Ideas Needed for Trip

Jungle Skipper

Original Poster
Evening everyone!

So My fiancee and I are heading to WDW with some of my family in about 18 days! YAhoo!

Anywho...looking for some romantic ideas for a night out for just the two of us.

Also...we're getting married in May 08 and were hoping to find a Mickey and Minnie Wedding Cake Topper for the big day. Also thinking about some Mickey and Minnie Mouse themed toasting glasses....any idea where to find such items? any other suggestions we should look for?

Appreciate the help!

Cheers,
Jungle Josh

Willful

Josh, congrats on the impending nuptials!!! Speaking as someone who is married and has been involved with plenty of weddings, remember the wedding is (1) about her...and (2) a time for you to come together as a couple. So don't let outside forces dictate wedding events and don't let these outside forces cause friction between you two.

Now onto the Disney-related questions...Here's some Yahoo! search links:

Mickey and Minnie Wedding Cake Topper

Mickey and Minnie Mouse themed toasting glasses

Romantic ideas:

Take a stroll along the Poly beach at night. You can sit on the beach with your special honey and watch the Electric Water Pageant and then Wishes! Check with the Poly front desk for times.

I highly...HIGHLY recommend dining at Nacrossee's at the GF. It's expensive, but very romantic. Especially if you can time it with Wishes. They will turn down the lights and play the music. And you're closer to the castle than at the Poly beach.

Go to SSR, Port Orleans or the Wilderness Lodge and take a horse drawn carriage. I don't think it's at night, but well worth it! It's a 30 minute ride around the resort. We did it at the SSR.

You can visit the wedding pavilion at the GF. not sure if that's romantic enough...just tossing out ideas.

Roam the Safari Village Trails at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park at dusk, then catch the last safari of the day at Kilamanjaro Safaris.

Walk down Main Street after the MK has closed and enjoy the music and no crowds. Just enjoying each other's company.

Or after Illuminations find a park bench and listen to the music as the crowds empty. You can also sit near the fountains in Future World and enjoy their show.

You can make it anywhere from super duper to just simple. There are so many romantic options at WDW. It's what you make of them. But here some more Romantic Ideas from wdwinfo.com

Again, congrats!!!!

Teenchy

I ditto the previous post ideas for romantic ideas.

Also wanted to mention that the gift shopo at the Grand Flordian also has DIsney wedding related "stuff" as many stay their for their honeymoon.
Also they sell champagne glasses at The Art of Disney store in DTD.

I'm not sure if you can buy the other Wedding type items that are on display at Franck's Studio at the Wedding Pavillion but you could go in and look and ask...or just get some great ideas!. Its usually by appointment but you could poke your head in and ask...they are very nice.

Bug715

When I was down a few weeks ago I noticed a wedding section in the store with the christmas ornaments in the Liberty Square area a Magic Kingdom. I remember there being a lot more but there was a new picture frame and other cute things.

MSTCrow

California Grill is a magnificent place to eat and offers great views of the parks and in particular, Wishes.

Victoria and Albert's is much more pricey but defines elegance.

This link offers many ideas for fun, not all of them romantic, but all of them great...

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ola.htm

Nansafan

Picked up Mickey/Minnie toasting glasses and had them engraved at the crystal shop on Main Street at the MK for my cousin as an engagement gift. He proposed during Wishes in the Plaza Rose Garden on August 11, 2006. They used them to toast after she said yes and we returned to our rooms and have decided to use them for their wedding. They have opted for the Lenox Prince Charming and Cinderella as their wedding cake topper.

morgan22

I realise you have already returned but did you manage to pick-up cake toppers?

We ended up using the salt/pepper shakers on ours as they were the perfect size!!!! Even though Mickey looks like he's falling over!!!

wedding6.jpg

whizGoofy

Great ideas so far everyone!

Thanks....any others?

I too see that you have already left and returned however if you were not able to find anything while you were in WDW there are wedding things available online at disneyshopping.com. Disney just started carrying wedding items on their website. My wife and I used the Lenox Mickey and Minnie cake topper, it was great!!

So what did you do for romance at WDW??

Teenchy

I realise you have already returned but did you manage to pick-up cake toppers?

We ended up using the salt/pepper shakers on ours as they were the perfect size!!!! Even though Mickey looks like he's falling over!!!

wedding6.jpg
I noticed in the background of your photo, are you in a football stadium?? Pretty cool!

Who scored first :lookaroun ....just kidding... congrats, looks beautiful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom