IF Haunted Mansion?

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Immediately after finishing up with POTC we exited and saw that the firework show was going on so we gazed at the sky as we made our way to the Haunted Mansion. There was no line. It was a quick walk right up to the front... so much I couldn't even look around as there were people walking quickly up behind us as well. We made our way right up to the front porch where we briefly waited for the doors to open and welcomed by a CM. I am sure she was supposed to appear morose in her delivery, but it came off more as "I really don't want to be here, get up here and be ready for the doors to open".

So, you walk into the foyer and after a brief wait enter the stretching room. Show happens there and you exit into the hallway to go under the berm. Its my understanding up to this point everything was part of the plan even before they knew what they were going to do with the rest of attraction.

Now the IF part of my question. IF they had gone with a walk-through house would there have been two hallways under the berm after the two elevators? It seems there were to be two separate walk throughs to solve capacity issues. Was all this going to take place in a show building like what there is now?

I also was just reading an early idea of the HM being a water ride with boats. It didn't get far but sounded interesting.

Phroobar

I believe the other passageway under the train tracks is the exit. I guess the first scene was suppose to be a five minute show involving the Sea Captain that you see a picture of at MK. According to Doombuggies:

In recent interviews, Imagineer Rolly Crump has made reference to the tale of the sea captain, referring to a very dark scenario in which the captain, who has drowned at sea, comes back as a ghost in a murderous rage to destroy his bride by entombing her in the brick walls of the fireplace. In fact, in early tests of proposed special effects for the attraction, Crump and Imagineer Yale Gracey developed a sample set in a Disney Studio warehouse with an intricate effect that portrayed the grizzled sea captain drenched and dripping from a storm at sea. The captain would then seemingly vanish before the viewers eyes, leaving nothing but a puddle of water on the floor behind as the skeletal ghost of his murdered bride flew menacingly out of the brick fireplace toward the audience, only to vanish into thin air as well. This scene, incorporating intricate versions of classic dark ride effects such as"Pepper's Ghost" and a pulley system similar to the"Flying Crank Ghost," demonstrated how this attraction wasn't going to be any typical "jump 'n boo" carnival fun house.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
I believe the other passageway under the train tracks is the exit. I guess the first scene was suppose to be a five minute show involving the Sea Captain that you see a picture of at MK. According to Doombuggies:

In recent interviews, Imagineer Rolly Crump has made reference to the tale of the sea captain, referring to a very dark scenario in which the captain, who has drowned at sea, comes back as a ghost in a murderous rage to destroy his bride by entombing her in the brick walls of the fireplace. In fact, in early tests of proposed special effects for the attraction, Crump and Imagineer Yale Gracey developed a sample set in a Disney Studio warehouse with an intricate effect that portrayed the grizzled sea captain drenched and dripping from a storm at sea. The captain would then seemingly vanish before the viewers eyes, leaving nothing but a puddle of water on the floor behind as the skeletal ghost of his murdered bride flew menacingly out of the brick fireplace toward the audience, only to vanish into thin air as well. This scene, incorporating intricate versions of classic dark ride effects such as"Pepper's Ghost" and a pulley system similar to the"Flying Crank Ghost," demonstrated how this attraction wasn't going to be any typical "jump 'n boo" carnival fun house.

I think I may have to read the entire blog. ;) Seems one of my questions might have already been answered.

From how I read it, the two tunnels under the berm on either side of the train support would have each had an "in hall" and an "out hall" for each "house". Instead of both elevators going into the same hall.

cRkNt_EYLDXhYMuR7GFkatgkWx-ieMLNyNY7v_aMGuWQfzcCdbxGnAQigwnuvEsHTOCCJxQ6eJNHxBs3hgw8idOcjPiOUDbS5zy1-A0sDcu5gBwAgVY=s0-d

zrAm1TFPooZ3l96Ksu9yEojYBsBrrTQmZPaZ2zJfRDKA-v06TQeKTCqbaOAOnMKFjNDEql4jvvr0OtTLK9-HdhKDP31SXd88hL_u8n7AZuGIGU6pQNdypAA=s0-d

https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2013/01/does-size-matter.html

https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2013/01/to-find-way-out.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom