Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Longers

Original Poster
Congratulations on becoming Passholders! It’s a wonderful feeling!

It certainly is!

Congratulations on your AP!!! I thought about it when we were able to go twice this year, but "passed" on it for now.
We probably won't be going next year at all, at least that's the plan for now.
But you never know if the opportunity will show itself:)
Love your trip report.

Thanks Ruth. Sad you won’t be going this year but maybe in 2020 we can meet again and ride Splash and BTMRR together!

Longers

Original Poster
Woohoo!! Welcome to the AP club. I will agree that it has been very addicting... I renewed for this year :hilarious:

Thanks - as I’ve said before I don’t think we’ll get the use from it but so far we’re not out of pocket anyway as it cost less than our Aug ticket would have! - if I can get another trip in though - then that will be a bonus.

Longers

Original Poster
Tuesday 20th November - my birthday.

So today was to be our last full day in the park and it was my birthday.

We were both awake early - around 6.30am.
I phoned my mum via face time - she just likes to say happy birthday personally when we’re away!

By 6.45am we were ready for a run ( we were trying to work off all the food we’ve eaten) I am not a runner! But slowly I am increasing the time I spend out and I was just keen to at least do something to help work off all the ice creams.

We were soon out to the bus stop and chaos! The bus stops were super busy and there were people everywhere. Buses would arrive an people would just stand in the way and others not wanting to queue jump would not be sure if they were getting on the bus or not.
when we stayed at the all stars back in March their queuing was much better. You all know I love Riverside but they could improve the bus stop queuing.

We finally made it to the MK and then got in the wrong bag check line! Normally we don’t take a bag - in fact now thinking about it I don’t actually know why we had a bag on this day - probably just for ponchos as rain was forecast - but the lady took ages searching the bags, opening literally every zip. She was so slow! Other lines were moving far quicker - when she finally moved lines there were a few cheers from everyone in the queue. I understand the need for security bit th8ngs aren’t consistent.

Despite our delay at bag check we still made it into the park and to the hub as the park opened at 9am

We were Headed to BTMRR and joined the queue but then we bailed out just as we were entering the main queue as everyone appeared to have headed here. I know I bailed on BTMRR - I couldn’t believe we were going to leave the queue - we had a challenge and this would leave us with 1 less ride but we had a FP later so we decided rather than queuing we would do some other rides - so we headed to Splash mountain

4E5291E4-4778-4E30-8436-2CFC4E481BDD.jpeg

E3C6EBB2-A5B6-489D-9A1E-D2AE1E06959B.jpeg

We decided rather than wait for the queues to build we would go to sort out our AP Magic band and slider. When we signed up yesterday they had told us we could collect Magic bands from MK as they don’t post to the UK - also they didn’t have any sliders and told us that MK could help us out.

Success - got my slider......

31A6B49A-EB3A-4EB3-808E-003EC1BC5484.jpeg

Then stopped for some photos at the hub to celebrate. Clearly I had eaten to9 much as jumping was a struggle...

B5B79BFA-6A06-4B4A-A822-2669F7860B20.jpeg

D9272E60-03F7-47BF-96F3-B8D2D64917C3.jpeg

And I had to have a picture in front of the castle

CEC990A5-CA22-4137-A131-5CAD4FD9A87B.jpeg

We still won’t get the membership Mickey magnet though as they don’t post to the UK and no one had one they could give us :(

THen back to BTMRR we went. I was obviously going to get a ride on my birthday..

1F07F8E9-8389-4AC0-89B5-FFA5C2CC4691.jpeg

Rista1313

Tuesday 20th November - my birthday.

So today was to be our last full day in the park and it was my birthday.

We were both awake early - around 6.30am.
I phoned my mum via face time - she just likes to say happy birthday personally when we’re away!

By 6.45am we were ready for a run ( we were trying to work off all the food we’ve eaten) I am not a runner! But slowly I am increasing the time I spend out and I was just keen to at least do something to help work off all the ice creams.

We were soon out to the bus stop and chaos! The bus stops were super busy and there were people everywhere. Buses would arrive an people would just stand in the way and others not wanting to queue jump would not be sure if they were getting on the bus or not.
when we stayed at the all stars back in March their queuing was much better. You all know I love Riverside but they could improve the bus stop queuing.

We finally made it to the MK and then got in the wrong bag check line! Normally we don’t take a bag - in fact now thinking about it I don’t actually know why we had a bag on this day - probably just for ponchos as rain was forecast - but the lady took ages searching the bags, opening literally every zip. She was so slow! Other lines were moving far quicker - when she finally moved lines there were a few cheers from everyone in the queue. I understand the need for security bit th8ngs aren’t consistent.

Despite our delay at bag check we still made it into the park and to the hub as the park opened at 9am

We were Headed to BTMRR and joined the queue but then we bailed out just as we were entering the main queue as everyone appeared to have headed here. I know I bailed on BTMRR - I couldn’t believe we were going to leave the queue - we had a challenge and this would leave us with 1 less ride but we had a FP later so we decided rather than queuing we would do some other rides - so we headed to Splash mountain

View attachment 338906

View attachment 338907

We decided rather than wait for the queues to build we would go to sort out our AP Magic band and slider. When we signed up yesterday they had told us we could collect Magic bands from MK as they don’t post to the UK - also they didn’t have any sliders and told us that MK could help us out.

Success - got my slider......

View attachment 338911

Then stopped for some photos at the hub to celebrate. Clearly I had eaten to9 much as jumping was a struggle...

View attachment 338908

View attachment 338909

And I had to have a picture in front of the castle

View attachment 338910

We still won’t get the membership Mickey magnet though as they don’t post to the UK and no one had one they could give us :(

THen back to BTMRR we went. I was obviously going to get a ride on my birthday..

View attachment 338912

Oh I was so close on your Birthday in Disney Springs!!!!!!!!!

Longers

Original Poster
We also managed to fit in HM then to buzz to use another FP.

We stopped for an early lunch and as we sat down it rained we watch from the window as everyone ducked for cover. By the time we left the rain had stopped. No use for the poncho just yet.

We went to the space mountain shop to have some fun in the photo booth. Luckily there wasn’t anyone outside watching.

6C0FED55-50DA-4B20-B9AB-4434E6D7ADD0.jpeg

1F8B6F12-1DD5-4A72-BF07-D755EDC82457.jpeg

2BECA00F-4801-4277-B57A-0DA2860B7492.jpeg

Thena quick purple wall selfie

9E4D0A14-4311-4F09-AC8A-2278EEFDD83B.jpeg

We headed to play a sorcerer window then jumped on our last FP 7DMT

5E96EEC5-0BEC-4571-B6C8-F51D0C8D822C.jpeg

Obviously it was then time for ice cream - a peppermint sundae which today they were making with green ice cream? It was still yummy though.

C4D136B9-CDE3-4DBE-AE0A-58C20BBE4D7E.jpeg

We then walked to the judges tent and then to the Main Street shops, we headed to the firehouse to collect our sorcerer cards as we had 5 missing for a complete set. We got talking to the cast member and he found 4 of them for us - we gave him all our duplicates for sharing with other guests. When we opened our new packets we had the final card we were missing - yay we had a full set!

Longers

Original Poster
So what’s the other thing I love to do apart from BTMRR?

Yes watch a parade! Took a picture of this while we waited

D63C8173-6DB2-4916-A844-A42FF459248B.jpeg

4E602ED2-808E-472D-97C3-B7AC3C064B9A.jpeg

D1C3D200-F3C4-4EC4-BFA1-93C0B3B6E515.jpeg

Then we headed to splash mountain to go into the shop as we had seen a t shirt and mug we wanted to buy.

1471861A-B176-4007-81E3-C1ADDAFECC11.jpeg

And then we headed back to the confectionery for some dryer link @Tuvalu - sorry

51DCE878-FF54-4DD9-8041-6F4EF73C9F4E.jpeg

5FBED0F1-78B2-4718-8AE2-DD34A4FC8070.jpeg

It was about 4pm by this time so we headed out As we had further plans for this evening.

63D923BB-DF4D-45BC-ACE6-8E433BC01658.jpeg

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
We headed back to Riverside and Packed some of our suitcase and then went to the food court and the shop to get some snacks from our dining plan to pack in the suitcase.

Chris sister face timed us from New Zealand which was nice and we then headed back out to Epcot.

We arrived shortly after 7.30pm and the ticket booth was already closed, we parked where we liked so obviously we drove as far to the front we could! Have to save those legs for later.

DEE3997D-A96C-4E68-BAB0-1F62E9EB6449.jpeg

7FB635A1-C660-4452-BC20-CD944330E1C2.jpeg

38BB0EB2-7A33-4C0B-83E5-296FB4E23A59.jpeg

1CC5A16B-D298-4C45-9C6D-20083B60FDFB.jpeg

Ok clearly we need to master this one

34AEBB2A-5982-444A-A364-4B127A1F6F05.jpeg

We had a quick look in Mouse gear and then headed to World Showcase - you know we must walked around here so many times when we come but it never gets old.

BB71F5FC-3B83-4365-98A6-963847A6B3D5.jpeg

965198F8-0B2B-449A-8127-96CC6E334BB6.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
BCC0689E-E2E7-4A13-BC2E-17D2E01F2457.jpeg

F6D7A136-244F-4508-85D8-BE7C76BC2D2A.jpeg

I may have had a little cry as the fireworks ended.
I can’t remember the last time I spent a full day in the Disney parks on my birthday - we normally leave on my birthday I’d it falls near to thanksgiving weekend etc but this year we decided to stay - yes it was busier the last few days but I didn’t care.
Right in that moment I was content and very happy. It was the perfect end to a lovely day.

0A1E65DF-4473-4C7E-AD87-8C8336F606BB.jpeg

29A03590-D4E3-4CA1-AED3-E4BE6F523DCF.jpeg

We started to head out but noticed no queue for spaceship earth and it’s was an extra magic hour - I looked at Chris and just said “fancy it, come on?” He obliged - it was my birthday after all.

74408352-F70B-441C-B9BB-3C3A92BCC38E.jpeg

C6C266D5-D53F-4F45-AA63-4626DDE01DE6.jpeg

613F324D-4BD2-4412-A98C-BBE012FDA21C.jpeg

We finished our ride and although I was tempted to make use of the EMH we agreed that as we had a long travel day tomorrow we needed to get to bed.

S9 back to POR we went to finish packing and to get some sleep.

Rista1313

View attachment 339135

View attachment 339136

I may have had a little cry as the fireworks ended.
I can’t remember the last time I spent a full day in the Disney parks on my birthday - we normally leave on my birthday I’d it falls near to thanksgiving weekend etc but this year we decided to stay - yes it was busier the last few days but I didn’t care.
Right in that moment I was content and very happy. It was the perfect end to a lovely day.

View attachment 339137

View attachment 339138

We started to head out but noticed no queue for spaceship earth and it’s was an extra magic hour - I looked at Chris and just said “fancy it, come on?” He obliged - it was my birthday after all.

View attachment 339140

View attachment 339141

View attachment 339142

We finished our ride and although I was tempted to make use of the EMH we agreed that as we had a long travel day tomorrow we needed to get to bed.

S9 back to POR we went to finish packing and to get some sleep.

Traveling on American Thanksgiving? Did they serve you Turkey dinner on the plane?

Longers

Original Poster
Wednesday 21st Nov

The worst day ever! Leaving day,

The alarm went off playing Shakira - try everything - No That’s the music to signal we are coming not that we are leaving.

I made a comment out loud we shouldn’t be leaving and then........ an email from Virgin, our flight had been cancelled!

Now normally I would be jumping up and down at that news an extra day in Disney (now we are AP’) but the parks were busy and I had a funeral to get back to. Which before I came away I thought I would miss, then heard it was the day we were landing so I was pleased I wouldn’t be missing it. But this news meant I would be missing it again.

We started panicking anyway around al” the logistics - we hadn’t booked a package holiday, where would we sleep? how did we extend the car? etc.

I face timed my mum and cried - I wouldn’t make a 1pm funeral

I left Mum and we started searching - she was checking her end to see if she could find anything and she said the day before the flight had been cancelled. Our app was saying the flight was still going. Orlando airport said the flight was cancelled. - everything seemed to be giving us mixed messages.

Mum phoned virgin who said the flight was cancelled and we should head to the airport and there would be overnight, a meal and buses to ferry us to our accommodation all sorted.

We then got a text to say the flight was leaving but later than normal

Our app was saying cancelled so we literally didn’t know what to do!

We then had a brainwave and decided to go to Disney Springs check in (thank goodness they do that as it wasn’t far to go to try to get a proper update) we went to the front desk to explain our situation, they were fully booked tonight but they said they would of course try to help us find somewhere if we didn’t get any joy with Virgin. They extended our room to try to take some of the pressure off while we tried to get sorted and we both headed to the springs.

They confirmed the flight was going but it would be delayed until about 3 hours later than scheduled.

So we headed back to the resort to pack and finally left our room at 11am.... still not fully sure what was going on or what time our flight was going.

leaving Riverside was a heart wrenching moment.

1F3DB7AC-7C4B-43FE-9FE5-FDCEE08454DB.jpeg

9477839B-B5E8-48B7-874B-F5796412C135.jpeg

48CC775F-C75B-4322-A6E9-A5C9D7A22F3C.jpeg

BC6E4E32-4738-4FD2-B806-6F9D5BAA1666.jpeg

We headed to MK (via the front desk to tell them we had vacated and thanks for their help in extending the room while we tried to find out what was going on)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom