If not Beauty & The Beast for New Fantasyland....what else?

rufio

I ahve to agree that Disney is trying to appeal tho the generation that greaw up in the 80s and 90s with it's additon. Tangled was a solid movie but has not endured the test of time yet. I would have to aslo agree that a Neverland themed area would be fantastic but could that fit into Adventureland as well? After all Peter and the Lost boys were all about adventure and treasure hunting.

Absolutely agree! As a child of the 90s, I am so excited for the new additions! I like Tangled, but it's so new! Hopefully it will age well, but you never know.

luv

My friends and I were having our own children in the late 80s and 90s. Our kids watched the big four movies.

I've seen the old old ones. I saw almost all the kid movies in the 90s...well, I was in the theater, lol - may have slept through many of them...and I've seen some of the crap Disney has churned out in the last decade.

My faves are still Mermaid, BatB, Aladdin and Lion King. Not because I was a kid then, but because I think those are Disney's four best movies.

I'd be thrilled to love a new one. I keep hoping to love one!

Powerline

These films were the iconic films of the generation of adults now, who have young "fantasyland" age children (if any) so in building new fantasyland, Disney are also catering for OUR generation (I am 30 and ALL those above, including herc/hunchback and pocahontas, are my CHILDHOOD films) and taking US back to our childhoods.

Good insight, I'm sure this was exactly what the imagineers were going for.

PRNCSAurora

I ahve to agree that Disney is trying to appeal tho the generation that greaw up in the 80s and 90s with it's additon. Tangled was a solid movie but has not endured the test of time yet. I would have to aslo agree that a Neverland themed area would be fantastic but could that fit into Adventureland as well? After all Peter and the Lost boys were all about adventure and treasure hunting.
I think this is a perfect fit for adventureland. There is so much that could be done with it.

SyracuseOrange

As I've mentioned a few times I would love to see Wonderland, I just feel that there is so much potential there. I would also like to see Aladdin get a real attraction.
Agreed. They could add the Alice in Wonderland dark ride from Disneyland and Alice's Curious Labyrinth from DLP (or a new attraction) and have a little mini-Wonderland area.

But aside from that, something with the Tangled lantern scene would be cute, and something new for Peter Pan would be cool.

SyracuseOrange

If you look at Philharmagic... the films it primarily contains are Lion King, BatB, Little Mermaid, Aladdin.
New Fantasyland is Batb and Little Mermaid....

These films were the iconic films of the generation of adults now, who have young "fantasyland" age children (if any) so in building new fantasyland, Disney are also catering for OUR generation (I am 30 and ALL those above, including herc/hunchback and pocahontas, are my CHILDHOOD films) and taking US back to our childhoods.

if that makes sense!
You nailed it. We are the money-spenders now, so why add a lot of Tangled to appeal to the people that are being carted to Disney anyway? Our generation wants to see our kids (I don't have any, but just speaking) experiencing the movies that we grew up with so we can share that memory.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Agreed. They could add the Alice in Wonderland dark ride from Disneyland and Alice's Curious Labyrinth from DLP (or a new attraction) and have a little mini-Wonderland area.

But aside from that, something with the Tangled lantern scene would be cute, and something new for Peter Pan would be cool.

I can agree with the Wonderland bit. There's really very little presence of that film in Fantasyland too, outside of the Tea Cups. Personally, I'd rather have something like the AiW dark ride in place of Pooh.

bubbles1812

You nailed it. We are the money-spenders now, so why add a lot of Tangled to appeal to the people that are being carted to Disney anyway? Our generation wants to see our kids (I don't have any, but just speaking) experiencing the movies that we grew up with so we can share that memory.

I do understand you point but at the same time, they have to capture the love of your kids for the park for when they grow up too so I think it makes perfectsense to put in things that are popular in the here and now for them rather than just looking to the past. Look at Carsland...if they add it, it could do wonders for capturing the loyalty of little boys (I think boys, as my general experience has at least shown, are harder for Disney to keep loyal than girls are). But Cars isn't a movie most of us on here grew up with.

cheezbat

Alice in wonderland and Aladdin all the way!

Aside from meet and greets, Aladdin only has one true attraction: a spinner in adventurand. That's sad considering it was one of Disneys biggest animated movies ever.

And Wonderland...what a whimsical story with interesting characters and all it gets in WDW...a teacups ride.

(somebody mentioned a lack of Sleeping Beauty...another great story!)

Really Very sad if you ask me.

bethymouse

From all I've heard and seen, Disney has a lot of "plans" and ideas in the works. It seems they always do. I just hope some of those "plans" actually come to fruition and soon!:D

koryadams

I think most of us will agree that Beauty & The Beast is a great, classic Disney film and has always deserved to have a presence in the Magic Kingdom, but to be honest......I don't know that it deserved to have SO MUCH of a presence in the make-up of the New Fantasyland.
I have to disagree with you because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie ever and favorite musical.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
There is no such thing as too much Beauty and the Beast.

Actually there is, especially if you want to appeal to little BOYS as well as little girls. And let's face it, the Beauty & The Beast story primarily is aimed at little girls. There isn't a whole lot there for boys to get excited about. That's another reason why I'd have done a little of New Fantasyland with Beauty & The Beast and a little of Neverland. Boys are generally far more into Hook and pirates than girls are.

Clever Name

Stitch Elvis Land! That guy is just so versatile it's hard to have too much of him. Boys and girls of all ages love Stitch Elvis!

NiarrNDisney

If Epcot properly used the pavilion/character relationships they set up then this wouldn't be a problem. I'm tired of seeing the same things everywhere. At the moment we have belle prescence in 3 parks. Can we try and at least contain it to one park? I don't mind Mickey and the gang being spread, but its kind of odd having more than one attraction in seperate parks for one character....

I agree I wish the Mouse would now consider replacing BatB in DHS with a new show maybe even the show from DCA or Broadways Mary Poppins. Also I would like to see the return of the Huntchback of Notre Dame show and maybe a new show for the VotLM.

Disneyfann

The VOTLM shoul have moved to fantasyland in the FLE. And y
I agree I wish the Mouse would now consider replacing BatB in DHS with a new show maybe even the show from DCA or Broadways Mary Poppins. Also I would like to see the return of the Huntchback of Notre Dame show and maybe a new show for the VotLM.
Hunchback!! Yeahh!! VOTLM should have moved to the FLE. There is not enough TLM stuff in the FLE. I'm waiting TDO...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom