Ideas on revealing a surprise

monkeysammich

Salutations!

In 61 days we will be back at the world... and thus far, our children have no idea we are going for Christmas. We will be in Orlando on Christmas Eve at my In-Laws house and plan to have the big reveal from Santa Christmas morning (kids are 5, 2 and 6 months).

The wife and I are trying to figure out what to actually put under the tree... we figure a few small gifts, like disney sweaters... or santa mickey ears... autograph books...

But we're stuck on how to make the big present really jump out... A note from Santa? A disney baloon with printed out tickets? A special treasure map with driving directions?

I need ideas!

All the Best,

Monkey

wiigirl

Thats a tough one.

First thing comes to mind....a big box full of balloons with the tickets and/or streamers so when they open it the ballons pop out with the surprise?

75.gif

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

When my son was little we took him to have his picture taken with Santa at our local mall. After the picture was taken my dear wife walked him over to pay for the pictures and I stopped for a minute to speak with Santa. My son seeing this got concerned and asked me “you didn’t tell Santa that I have been bad and not to bring me anything did you.” I said no I asked Santa for a new car. Christmas morning there wasn’t a new car under the tree but on the tree there was a red binder. The first page of the red binder had a letter from Santa saying he was sorry he couldn’t bring a new car but how about a trip to Disney World instead. The second page had one question in big script letters“Do you know where you will be staying? The thirdpage had a color picture of the Wilderness Lodge. The next pages asked where will be eating, followed by pictures and menus from the restaurants where we had our ADRs (Thank you Allearsnet). Also in the binder were touring plans and the vacation planning DVD so we could watch it together.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

Oh man, my parents are the king and queen of surprize Disney Trips (seriously they pulled one over on me when I was 20). Here is what they did:
For Thanksgiving they told us that we would be taking a plane to Louisville to see my cousins like we had in the past, except the whole family was at O'hare and we were really going to Disney. Another time was probably my favorite and the first time we went, this might work for you guys. It was my mom's birthday and after she opened presents she asked us what we wanted to do, I said the Zoo, my brother said something else, and then my mom said, oh I know let's go to Disney World. And then my grandmother knocked on the door and there was a limo there to take us to the airport (rather than the airport you'd have your car to take you to the world). The last time we went over New Years and they surprized us the night before we left by havign a cousin ask us if we were ready to go to Disney World or not. That one probably won't work due to age.
We had a friend's mom pack their suitcases and wrap them and put them under the tree and the kids unwraped full suitcases with giant tags (pieces of paper) that said SHIP TO DISNEY WORLD FOR _____.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Good luck with your surprise! We'll be surprising our kids a few weeks before that for Hanukah! (big box to be opened as a "joint gift" for the kids with a rolled up, home-made certificate insire saying "Pack your bags, we're leaving for Disney in 4 days!" They'll freak out! I'm almost more excited about that than the trip itself. Almost ;))

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I LOVE Disney surprises!!! :)

We pulled off our first surprise last year. We managed to keep them in suspense until we were driving through the Maingate! We will be orchestrating our next WDW vacay surprise in about a week and a half. I can't do the Maingate thing again, so it was a toss up between the Disney Store and something at home. The Disney Store was willing to do the whole thing (pretty great stuff), but the timing was off for us- i.e. mid week and a 40 min drive to the mall in the evening is just no good...so we're doing a home surprise. My PTR on the link below has all of the details, but basically we're sending our girls on a yarn hunt throughout the house and at each step they'll open up gifts related to the trip. The final surprise will be a large box in front of the tv - two 15" mouse ear balloons will pop out and the video slide show I made will start playing on the tv in front of them...which is also when we'll yell "surprise, we're going to Disney World!!!" This really is just a brief synopsis....so many little things and surprises involved in all of it. We'll be leaving 8 days after the reveal :D

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I LOVE the idea of doing something fun like that! I think the idea of putting tons of balloons in a box with the tickets inside of them, or attached to the strings, would be super fun!

Upvote 0

CB2@disney

I'm doing a surprise this year too. We are going for New Years Eve. I've made sure that all of the presents under the tree aren't in anyway Disney related. But there will only be a very few presents. After we've unwrapped the gifts I'm going to tell my son that there is one more gift hidden in the house and he has to follow the clues to find it. All of the clues but one will be strickly about our families christmas traditions (to reinforce our traditions and the true meaning of christmas). None of the clues are very hard. For example the first one is "Where do we hang all of the ornaments?" once he goes to the tree there will be another card in the branches with the next clue (six clues in all). Then the last clue will be "Go to where we watch the Disney Christmas Parade." (we watch this on the big screen in the basement every year). Hopefully if I've timed it right the parade will be about to start and there will be a big box wrapped and when he opens it; a group of character balloons will pop out (got these at Walmart) and then inside there will be a basket with has some Disney stuff... pjs, travel guide for kids, personalize autograph book, and a new Goofy plush and an envelope with the stuff to make the 6 day countdown with special activites to get ready to go like Disney movie night and packing our carryons, things like that. Its so fun. Good luck with what ever you go with. Make sure the cameras are ready.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom