idea on refillable mugs

Cmdr_Crimson

They’re not doing refills in parks…it would mess with the pricing dynamics and they actually don’t want mugs lugged around all over the place
The weird thing is they do sell a travel mug in the parks similar to the resort mugs at the smaller kiosks. However, they aren't refillable but, they do have a refillable mug out at the water parks that you can fill up on your own at the refill stations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The weird thing is they do sell a travel mug in the parks similar to the resort mugs at the smaller kiosks. However, they aren't refillable but, they do have a refillable mug out at the water parks that you can fill up on your own at the refill stations.
Water parks are small and the exception…don’t think they want those plastic things falling off if rides and clunking around

Waterparks also have a “base” for each person…by default

Raxel7851

Probably right, but I would appreciate if Disney (and the other Orlando parks) could at least install more easily accessible water-filling stations (with free cups available) throughout the parks. The Florida sun is brutal and seeing people wiped out/down for the count at the parks is not fun.

Visited Hersheypark a few weeks ago and they had soda/water stations easily accessible and convenient stations throughout.
It would definitely be nice to have more water filling stations. I guess at $3.50 for a bottle of water, we probably won’t be seeing them though. I bought a case of 32 bottles of water at Lowe’s last week for $4.97. Granted it wasn’t Dasani, but it was wet.

DisneyDreamer08

Probably right, but I would appreciate if Disney (and the other Orlando parks) could at least install more easily accessible water-filling stations (with free cups available) throughout the parks. The Florida sun is brutal and seeing people wiped out/down for the count at the parks is not fun.

Visited Hersheypark a few weeks ago and they had soda/water stations easily accessible and convenient stations throughout.
100% this. It should definitely be easier to get free cups of water. Every quick service and snack cart should just have little tables set up for people to grab and go.

esskay

From a business point of view it makes zero sense for Disney to allow refillable mugs in the parks. Not to mention it would be a logistical nightmare. The coke freestyle machines would be a non-starter as the syrup containers are extremely small so they'd need refilling every half hour. Even if you go back to the standard fountain machines, they occupy a ton of space for the compressor, syrup boxes etc. As a youth I worked in a well known fast food chain and the Coke syrup boxes came on a pallet. If you can imagine the size of a palet and make it into a square cube that was the size of 1 syrup box, just for coke, it would last a day or two at best. Now multiply that by the ~12 or so drinks you see on offer and you quickly realise you cant just drop these in small spaces around the parks.

The cynic in me also says the resort refillable mugs are intentionally made to have leaky lids to stop people carrying around a drink in them at the parks so you'll buy a drink instead.

Personally I'd rather see more of the newer filtered water bottle refill stations around the parks.

NickCarr

We got free mugs on one trip. The first day, we got coffee/water in the morning and went to the parks. I carried those mugs around all day. We drank coffee in the room for the rest of the stay. It was just way too much stuff to carry around for us.

Jon81uk

From a business point of view it makes zero sense for Disney to allow refillable mugs in the parks. Not to mention it would be a logistical nightmare. The coke freestyle machines would be a non-starter as the syrup containers are extremely small so they'd need refilling every half hour. Even if you go back to the standard fountain machines, they occupy a ton of space for the compressor, syrup boxes etc. As a youth I worked in a well known fast food chain and the Coke syrup boxes came on a pallet. If you can imagine the size of a palet and make it into a square cube that was the size of 1 syrup box, just for coke, it would last a day or two at best. Now multiply that by the ~12 or so drinks you see on offer and you quickly realise you cant just drop these in small spaces around the parks.

The cynic in me also says the resort refillable mugs are intentionally made to have leaky lids to stop people carrying around a drink in them at the parks so you'll buy a drink instead.

Personally I'd rather see more of the newer filtered water bottle refill stations around the parks.
Yet somehow the Universal parks manage to find space for all that Freestyle infrastructure.

J4546

My gf and I bring a metal insulated water bottle when I go to parks and its great! It fits in her small backpack and keeps water cold all day. there are enough water filling stations (though there could always be more) that its not much of a hassle to fill it back up throughout the day.

Also, (not shaming or trying to sound like a holier than thou but I probably will) soda is gross, its terrible for your body, full of sugar, and if people drank more actual water instead of flavored sugar water their overall health would be a lot better.

also, its free

Disstevefan1

No RFID chips in the Coronado Springs resort mugs apparently?

Family just got back from Coronado Springs resort for the pin event (spent far too much money, don't want to talk about it) but the resort mugs DID NOT HAVE RFID chips, freely fill resort mugs or non resort mugs.

ppete1975

If disney cared about the environment like they say they do. No shopping bags at disney stores, paper straws (now no straws no lids) they would a) make the cups bigger b) make the rfid chip rechargeable

By making them bigger you would use them outside of the park. A cute souvenir to remind you of your trip. But at 12 oz these are rarely used outside the park

If they were rechargeable (basically you could add time) then each time you we t you could pay for another week. Maybe it saved you 5 dollars (still this is pure profit for disney)

Changing these 2 things would limit plastic waste and keep them out of landfills and not cost disney anything.

John park hopper

I used to be a big soda and sweet tea drinker then my A1C went up to 6.2 stopped drinking all that fructose sugar laden soda and tea and just drink ice water ----A1C dropped to 5.8-- really prefer ice water now. Disney charge whatever you want for mugs

NelleBelle

I used to be a big soda and sweet tea drinker then my A1C went up to 6.2 stopped drinking all that fructose sugar laden soda and tea and just drink ice water ----A1C dropped to 5.8-- really prefer ice water now. Disney charge whatever you want for mugs
I’d kill for an A1C of 6.2! When I became a T1 diabetic, I gave up milk, juice…basically only drink water and a cup of coffee 1x/day. While I think the mugs are cute, I have zero need for one, sadly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d kill for an A1C of 6.2! When I became a T1 diabetic, I gave up milk, juice…basically only drink water and a cup of coffee 1x/day. While I think the mugs are cute, I have zero need for one, sadly.
I ask the question because when I started, If you were under 8.0 they’d do cartwheels down the hall for you…

My how things have changed

It’s “red alert” at 6.0 and people are talking about living to 100…

I guess that’s “progress”? 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom