Idiot gets banned from WDW for repeatedly displaying signs

Smiley/OCD

Well, according to the articles he was supposedly banned the first time in September for "inciting a crowd" with a sign. Yet somehow he does this in November. Either he wasn't actually banned, or he was in the realm of criminal trespass.

Edit: Or he received the ever-elusive double-ban award. :)
Double, secret probation

HiJe

Remove the politics, safety issues, and the theatrics of any whimsical props for 5 extra Instagram likes, and you are left with a moron who decided to sit in the front and ruin a nice fun picture for the 2 kids in the back just to call attention to himself. Just thoughtless and uncaring of those around him just so he can get 5 minutes of attention. Way to go, dummy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Here's my non-political take (since my political take got deleted lol)
This goes back to the BIGGEST problem that I noticed while working in the parks:
a culture of guest entitlement.​

This has nothing to do with guest entitlement. It has only to do with a dude with a political agenda who is trying to come up with gimmicks to get himself and his message seen. This is by his own admission... and getting 'banned' from the parks was probably his intention all along to further boost his media attention grab. No one would run a story about a guy getting a lecture from WDW CMs.. but banned... front page sensationalism.. along with the very photo he wanted to be seen.

JoeCamel

I would be interested to know where he was in the year's AP cycle? If he was near the end maybe he wanted to go out in a blaze of notoriety so he pushed til he got what he wanted.

Goofyernmost

Can we just can the political side of this and keep with "A stupid person did several things stupid and got trespassed and banned"
In all fairness, it is hard to show a picture of a man holding a sign that says Trump 2020 and keep the politics out of it. It was certainly political for him. However, holding up any self serving sign in there should end up with the same result. The fact that he was just holding up a sign is what got him briefly banned, but, to go back, knowing that it will not go unnoticed is just defiance and deserves a permanent ban.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No matter how you lean politically Disney is certainly not the place for that. When I go to Disney it is a temporary escape, and one of the last things I want to be reminded of is future elections or current political issues. Especially in this charged climate.

Agreed. In fact my last trip was intentionally DURING the 2016 election, I did absentee and did not look at phone....I wanted to be away from that facet of things and enjoy my trip. It was most interesting talking to people from other countries and their take on watching the media frenzy. Ha, that is where I got my news, guess it was too big not to seep into WDW....even though I sought to escape from it....:angelic:

The whole thing about that guy wanted to "test" his being told NOT to do something is all I need to hear to agree he does not deserve access. Lack of respect for rules, the park itself and others period. I can choose to not visit the HoP if anything political there bothers me.....:happy:

aliceismad

He wanted to get banned. It's a badge of honor for his activism. In a video that was shot during his previous stunt, he talks about why he is doing it.
Getting banned gets him free advertisement/attention. Of course he wanted to get banned. And rile people up because of it. I don't care what your cause is. WDW isn't the place to do it, and frankly, I'm sad the story has gotten picked up and gone viral.

aliceismad

That's literally what they did to me when I held up a Red Sox banner on Splash Mountain after the 2004 World Series. I apologized, went on my way, and never did it again.
But a Red Sox banner is unlikely to "incite" anything. (Unless it's in the middle of a Yankees fan party or something.)

mf1972

Well, according to the articles he was supposedly banned the first time in September for "inciting a crowd" with a sign. Yet somehow he does this in November. Either he wasn't actually banned, or he was in the realm of criminal trespass.

Edit: Or he received the ever-elusive double-ban award. :)
1AE770AF-6668-4D60-BD45-4C53A88BAA99.jpeg

it could be worse...

geekza

I love that he's threatening to sue them... for enforcing their own rules on private property. People like that don't realize that the First Amendment only states that the government can't make laws "abridging the freedom of speech." Private entities are not the government and can boot you out for whatever they want unless it breaks anti-discrimination laws. He's an idiot for so many reasons.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Has anyone noticed any change in security checks of bags since this looking for similar materials to thwart any would-be copycats? It feels like yet another thing they'll have to be on the lookout for at bag check in the parks.

carnini

The guest was told before not to do it and was temporary banned and yet does it a 2nd time.
Doesn't matter what the sign said he should be banned, as was told not to do it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom