Ice Rink At Downtown Disney???

carib2150

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: I have the new Passporter and it states that at Downtown Disney there is an ice rink....is this true?? and if so, where would it be???

Thanks for any and all info...will be there 12th-17th!! cant wait!

bhg469

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: I have the new Passporter and it states that at Downtown Disney there is an ice rink....is this true?? and if so, where would it be???

Thanks for any and all info...will be there 12th-17th!! cant wait!

outside in Florida? I don't think thats true.

Upvote 0

ryank007

During the winter, they used to set up a small (I use that term very literally) ice skating rink on the grassy area next to the water, right beside Bongos on the West Side. It's been a couple of years since I've been over there during this time of year, so I'm not sure if they still do that. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

wwgirl

I recall one being there, but I haven't been there in a few years. There is a product called "glice" that somewhat replicates the feeling of skating on ice - not so great but it does allow you to skate outside in any weather. I've tried it once, and being a skater, I can tell you it wasn't that great but as a novelty and to say "hey, I skated at WDW" it works - it does look like ice though.

Upvote 0
Soemone asked me about this over the weekend - quite the conicidence as we were talking about this on Thanksgiving day!

There had been one as previously described a few years ago (2001-02?) but it didn't hold up well from what I hear. I have been living here since July 2004 and have not seen one.....and I am at DTD every weekend. :xmas:

I think they are having one a Gaylord Palms this year as a part of "Ice."

Upvote 0

carib2150

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for all your replies! It was great knowing that you guys were quick on this subject! If its not there, no big deal...i just thought it was odd in FL anyways.... Its still gonna be fun none the less....

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Ducky_Love

I can't confirm or deny this. However, they do have an outdoor ice rink at Gaylord Palms this year that I have seen. So it is possible to have an outdoor rink in Florida.

I'll have to go looking for it in DTD this week.. :confused:

Upvote 0

tink rules

It wasn't there last year and with all the construction going on at PI... besides... DTD gets really crowded this time of year...

They do have Santa there so you can go and get your picture taken if you want... I want too.... BADLY!!!!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I can say that I have skated in DTD but it was several years ago...I wanna say it was on one of our pre-Christmas trips probably in the 1996-1999 range. I haven't been to WDW around xmas since 2003 but I know there definetly was NOT a skating rink that year. Although, if there had been, they wouldnt have had to work too hard to keep it frozen because every day of that trip it barely reached the high 40s and at night was in the mid 30s. Brrrrrr. :eek:

Upvote 0

justducky78

How strange! My husband and I went ice-skating yesterday and were JUST discussing this! We wondered if there was an ice rink at Disney anywhere...I was thinking there might be one at the World of Sports Complex but we had never heard of one so figured, probably not. I guess this confirms it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom