If I could change one ride at WDW...

adamthegetupkid

Original Poster
Not to be a pessimist or a nit-picker, but... If you could eliminate ONE ride at WDW, which one would it be? Stitch doesn't count, since well... That is the one answer EVERYONE would give. I personally would like to see The Tiki Room gone, and put back to the original one, or make it at Walt wanted, which was a restaurant.

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists..."
-Cranium Command

evanssc

I agree that having the old TIKI room back would be nice. As for eliminating a current ride, I would have to vote for getting rid of Pooh.

Laura

Premium Member
I desperately want to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience gone. It's SOOO outdated now. The "Honey" movies are a thing of the past. That attraction was interesting the first couple times, but now I only tolerate it if I'm at Epcot with a first timer. It would be great if they'd replace it with a show with better special effects, like the 3D shows at the other 3 parks. I find it interesting that "future world" is home to the least advanced of all the 3D movies.

figmentfan

Here are my choices for the different parks:

Magic Kingdom: Winnie the Pooh, bring back Mr. Toad's.

Epcot: No rides to replace.

MGM: Sounds Dangerous, bring back Monster Sound Stage Show.

Animal Kingdom: Camp Minnie-Mickey, and build "Mythological Land" that was on the drawing board when AK was being built.

Tom

Beta Return
MK: I'd bring back the original, GOOD Tiki show, and get rid of the, um, spaceships on top of TTA :lol:

EPCOT: Get rid of Body Wars - makes me ill :hurl:

MGM: Get rid of Star Wars - see above reason

AK: Um, add some attractions.....

dxwwf3

Well since you took away the obvious answer ;), I would have to go with Maelstrom. It's way too short and it isn't all that impressive anyways. But if it were about 2 minutes longer, I think it would be "decent". But the way it is now is definately sub par. There is so much potential there.

KaliSplash

Well, reading the topic, I'm reading it as CHANGE a ride, not ELIMINATE a ride.

The ride most in need of change is Journey Into Imagination, with Figment! It's abundantly obvious what should be done here, isn't it, Dreamfinder?

MCBRIZZ5

MK: get rid of Aladdin (already have dumbo) and update Jungle Cruise. O and get rid of Speedway and put an E-ticket attraction there.

Epcot: Wonders of Life pavillion, EL Rio del Tempo, and bring back beginning ride of Living Seas

MGM: change Star Tours movie

AK: Whole dinosaur land except DINOSAUR and Conervation Station

Fantasmic!329

Changes

MK: Replace Mickey's Toontown Fair with something else
Epcot: Out you go HISTA
MGM: Don't get rid of the Backlot Tour, just add something (besides the Catostraphe [sp?] Canon) to make someone want to go on it
AK: Replace Camp Minnie-Mickey with Australia!!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
MK SM, new cars, with a soundtrack ala DLP and DL
EPCOT Maelstrom, make it longer and update the post show
MGM Star Tours, new movie.
AK KRR, make it longer as it was initially planned

RCMAN2001

MK:

1. Space Mountain: Cover up the station at least so that it is darker, or retrack it like the ne at dl and replace theold beams with beg fat hollow supports found on rides like mummy or montu so you cant see them when you ride past, and update the affets, add music.

2. Pirates of the Carribean: Make all the caves you ride past in the beginning into a curse of the black pearl part where realy cool animatronics of the chgaracters and the ghosts are fighting, and put your jack sparrow animatronic in there.

3. Get ridd of mickeys toontown for either discovery bay, which would have an underwater ful survice nemo submarine resteraunt with real fish outside the window, and put tds's 20,000 lueges in the sub laggoon, or put in mickeys toontown with roger rabbit's cartoon spin.

MGM:

1. Star tours: either get new movies of the same film, because the current ones are so terribly blotchy and old, or get a new one based on episodes 2 and 3, with an updated surround sound because the current films special afects are so lame.

2: Muppet Vision 3d: Take it out, put in the great muppets movie ride, monsters inc, or finding nemo dark rides.

3. Tower of Terror: I would have the elevator make an extra stop before the hallway scene and I would have it stp at the mirror room, where rod serling says "wave goodbye to the real world," the car shakes violently, the lights and lightning flicker, and everyone in the mirror turns blue/into ghosts before he says, "for you have just entered the twilight zone". That or have the car shake volently when the bults of electricity travel up the hallway and the lights flicker in the hallway scene.

Epcot:

Mexico pavilion: Bring the resteraunt inside to life by turning it into a fiesta, with more upbeat music, kiddie rides, entertainment, ect... And PLEASE do something about that boat ride. "Please buy from me, I have best deals in town". Give me a break. I was insulted by that ride, and I'm not even mexican.

bsandersjr

MK - Remove Space Mountain, Replace it with Super Space Mountain (better track, smoother ride, inversions, etc...)

Epcot - Remove Figment, Replace it with anything else.

MGM - Remove Drew Carey, Replace with 4D movie

AK - No room for any removals

Resorts - Build a resort resembling Walt's idea of a future city (like you see on the TTA)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom - Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, and Pirates of the Caribbean (all need updating)
Epcot - El Rio del Tiempo: The River of Time (needs an update)
Disney MGM Studios - Rock 'n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith (needs to be redone :lol: )
Disney's Animal Kingdom - Camp Minnie-Mickey and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama! (need to be demolished)

Splashman

Of course everyone would pick Stitch. I can't stand Stitch and I am sick of him showing up everywhere around WDW. He is ruining the atmosphere. If I could see one attraction removed from WDW parks I would pick:

MAGIC KINGDOM- Timekeeper or The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Bring back Mr. Toad)

EPCOT- Body Wars (For the person who chose Test Track what are you sick or something)

MGM- Playhouse Disney or The Voyage of the Little Mermaid

ANIMAL KNIGDOM- Camp Minnie-Mickey

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom