If the descent touchscreens were in Project Tomorrow,they wouldn't even draw a crowd!

Jesùs_Carioca

I will always love the old SSE, but I love the new SSE and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Quoted for emphasis times 2, knowing that my girlfriend would agree with it.

We rode on it about three days ago, and we adored it. Even the touch screens. It was a fun add-on to the end.

"scalp 'em"

jedimaster1227

Mission: Space (and Everst, too) had the potential to really deliver in a thoroughly engaging way, but ultimately, they're not up to classic WDI standards in terms of giving the audience an unforgettable show (M:S might be more successful at this than Everest is).

But I still think this generation of Imagineers isn't up to the creative standards of WED circa 1969. I don't think that's being nostalgic, just realistic.

Aside from the negative press for Mission:Space, it was still an attraction instrumental in garnering the support to front the budget to build Soarin' at Epcot, as well as define the park with a multi-preference map that could cater to guests of all tastes. Everest has been wildly successful, aside from what the few disgruntled forum members seem to think. The attraction (as well as Nemo: The Musical) have boosted Animal Kingdom's attendance to a near opening year high. Neither are failures, and neither are viewed upon in any regards (aside from the inevitable proving the M:S was not suitable for cloning to other parks).

As for the standards of WED, again I ask where are your ideas of these standards originating from. Unless you worked there back in 1969, how are you to know what their standards were. Again, standards are a very subjective notion, and to assume that what we see now at our parks isn't up to "standards" would be foolish, as no such standards were ever hammered out. If anything, WDI has stuck with Walt's highest standard for the Florida Project: To adapt along with new technological advancements to create a better place for guests and people of the world. While seeing an interactive survey that took nearly 3 months to develop with the help of a PhD-holding psychiatrist may not seem "up to standards" in some minds, others (the guests that are a little less critical, or the ones that only care for the whole experience, not picking at the pieces) have their standards determined.

For those that feel the attraction is ruined, I again offer one simple solution: Don't ride. Considering the flames that have been ignited over SSE over the last month or so (as well as the countless threads), I think we all need to look at this project for what it really was meant to be: a refurbishment to better suit a wider audience- one that doesnt' mind using a touchscreen to enjoy.

Just my two bits...

Pseybert

Original Poster
I was on yesterday and now that the riders faces are on the characters, I heard SO many people laughing at the descent video. People loved it. I even though it made the video better and more enjoyable. Sorry charlie, like the old days of Horizons when you could choose your tomorrow... Majority rules and its starting to sound like the majority likes it.

If people are satisfied that the reason for visiting the star attraction in the park is to make a funny face at the camera and watch yourself on a cartoon character, then we have truly lost Epcot for good.

R.I.P.

scottnj1966

The line for SSE was the largest I have seen since the parks opening.
The ride was refurbed very well.
I expected something pretty bad from the few people complaining.
I will not be listening to certain people here any longer.
If you hate disney dont come anymore.

Timmay

If people are satisfied that the reason for visiting the star attraction in the park...
Psssssst. SSE hasn't been the "star attraction" in the park for a long time.

then we have truly lost Epcot for good.
R.I.P.
Double psssssst. It was never "yours" to begin with...time to buck up and move on.

It is so sad some of you just can't accept there might actually be people out there that see things different than you.

Pseybert

Original Poster
Psssssst. SSE hasn't been the "star attraction" in the park for a long time.

Double psssssst. It was never "yours" to begin with...time to buck up and move on.

It is so sad some of you just can't accept there might actually be people out there that see things different than you.

And judging by your username, I'm glad to see the Epcot now appeals to the South Park crowd. I bet your going to like, like, make the raddest, silliest face at the camera on Spaceship Earth!

Main Street USA

Why in the world is it that everyone thinks their opinion is more valid than everyone else's? So much so, even, that they start a NEW THREAD just to say the SAME thing several others have said HUNDREDS of times already. Geez. Come on people.

Not only that....I seem to remember the LAST version of SSE having nothing more than some lights over your head for the majority of the decent. There were VERY minor touches here and there...but that's it. ENOUGH of these freaking threads about how horrible it is.

Seriously, relax.......deep breath.....OPEN YOUR EYES AN REALIZE YOU'RE BLESSED TO BE IN WDW AND STOP B!TCHING ABOUT SOMEHTING THIS SMALL.

JML42691

And judging by your username, I'm glad to see the Epcot now appeals to the South Park crowd. I bet your going to like, like, make the raddest, silliest face at the camera on Spaceship Earth!
You seriously need to chill down, why do feel that what you say is superior to what everyone else's is? And if you are going to attack somebody's name, then I guess that justifies someone attacking your's...but wait, last I checked, we all are supposed to act like mature people on these boards, something that you have not.

Pseybert

Original Poster
I love that I'm being a flamed for discussing something within WDW. Which, is of course, the point of these boards.

I care a lot about Spaceship Earth. It's one of those things I can pick out as being amazed by on my first visit to the World.

JML42691

I love that I'm being a flamed for discussing something within WDW. Which, is of course, the point of these boards.

I care a lot about Spaceship Earth. It's one of those things I can pick out as being amazed by on my first visit to the World.
No, you were flamed for claiming how awful the ride was and that the fact that it was so bad warranted not going to Disney World when the ride isn't even finished yet.

Main Street USA

Uh, you're being flamed for starting your own thread when there are already several about the exact same subject. You're also being flamed for thinking your opinion is more valid than the next person's, and you're also being flamed for typing something as ridiculous as "How is it that I am smarter than WDI..."

That is why you are being flamed. If you wanted to simply discuss your displeasure with the touch screens like EVERYONE ELSE, you should've used the existing threads like EVERYONE ELSE. ;)

haveyoumetmark

That was "like, like the raddest" personal attack ever.

Ohhhh, +1 for playing a victim.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
New TV show "Are you Smarter than an Imagineer?"

But seriously, I think there are still great minds in WDI, the problem is remnants of micromanaging higher-ups with agendas from the Eisner days, budget cutting at every turn and in this case, a major sponsor spending tons of money for their product to be spotlighted....

For the record, yet again, the ending of SSE is akin to re-releasing a movie like Ben-Hur and adding a Britney Spears song in the credits...it just doesn't fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom