ID Question (HELP)

Do you need to bring any identification with you on you trip for your child between the ages 2-8. For instance, determining whether your child is really 2? My friend is going down next week with her 3 year old and she booked her trip in January and payed for her and her son was 2 so they didnt charge for him. At the time he was 2 and he just turned 3 last month. So basically she only paid for herself to get into the parks. What should she do now?:shrug: Tell them at check in that her son is now 3 or just let it go?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can confirm it is pretty much on the honor system. Most CM's at the turnstiles will not even ask especially if that child is in a stroller. They will just let you the stroller and your child go through on one ticket.

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

Well in the State of Florida I believe it is law that all people 16 or 18 and over carry some form of ID on them at all times, so they may be asked in certain situations, but young ones you'll have no problems with.

Upvote 0

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
This may be a silly question but, Do toddlers 2 and up need any id for airplanes, like security?

Its not silly...I just asked my travel agent that yesterday and she said no when I asked if my 2 year old and 8 year old cousins needed ID for our flight.
Younger children dont need ID I guess. I really dont know the starting age though..

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Some airlines require you to have ID for a child under the age of 2, since they are usually lap children. If the child is over 2 and you bought a seat no ID is needed. If you didn't get a seat for your 2 yr old and they question their age, they will want a birth certificate to prove his/her age. I would take a birth certificate for a 2 yr old just in case, better safe than sorry. As for the 8 yr old no ID would be needed, as it would be pretty obvious the child is not a lap child.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom