Idea for a possible Aliens themed land based on LV-426 at Hollywood Studios

Corey

Original Poster
I had a thought for the possible expansion pad/unfinished parking lot at Disney's Hollywood Studios. If they convert the area near Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular to an Indiana Jones land, then the land in the new dirt area that may be the Star Wars Hotel could be made into a new land. Since Disney has a good working relationship with James Cameron with Pandora (i.e. the Avatar themed land), as well as 20th Century Fox, then they could make a land based on another franchise that Cameron worked on in the past.

I was thinking the land could be as detailed as Star Wars Galaxy's Edge's Batuu, but instead be based on one of the world's from the Alien franchise. I was specifically thinking of LV-426. You could have the base as depicted in Aliens with the nuclear power plant damaged because of the earlier attack by the Aliens. It would be an immersive experience. Guests could board the armored personnel carrier to get to and from the base to the nuclear reactor. From the onboard displays either on the personnel carrier or from the monitors in Operations, you could watch as the Colonial Marines battle the aliens (Xenomorphs) via their body cams. There could also be one of the drop ships from the Sulaco, that guests could board and get an experience of either blasting off into orbit (rocked by the shock wave of the nuclear power plant exploding), or being dropped from orbit bound for the planet. Nearby could be the Alien derelict that guests could explore, as well as, the landing section of the Nostromo from Alien. Guests could investigate the Nostromo as well and be forced to evacuate on a reproduction of the shuttle vehicle from Alien. The shuttle could be rocked by the shock wave of the Nostromo exploding.

This is just an idea I thought of given the possible large expansion pad. While somewhat dark for Disney, it would be something with which to challenge Universal Studios for an older audience. Hollywood Studios could thereby expand the offerings Disney has for an older clientele. Plus it would help Hollywood Studios be more of a full day park.

To give you an idea of what some of this would look like, I'm cutting and pasting a link to the trailer for Aliens: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/videoplayer/vi318412825?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_2

Last edited:

HoraceHorizons

I would love to see a Derelict on WDW Property with a great Aliens ride inside. The most obvious way to approach it to me is to use the chase sequence in the vehicle in Aliens to enter a hive and basically just have xenos attacking the vehicle as it travels through a hive and tries to retrieve something... Something along the lines of the KONG: SKULL ISLAND ride by design seems perfect to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom