Ideas for Lord of the Rings Rides

Discovery Bay

Original Poster
All right everybody. To set up the backstory for this exercise, Disney has acquired the theme park rights to The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. Please think of ride ideas. I know I will.

michael92

Its hard to concentrate the entire lord of the rings concept under just one ride. A land would be better. But if it had to be a ride, i would propose the idea of a darkride/roller coaster ride that would put you in the middle of the action as you try to destroy the ring. The ride would begin in frodos town and end in the volcano. Think revenge of the mummy, but in a much grander scale.

michael92

facade: frodos town (houses)
queue: dome-building simulating frodos town (simulated rivers, lagoon, bridges, sky)
vehicle: a horseless carriage
in the beginning of the ride you are inbtroduced to the story and ride though frodos town, then, you entr his house (the carriage walls drop and stay under the sets, annexed tot he car train, to appear as if you had left the vehicle, they are lifted as soon as you exit the house) you are given the mission by gandalf
the whole ride is like a tension build up (with two tame and moderate roller coaater
parts) for the volcano scene, where the most intense part is (w loops and everyhting)
the ending scene is a backwards drop arriving in frodos town, where you then slolwy (also backwards) see how everything has returned to normal.
(btw there would be no lift hill, a dragon AA would take you and accelerate you vertically for the final scene)

well thats my concept, any thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom