Pre-Trip If she can do it so can I!

Apparently I steal other peoples ideas.

First it was @Tuvalu and her mother daughter trips. Now, after reading @kimberlymautz impromptu pre trip report I've decided why the hell not.

After reading @kimberlymautz report for kicks I looked to see what flights were and was surprised at the prices but not so surprised because it was Spirit Airlines. I then went to the DisneyWorld site and found that I could really make this happen. So what did Teresa do? Teresa booked a trip to DISNEY!

First it was just going to be me: Teresa

LVDE8049.JPG

And my oldest Emily:

CDQD7140.JPG

We had decided on this trip in just a few hours. Now I had to tell my other half. While trying to tell him I was going to go on a little mini trip without him he let me know that, "um... hey, I want to go". Now you have to understand. He likes Disney relaxing trips not Disney rush around the Park trips. I explained this to him and he was still wanting to go and since he's been nice lately I thought that he deserved to go.

So, Joe will be joining us (he can't take a serious picture whatsoever) :

IMG_4942.JPG

@fractal I doubled checked, that is Joe's pointer finger not his middle.

IMG_E4863.JPG

The when: September 25-28th

The where: All Stars Movies - I keep saying I won't stay in a value again but honestly the values are nice. The only thing I don't care for is when we are on a "relaxing" trip I want a more relaxed pool area with a little less screaming and palm trees and ambience and palm trees and beautiful walkways. I love the landscaping of some of the moderates and deluxe resorts, but I digress.

The other where: This is our first "half trip" due to work and other commitments we will be going to just two parks. Emily picked. Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I know, I know but what do I do.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm not sure when Genie+ starts, BUT I heard just a few minutes ago that they are getting rid of Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistance to start with Lightning Lanes on the 23rd. So you may want to see if Genie+ will be a "thing" while you're there and whether you want to pay for it or not. They did say it would debut in September, and as that's the last week of September, I'm guessing it must be coming up soon. I know you won't be at HS, but there are surely some rides at both Epcot and AK that will use lightning lanes too, and who knows how the new system will affect the standby lines?
Thank you for the heads up. I'll research this!

Tuvalu

Premium Member

PolynesianPrincess

Hey Zip!
Here is a little Frontier hack I use that can be applied to Spirit as well. I pay for one bag for one of us and we all cram our stuff in there👍
giphy.gif

My Mom and sister are flying down next week on Frontier. They were each going to bring a carry on (Its a quick 3 night trip for Remy previews) BUT they realized it would be cheaper to just check one big bag than do individual carryons!!

kimberlymautz

Ahh! I'm so excited you decided to follow in my footsteps! You'll be arriving right as I'm leaving!
I'm very excited to follow along your trip and to hear what you think of Food & Wine this year and I'll be very jealous to hear about your day at AK.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Hey Zip!
Here is a little Frontier hack I use that can be applied to Spirit as well. I pay for one bag for one of us and we all cram our stuff in there👍
giphy.gif
My Mom and sister are flying down next week on Frontier. They were each going to bring a carry on (Its a quick 3 night trip for Remy previews) BUT they realized it would be cheaper to just check one big bag than do individual carryons!!
Yes! And one checked bag is cheaper than one carryon (go figure) so plenty of room for all!!!
So smart!! I'm going to pass this along to Emily and Joe and see if we want to mess with checking a bag or pack light and go right to ME. I'm thinking we may need to pack more since we'll be sweltering in the Florida sun and extra attire may be appreciated by all.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Ahh! I'm so excited you decided to follow in my footsteps! You'll be arriving right as I'm leaving!
I'm very excited to follow along your trip and to hear what you think of Food & Wine this year and I'll be very jealous to hear about your day at AK.
Since you inspired my trip it's too bad we couldn't meet up. Like many others I needed to get away, even if it's for just a couple of days so thanks for posting a pre-trip to make my trip happen! I'm very bummed neither Emily or Joe want to go to Magic Kingdom so I'll be excited to here about your time there. Only 3 days left for you!!!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
So.. Just read that Space 220 is open to walk ups only on our Epcot day. I'm guessing chances will be slim but I'd like to try to get us in. So if anyone has any suggestions or inside tips I'd love to hear them!

Also, Epcot opens at 11:00 on Sunday and Animal Kingdom opens at 8:00 on Monday. All previous trips to Disney we always just got ready and arrived right before opening but now it seems like the reports I've read some have arrived way before opening and the parks are open. Am I missing something, read it wrong, is there "surprise" early openings?

5 Days to go!! Just a little bragging for you @Darstarr

Happy Number One GIF by Tricia  Grace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom