the fact is that both of them are very popular, and that's why they both still have VQ. I would abolish VQ entirely if I had my way (and Genie for that matter), but I don't make the decisions.

Disney has been surveying for a few months now about the VQ at Tron so it's likely on the cards that it will be removed sooner rather than later. I wouldn't like to bet that Tiana will have a VQ; whilst it is a "new" ride, it is just a reskin of Splash Mountain so demand may not be quite as high as for other recent attractions which have opened with them.

JIMINYCR

Demand for this will be great and Disney will set up a VQ. Because of the controversy over what SM represented and settling the loud demand for it to be replaced, its going to be highly pushed and guests will flock to MK to either see the difference or to prove their acceptance of the change that proves Disney finally listened and cares. I expect a lot of over the top PR to be hyping the replacement.

Demand for this will be great and Disney will set up a VQ. Because of the controversy over what SM represented and settling the loud demand for it to be replaced, its going to be highly pushed and guests will flock to MK to either see the difference or to prove their acceptance of the change that proves Disney finally listened and cares. I expect a lot of over the top PR to be hyping the replacement.
I do think it's more likely than not that it will open with a VQ but I'm a little skeptical on how much demand there really will be for it in the long run compared to Guardians for example. It has two major things going against it; it's a reskin of an existing attraction and it's a water ride. Splash never had huge wait times Nov-Feb/March due to weather and I can't imagine Tiana will be much different - people don't want to get soaked when it's only 60-65 out. It'll probably have a VQ in the summer but I could see it being dropped over the winter due to lack of demand. But then would they reintroduce it again the following summer? I doubt it.

For example (just to continue my point); tomorrow it's only going to be above 65 between 2pm and 7pm. People getting called back for a VQ at 10am would be riding at a (relatively chilly for Orlando) 62 degrees. Likewise, people called back in the evening would be riding potentially at 58 degrees. I can't see there being enough diehards/interest in the "controversy" to convince many to ride/get wet at those temps.

They can control to an extent the level of spray and how much soaking riders get and do so based on temperatures.
That is true, but it can't be denied that weather/seasonality was a factor for Splash Mountain in the winter and it will more than likely be for Tiana as well. It'll be interesting to see what they do for Tiana and ILL. It'll undoubtedly be one of the most popular rides in July/August and sell well those days. A 50 degree day in January? Less likely (even if the water effects are turned down/off, people will be put off by the drop).

JIMINYCR

I do think it's more likely than not that it will open with a VQ but I'm a little skeptical on how much demand there really will be for it in the long run compared to Guardians for example. It has two major things going against it; it's a reskin of an existing attraction and it's a water ride. Splash never had huge wait times Nov-Feb/March due to weather and I can't imagine Tiana will be much different - people don't want to get soaked when it's only 60-65 out. It'll probably have a VQ in the summer but I could see it being dropped over the winter due to lack of demand. But then would they reintroduce it again the following summer? I doubt it.
Its a reskin to some extent but its new. The entire story, music, (some AA's may be reused but in different scenarios) theming and presentation will differ. Yes the drop will have to stay the same but it will be presented differently. Theres enough to say it wont be the same as SM that guests will wan t to ride it. The VQ will be needed but I never said it was a permanent thing. Despite weather many guests still rode SM regardless of the possibility of getting wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom