Ideas for a third Disneyland park.

Rich T

A villains park sounds fun at first... and then not. Villains are fun when they give a hero something significant to vanquish. That's their role in entertainment. An entire park dedicated to evil would be depressing, shallow and not a great comment on society as a whole. Besides, the world already has Las Vegas. Disney parks should celebrate courage, creativity, etc. The villains are there to make stories work. Even something like Haunted Mansion works at DL because it's playful and--in its own way--comforting.

On a larger note, I wouldn't be suprised if Disney never opens another stateside park, for many reasons.

TROR

Disneyland is themed to Americana, DCA is themed to a state in the US, a third park must continue the American centered theming. Disney's America is, then, an option but I find it to be rather dull and uninspired as it is already an unused concept. A park themed, however, to both American continents allows for more potential and creativity. It also, if done properly, can mimic Disneyland's lands in the same way DCA and DisneySea attempt to. There can be a 1960's New York land full of Marvel characters (a Tomorrowland equivalent), deep jungles of the Amazon (Adventureland), American west, Canadian frontier, and Mexico (the Frontierlands), etc. Using this concept as a theme also gives way to unused concepts from Westcot and Disney Sea Long Beach.

SuddenStorm

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge promises immersion and storytelling the likes of which have never been seen before. That level of interactive LARP elements combined with fully themed merchandise and shops is a stark contrast to the rest of the park.

That's my idea for a third gate- Galaxy's Edge on a much larger scale, make it a full day experience with a variety of attractions and interactive elements.

Rich T

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge promises immersion and storytelling the likes of which have never been seen before. That level of interactive LARP elements combined with fully themed merchandise and shops is a stark contrast to the rest of the park.

That's my idea for a third gate- Galaxy's Edge on a much larger scale, make it a full day experience with a variety of attractions and interactive elements.
The risk there is in putting all your eggs into one basket. Superheroes and Star Wars will eventually be replaced on the pop culture throne by something else (it might take a couple of decades, but it will happen). If you're going to spend billions creating a park that brings to life one specific locale, it has to be adaptable. Which IP or theme would you go with? Middle Earth might work...
(EDIT)
Oh, wait, I got it: Zootopia. Nailed it! :D

Phroobar

maxresdefault.jpg

Suspirian

When the Neverland Files was still up they had posted about an early concept for a disney park possibly in South Korea that was a nature based version of the magic kingdom format. Heres alleged concept art for it

I've always kind of liked that idea. I think having a theme park thats essentially a giant forest where the borders of the lands aren't as discernible as they would be in other theme parks would be really cool. Kinda like if Animal Kingdom's Oasis was an entire park.

EDIT for land ideas. Literally anything could be added as long as it has some connection to wilderness but here are examples I'd like to see

Polynesian rainforest w/ Te Fiti subland
Chinese cloud forest
Enchanted Moors w/ Villain Subland
Ancient Gardens (split into Greek Mediterranean & Mesopotamian Desert)
The Amazon
The Serengeti
Sleepy Hollow
The Pacific (indoor land themed to look like a kelp forest underwater)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom