if someone in your party cant go????

dgtolbert222

we are 46 days away from our vacation and we are taking the kids out of school and each kid has invited a friend that we are paying for. One of the kids grades are not as good as her mom thought they were going to be so she has said if she dint pull her grade up she cant justify letting her daughter go with us. Well the trip i paid for room and tickets we are staying onsite with the deluxe dining plan. f this kid cant go can i get money back for this kids ticket, meal plan or what can I do, can i invite someone else since it is already paid for just change names..Help....

UberPlannerMom

we are 46 days away from our vacation and we are taking the kids out of school and each kid has invited a friend that we are paying for. One of the kids grades are not as good as her mom thought they were going to be so she has said if she dint pull her grade up she cant justify letting her daughter go with us. Well the trip i paid for room and tickets we are staying onsite with the deluxe dining plan. f this kid cant go can i get money back for this kids ticket, meal plan or what can I do, can i invite someone else since it is already paid for just change names..Help....
If I were you I would get on the phone with Disney ASAP and tell them the situation. You would be surprised how much they are willing to work with you on things!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

If you are at 46 days away, you can still modify your reservation without penalty. Meaning, you can call and drop the kid from the ressie and get all of your money back. Once tomorrow comes, you can still do it but you will be charged a $50 fee.

If it were me, I would tell the kid's Mom that she needs to let you know today whether or not she will let her child go. The longer she waits to tell you, the more it will cost you to change the reservation.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If you are at 46 days away, you can still modify your reservation without penalty. Meaning, you can call and drop the kid from the ressie and get all of your money back. Once tomorrow comes, you can still do it but you will be charged a $50 fee.

If it were me, I would tell the kid's Mom that she needs to let you know today whether or not she will let her child go. The longer she waits to tell you, the more it will cost you to change the reservation.

If there's a good chance that the kid can't go, I'd suggest calling to remove them from the package.

Then, if they end up being able to go, you can add them back onto the reservation. While technically there's supposed to be a change fee involved for any changes to a package reservation within 45 days, if the change to the reservation results in an increase in the price of the package, Disney will waive the change fee.

-Rob

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

If there's a good chance that the kid can't go, I'd suggest calling to remove them from the package.

Then, if they end up being able to go, you can add them back onto the reservation. While technically there's supposed to be a change fee involved for any changes to a package reservation within 45 days, if the change to the reservation results in an increase in the price of the package, Disney will waive the change fee.

-Rob

Oooooh, I tried to tell a DRC CM that the other day and she didn't believe me! :lol: I asked for a price if we changed our ressie from WL to the Poly. (of course the Poly is more $) She reminded me several times that if I wanted to make the change, I had to do it before my 45 day mark, (Which is coming up soon) or I would have to pay the $50 fee. Finally I asked, "If the package price increases, isn't the fee waived?" She got all huffy and said no. I said, "I think it is. We changed our package inside of the 45 day mark last year and since the price increased, we were not charged the fee" Still, she did not believe me. Oh well, not a big deal. :lol:

Upvote 0
Hi

Hi there I believe that someone can go in that childs name, contact the air line and hotel and tell them the situation that way it will be all legal and all. It shouldn't be a huge deal.
Good Luck ok. :wave:

Upvote 0

Raven66

That is a really nice thing you are doing. Has anyone talked to the kid that is endanger of not being able to go? I would guess that she would do anything she could to raise her grades. Maybe talk to her and she what she says. If I was her I would have my nose to the books.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

One of the kids grades are not as good as her mom thought they were going to be so she has said if she dint pull her grade up she cant justify letting her daughter go with us.

I am going to guess that this kid's mother is not fully aware of the cost involved to you. She is probably just thinking that you can remove her from the room reservation and there will be no problem and no other expense. If you are driving down so there is no airfare involved then you could just call Disney and ask them when the cut-off was for the $50 (the closer you get the more the cost goes up). Then let the mother know the cut-off days and what she should reimburse you if she doesn't let her daughter go.

Personally I don't think what is going on is all that fair to your daughter. If it was me, I would tell the mother that it is her business to play grade games with her own daughter but not with my daughter. Your daughter deserves to have the chance to invite a different friend and not have the chance to have a friend along spoiled at the last moment. Just my opinion.

Good luck.:wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Hi there I believe that someone can go in that childs name, contact the air line and hotel and tell them the situation that way it will be all legal and all. It shouldn't be a huge deal.
Good Luck ok. :wave:

Airlines are another matter entirely when it comes to changes... You'll have a much harder time changing the name on a plane ticket than you would on a Disney hotel reservation.

(Exceptions though for airlines like Southwest, where you can cancel the original ticket and use that credit toward a new ticket for another person. But there's no guarantee that you can get your original price again)

-Rob

Upvote 0

daliseurat

As far as Disney goes, you shouldn't have a problem changing names. When I was there last time, My name was on all the tickets by mistake and we had no problem.

I would definitely call Disney to get an OFFICIAL answer today. I would politely demand a definite decision from the other child's parent, explaining the need for you to cancel without penalty. Or, if the you and the parent are willing to wait longer, suggest that if the child cannot go and you don't have a replacement, that the child's parent should pay the $50.

What you are doing is INCREDIBLY generous, and the parent should understand that not allowing her child to go will cause you a financial burden, that they should cover.

If I was in this situation as the parent who was going to back out I would feel justified in my punishment of my own child, but I would feel obligated to pay you back for anything you had to spend. Actually, I would feel obligated to pay for my own child entirely.

Good luck with this sticky situation and have a great trip no matter what!

Upvote 0

kasey1988

I would call disney directially right away and explain your situation and see what they have to say, but also contact this childs parents today too. Just explain that the trip is payed for and you need to know ASAP if this child is going because you need to get the money refunded, or if your child has another friend they would like to take your going to need to make arrangements with their parents and change the names on the reservations, and this child will need to start saving money for souveniers and things they want and make arrangments with school for any missed work.
Are you flying? Im not sure how changing an airline ticket would work, you would need to get ahold of them as soon as you know to. I really hope you dont loose any money because of this, and hopfully your child will be able to bring a friend along. It is also incredably generous of you to offer to pay for everything! I dont think this childs parents fully understand the costs that have gone into it, if i was the parent i would feel obligated to give you money towards it!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

-Rob

Rob is absolutely 100% correct here. I would have advised you to do exactly what was said, and remove the kid unless there is airfare involved. While I do understand and appreciate the mother's thoughts on the matter, she has to understand, that you have a cut off date at which point changes will incur fees etc. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom