Ideas for couple in their mid-20's

DLove

Hi everyone, I'll be in WDW next Thursday for a week, if anyone can give any tips on any really fun places to hang out after dark, involving drinks, etc. for me and my fiancee I'd appreciate it. We've pretty much got the day routine figured out, but want to know of any places with no kids, just adults at night where we can get away from the cries and stuff, lol.

NiarrNDisney

Here's my shortlist:

Boardwalk & adjacent - Atlantic Dance Hall (dj's, dancing, not a huge crowd though) Big River Brew Co ( fun for a few beers), bluezoo lounge (Dolphin/ upscale lounge Vegas like), Jellyrolls (one of the best), Kimonos (Swan/ sushi and karaoke)

DTD - Fuego (chill lounge), Raglan Road (Just all around fun!)

Resorts - Outer Rim (Cont/ busy, great people watching and view), Rix Lounge (CSR/ Nightclub, hipster crowd), Scat Cats (POFQ/ just all around fun!)

~Edit~ Consider post #7 from http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4529799#post4529799 just a little something I have compiled over the years. BTW if you just want to party ignore the date info and just pay attention to the pub crawl side of things.

Upvote 0

DLove

Original Poster
OMG, that partythroughtheparks.com link is GREAT. My fiancee and I were looking through it and found it very useful, we now have planned which places to go to and which ones to avoid based on what each of us likes to drink. Thanks to everyone here who has posted, we will DEFINITELY be checking out ALL the places you guys are recommending, this is gonna be great!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

I'm sure some people on these boards have been using the 'Party Through the Parks Site' for awhile, but I 'discovered' it recently and did some good research before our trip a couple of months ago. :)

Glad you like it.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

This is a great thread! We will have one kid free night in Disney- my mom is taking them and keeping them in her room for the night! DH and I have never been to Disney alone- and not pregnant! Ha!

So far we are going to walk around epcot and have a few drinks then we have late dinner reservations at The California Grill (9:30) and then either head to the boardwalk or the BlueZoo lounge since we are staying at the Dolphin! Hopefully we can stay up! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

durangojim

My wife (then girlfriend) used to go to WDW all the time when we were in our 20s. Some of the things we liked to do were:

In the evening get dressed up a little nicer and walk around World Showcase, enjoying a libation, and snack (optional) from each of the countries. If you start between 4-5pm you should be good as long as you pace yourself, and you can finish the evening watching Illuminations.

Hop on the Resort monorail loop and hit each of the lounges and or restaurants at each of the hotels. I highly recommend the bar at California Grill, you can get some great sushi or appetizers and entre's while there too. The bar at the Polynesian is nice too.

Go to Downtown Disney and enjoy a pint at Raglan road.

There's other things we used to do at night, sometimes on the beach but I can't really post those as kids read these posts:D

Upvote 0

silver1113

I hope nobody minds me posting this link, but I LOVE this site. :)

Click on 'Disney World' to get the drop down menu, and explore the parks, DD, etc. Also be sure to check out the resorts section becuase it shows the Boardwalk watering holes, and others.

Enjoy your trip!

http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/

Thank You for this link. I have been looking for something like this. It will be my dd's 21st bday when we go down next year and really wanted to try the different drinks at the different countries.

Upvote 0

jmani56

If none of the bars/lounges work out, you can always grab a bottle of wine from France or Italy in Epcot and have a picnic anywhere you'd like. There are tons of great spots for this all around the Epcot resort area, and some can be pretty private.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

If none of the bars/lounges work out, you can always grab a bottle of wine from France or Italy in Epcot and have a picnic anywhere you'd like. There are tons of great spots for this all around the Epcot resort area, and some can be pretty private.

That sounds like a great idea! Just a couple questions for you;

1. Have you found any particular spots that you would recommend?

2. Does WDW have any issue with consuming alcohol openly around property. I've walked all around the resorts during visits with a drink in hand, but if you wanted to open a bottle of wine and sit on the sand at Yacht and Beach, or on a bench on The Boardwalk, would anyone care?

Upvote 0

jmani56

That sounds like a great idea! Just a couple questions for you;

1. Have you found any particular spots that you would recommend?

2. Does WDW have any issue with consuming alcohol openly around property. I've walked all around the resorts during visits with a drink in hand, but if you wanted to open a bottle of wine and sit on the sand at Yacht and Beach, or on a bench on The Boardwalk, would anyone care?

I've never had any trouble (although I've only done it once), but like you I've walked around that entire area with a drink and never had issues. And although we did settle on one location, many others were scouted lol, and all were good options. Some of them were on the grass near International Gateway (well after hours), a patch along the river to the Studios, the beach along Crescent Lake... there are tons of great spots in that area. And if you don't have a blanket, some pools in the area leave the towels out overnight.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom