If I could change one ride at WDW...

DisneyFreak529

I would get ride of Honey I shruck the Aud. To. It is outdated. I would update star tours, I think they are. Hopefully, I hate it but my husband loves it.

Edeyore

If I could change one ride at WDW

I first have to say stop picking on Stich. His "ride" may need to be completely redone, but he is the first character in a number of years that Disney has been able to successfully market. (other than the classics.)
I also have to say, "Mister Toad's Wild Ride is gone!" It won't be back get
over it and get on with your lives. Look to the future.
On to the rides question. Aladdin was a stupid idea, even when the concept was introduced, there wasn't one person that didn't think, why do we need another Dumbo ride? Space Mountain needs an update. There are just so many things they could do to make it more exciting and enjoyable. Bodywars
has always seemed to have something wrong with the ride. I like Star Tours, (yes, it could use a new film.), but Bodywars makes me ill. Voyage of the Little Mermaid should be turned into a ride. It could have both light and dark moments and a bit of excitement, similar to POTC. I also agree, that they may have been going for that look, but most of the Dinorama area should be
bulldozed. It was fairs and carnivals that were like this area that made Walt
want to construct Disneyland. He wanted it to be different and better.
I think if the "Imagineers" took time to read through some of the ideas put forth in these discussions, made did a poll or two, they would really be able
to come up with better uses for their money.

TiggerificChick

I think that they should make a huge roller coaster somewhere in the MK. Maybe where space mountain is now. Something like the hulk at universal. Also, Dinoland should be more like the Jurrassic Park in Universal.

wdwdave09

Ride fixes/removals

Where to start?

MK - remove Ariel's Grotto and replace it with updated 20K ride.

Epcot - need to update Living Seas. Even my kids (ages 7 and 11) aren't that interested in it. How about creating some kind of exploration ride? Also, El Tempo Del Rio needs to be updated. I thought it felt pretty cheap last time I rode it. In fact, most of World Showcase seems like a big flea market. Too much emphasis seems to be placed on people buying things from the representative country. Surely each country has more to offer than merchandise.

MGM - sack Sounds Dangerous. I much preferred the Chevy Chase/Martin Short sound effects spoof! Also, Star Tours needs to be updated. And Backlot Tour needs something more interesting to make it worth riding.

AK - bulldoze Dinorama area, but keep Dinosaur ride. As a previous post said, Walt built DL because of places like Chester & Hester's! What in the world were the Imagineers thinking!!!!!

Anyway, that would be my first cut.

LilDucky

In general, I think Fantasyland needs more dark rides. I would love to see an Aladdin dark ride. The carpet/dumbo ride doesnt do that movie justice! I would love for another dark ride featuring another classic. Not a pinnochio b/c DLR has it, but maybe like a sleeping beauty or something. I would just die if they added a little mermaid dark ride, even though MGM has the show. Imagine the possibilites!

I think MGM should dump the Little Mermaid show they have now, since it seems a little outdated, and maybe utilize it for a 4-D show of somekind or even another stage show if they have to! I would also love for the Great Muppet Movie ride to become a reality.

Epcot should dump HISTA and replace it with a technologically ADVANCED show instead of cheaping out. I would bet that not a lot of kids under the age of 11 even know about the "Honey" Movies. When was the last one made? 95?

MagicMan17

Rock-n-Roller coaster needs to be about 30 seconds longer so that I can make sure I get my sorry brother-in-law to puke! Man, he was soooo close last time! I love Kali River Rapids but it's just too short also. And since I have 3 kids that beg us to ride IASW over and over, providing adults with earplugs and a pillow would be a nice addition.

General Grizz

CHESTER AND HESTER'S DINORAMA

I wouldn't agree to any attraction closing down for the heck of it. So long as something better for the overall benefit of the park/park's values replaces it. In this case, Disney theme park foundations are slapped. . .

akorny1

For me it would be the following:
Magic Kingdom - Pooh - a let down for kids of all ages. Mr. Toad probably grew warts after he rode his replacement.
EPCOT - Figment at the Imagination Pavillion - guess the imagineers were not feeling that creative when they thought about that one. What happened to the original professor what's his name???
MGM - Backlot Tour - just call it the "ride in a tunnel and smell diesel fumes and then visit Catastrophe Canyon" in not so many words. Pretty weak compared to "other" backlot tours.
My 2nd choice would be The Great Movie Ride. The hosts performances are getting a little tired....
Animal Kingdom - there's nothing there to replace. Some more rides would be great. Let's go Imagineers!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom