Ideas for a short day in MK

jimmy5575

I've spent many hours reading the boards and wanted to say thanks for all the great information.

My wife and I might trying to make the impossible possible on our upcoming trip to WDW. We are planning for a return trip next year with our two little ones so MK is our lowest priority park but there are a few attractions that we would like to hit (that may be more difficult to do with them) on a travel day when will be have about 5 hours in the park (12P-5P) before an anniversary dinner and a evening at La Nouba.

We would like to see:

1. PhilharMagic
  2. Splash Mountain
  3. Hall of Pres.
  4. PofC
  5. Buzz Lightyear
  6. The HM
Any suggestions on the best order to attempt this in to increase our chances of getting all six in in 4-5 hours?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

-Jim

going2oahu

I think I would start with Splash Mountain, then rotate as follows...
PofC, The HM, Hall of Pres., PhilharMagic, and Buzz Lightyear. You might even have time for SM!

Upvote 0

brent2124

PofC, The HM, Hall of Pres., PhilharMagic, and Buzz Lightyear. You might even have time for SM!
SM is closed until atleast November:shrug:

When you arive go directly to Splash for a FP. Then try and hit HM and HOP before the return if possible. Buzz and Splash will have the longest lines so if you miss a ride it would probably be one of those. Good Luck getting everything done!

Upvote 0

RussJT

My thoughts:

When you get there at noon, go right away and get fastPasses for Splash Mountain. On a hot day, that might have the longest lines. You might want to check with someone ahead of you in the FP line to see what the return times are... just in case it would be after your planned time to leave the park.

Therefore

1. get the Splash FastPass
2. Check to note starting times for Philharmagic and HOP
3. HM and PofC as soon as you can fit them in.
4. Save Buzz for last as the line for that seems to move quicker than HM and PofC
5. Use the FastPass during the alloted return time.
6. See you shows - try to play to arrive right when the doors are opening for a show... unless it looks like there is a long wait to get it.

If you plan it right you can definitely fit everything in.

Upvote 0

fosse76

2. Check to note starting times for Philharmagic and HOP

They are continuous...I don't think they have starting times.
going2oahu said:

Space Mountain is closed through late November. Other than that, that would be my suggestion.

1. I would take the train to Frontierland and grab a FP for Splash Mountain
2. Pirates is the next closest attraction, so I would go to that first.
3. After Pirates I would head over to Hall of Presidents...or if the line for HM isn't long head for that first and then go to Hall of Presidents.
4. After HM, if you have reached you FP return time, go back to Splash Mountain.
5. After Splash Mountain, or not, go to Mickey's Philharmagic
6. Buzz Lightyear
7. Splash Mountain, if you hadn't already gone.

Basically, you're going to want to minimize the back and forth through the park, so hit the attractions up in order.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom