iCan Robot; Out of Place?

Bairstow

I think that the ultra low tech PUSH had more charm any day of the week. Even Francis the inanimate Epcot robot had WOW! factor.

iCan, not so much... I think he would be more at place in a mall or at a fair on display.

I hope a canopy tent awaits iCan in the future Tomorrowland.

Maybe Imagineering can get to work on a roaming Timekeeper and 9 eyes.

Some of it may just be iCan's actor getting his bearing in the park. He's been doing the character in that suit for a couple years now but I'm sure there's some things he'll adjust as he settles into it.

Also, who knows how long his engagement with Disney is. This may just be a month-long trial, like that walk-around raptor suit guy in Dinoland last year

HMF

May be referring to the Buzz Lightyear ride the Incredibles dance party.

Although, why these should be more out of place than the Stitch ride, I couldn't say.
Stitch is an alien so he fits.( at least in the 94 aesthetic) It's just the attraction is horrible.

Clamman73

Ok. Looking at it again...definetly '94 Tomorrowland...
IMG_1294.JPG

WDWTank

If he were any more stuck in the 90's, he'd be sponsored by the Burger King Kids' Club and handing out free AOL CDs.
Actually, a lot of things trending now are/were from the 90s. Like virtual reality and overalls, etc. Also there is a growing demand for a retro market, look up things such as the pinball resurgence, even though pinball was not really big in the 90s. :)

Eckert

I think he seems out of place because there aren't any roaming entertainment characters anywhere else apart from him and Main Street.

bethymouse

Well, he might be "out of place" for some, but it made my Mom's day. She's 76 years old,, and in a scooter. He asked her to dance, and it was the sweetest thing.:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just returned from a vacation in WDW. I hadn't seen iCan in TomorrowLand before, but I can share that he had quite a crowd around him. There was a lot of laughter, and I noticed that children really enjoyed interacting with him. So, even if he isn't the most modern robot character, he still appears to be popular with the guests.

WEDwaydatamover

I don't think iCan is a bad fit for Tomorrowland do to technology. In my opinion there just simply isn't anything charming or magical about the experience.

A roaming trash can was however...

TDO should pick a different robot from the Radio Shack catalog if they are out of in-house design ideas.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom