Idea for resurrecting ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Bubby_the_Tour_

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I just came back from a trip to the World, and I was shocked to see that they had taken away the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. I asked a cast member what happened, and he said that they took it away 3 years ago and replaced it in 2004 with the Stitch's Great Escape. So shocked was I, that I did not even bother to go to the SGE exhibit.

I am so shocked, because I went back in 1995 to the Magic Kingdom, and AE was my favorite attraction!!! And now, alas, I can never go back again.

I have been doing a little bit of research since I've gotten back, and I have read that Stitch's Great Escape has come under a lot of criticism and has recieved poor reviews by almost everyone, so this is my idea to bring it back.

I understand that AE was taken down because it was too scary & stuff, so my idea would be to ramp up the minimum age requirement to 10, and have an area cordoned off so that people could leave their kids under 10
in a room with, oh say, tiny couches and a TV playing old Disney Steam Boat Willie cartoons or the Aristocats or Fantasia or something.

The age requirement would need to be reinforced much harder. That would prevent any... accidents.

Please, do any of you know how my message can get heard to the people up top who make all of these decisions? I really want to get my voice heard!!! I may not be the first person with this idea, but I definetly am the most determined. Please help!!!

I think imposing age requirements on any attraction at Disney is a bad idea (yes, I know they do it with some of the behind the scenes tours to preserve the magic). I think it should always be left up to parent's discretion. Now, I do agree with height standards for safety reasons.

The chance of us seeing AE come back is pretty much nill. I'm surprised that you didn't even ride Stitch, I personally think AE was much better. However Stitch isn't horrible. A lot of people complain about the chili dog smell. But, I believe the biggest complaint is it simply isn't AE.

I really can't believe that Disney spent all that money to change it, to ever change it back to what it was, sorry.

Space Mountain

Surprise!

I like SGE, they over do the chili dog smell though, the 1st time is funny but after that its just plain annoying. Ill usually ride it only if it has no wait, like during EMH.

Graci23

i cant agree more..Luckily i got the chance to experience both of these attractions. AE was so much better than SGE. i found myself to be very bored on SGE and it didnt seem as real as AE felt...i do happen to like the character Stitch but i will always remember my first time on Alien Encounter and wish it was still in the Magic Kingdom !!!

Montu

Bubby_the_Tour_ said:
Please, do any of you know how my message can get heard to the people up top who make all of these decisions? I really want to get my voice heard!!! I may not be the first person with this idea, but I definetly am the most determined. Please help!!!

The "people up top" are up top because they don't care what people on internet message boards think. They (typically) make the choices that are best for the business, and plain and simple, general guest opinion of Alien Encounter was terribly low.

I agree with you. I'd love to see it come back. I think it's one of the best written theme park shows of all time. It was a brilliant mix of psychological terror and sarcastic humor that just worked so well. But Disney never liked it - it never belonged in the Magic Kingdom park to begin with, and it is NEVER coming back regardless of how many posts or letters are written. A very sad, but very true fact.

Might I recommend one thing just for crediblity's sake - do not trash an attraction you have not yourself experienced. Saying "I'm not going to see the Stitch show because it took away Alien Encounter" is nothing but a temper tantrum akin to "I'm not going to eat supper because you won't let me have ice cream." An educated person will experienece every attraction regardless of what it once was or should still be, and then have an opinion / comparision involving it. Next time before you jump, go see Stitch first. THEN come back and tell us how horrible it is. Really, you could type a form letter now and just send it later - I'm certainly not denying it's an awful attraction, though I think you can see my point.

ok i nvr rode AE because i was too scared and i rode SGE and i hated it... i was on there with 3 year olds and i was the only one who came off cryin call me a chicken i know but still it was just plain scary oh and i thought it smelled like rotten shrimp linguine

Parkerbexar

AE did not have a Disney feel to the ride the whole time you were strapped in kids were screaming. Stitch is one of my favorite characters but even I think they can do something better with him then placing him in a plastic tube and turning off the lights. If I was rating both rides for the over all goodness of the park I would rate SGE higher than AE just due to the fact that it’s a FAMILY park and you don’t want your kids thinking they are about to get eaten by an awful monster and you also don’t want to leave your kids on a couch watching TV on a FAMILY vacation. :cool:

TwoTigersMom

Bubby_the_Tour_ said:
I understand that AE was taken down because it was too scary & stuff, so my idea would be to ramp up the minimum age requirement to 10, and have an area cordoned off so that people could leave their kids under 10
in a room with, oh say, tiny couches and a TV playing old Disney Steam Boat Willie cartoons or the Aristocats or Fantasia or something

I'm not commenting on either AE or SGE, as I haven't experienced either. From a parents stand point, this area would not be necessary for any attraction. No parent in there right mind would leave their child in such an area. Babyswap is a perfect way for parents to experience an attraction. Even if this area was attended by a CM, it's still to risky to be done in a theme park environment.

Bubby_the_Tour_

Original Poster
Thanks you guys for responding so quickly.

So I guess I pretty much have no chance of doing... anything at all? :(

Ah well, is there any one at the top whom I can send a real (snail mail) letter to? I've got almost nothing to win, but I also have nothing to lose (except for 37 cents, a piece of paper, some toner, and an envelope LOL!!!

And also, is there anywhere where I can acquire a good (it doesn't have to be x-treme High Definition or anything, but it has to be a decent video tape showing all that goes on) recording or DVD or .avi file of the attraction taking place?

hammysammy59

Now, I don't have the hardcore hate for Stitch's Great Escape, I love the character and I'm glad Disney has embraced what makes him cool.

However, SGE as an attraction is pretty limp. Especially when you compare it to AE. If I had it my way, they'd let it run a few more years, and then bulldoze it and put something completely new in there. Something really futuristic and cool... maybe a ' dark ride, especially since we'll have the Laugh Floor covering the Tomorrowland in shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom