IASW: Should I Stay Or Should I Go

What Would You Like To See Happen To IASW?

• Keep It! It's A Classic And I Love It!

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Trash It. It's Old, Boring, And Those Dolls Scare Me.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Rehab It: Gut It, Give It A New Soundtrack, Animatronics, And Effects.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I Don't Care Either Way

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

goofyguy

I don't love it, but I still ride it every time I go. Sure it's outdated and cheesy, but it's one of those attractions that just screams "Disney." I know many people who couldn't name a single other attraction at WDW, but they know about IASW. It's an essential part of the Disney history. Plus, it's one of those rare attractions that can be enjoyed by people of ANY age.

Ellen Ripley

i know this won't be a popular opinion....but i say gut it.
i have never liked this ride, not even when i was four. i have trouble understanding why cop seems to be on the way out, the mickey mouse revue is long gone, 20,000 leagues, even adventures thru inner space (which i never got to see) have been retired, but iasw still stands. i know it is classic disney and all, but i just don't think it is an entertaining ride. unlike other classic rides, i've never felt transported to another time and place by it, not even when i was small.

as far as updating it, i'm not very happy with the tiki room update. i think that attraction was fine the way it was, and in a way i think the tiki update makes the ride seem more outdated. if this is the kind of update they would do on iasm , where all of the attraction components are kept, and a few new ones are added, i'm not convinced it would be money well spent.

on the other hand, i am tired of rides being taken down without there being a replacement put in their place (20,000 leagues). if space is not an issue at the kingdom and some people still enjoy the ride, keep it running as is, and add more attractions to the park/s.

in closing, i am not opposed to iasm continuing to run at disney, but i don't think an update is worth it, use the money for new attractions.

MicBat

Originally posted by Horizons38
I voted rehab it ! Stitch needs to get in there and replace those dolls !:lol: To Erika : Great Avatar !

I can see it now!... "It's a Small World: Under New Management!"
:lol:

I voted "I dont care either way" b/c it is annoying, but its also very relaxing after you've been walking around the parks for 12 hours.

Glasgow

Make it like Buzz Lightyear where you can shoot at everything! lol

Just kidding. I say gut it though .. never liked this ride. Nothing funny, nothing exciting. Definitely needs a rehab

PaisleyMF

A replacement... Take it off... A Classic Disney Ride just like Pirates Of The Carribean or Carousel of Progress... Classic WD at his best... For the Song a Sherman / Sherman song... maybe that would give it some new life a whole new recorded score for the song, give more feeling to the ride, turn some like a Dark ride... revamp the damn ride... or just KILL IT
IMHO...

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by MicBat
I can see it now!... "It's a Small World: Under New Management!"
:lol:

I voted "I dont care either way" b/c it is annoying, but its also very relaxing after you've been walking around the parks for 12 hours.

Exactly what this ride needs : Stitch !:D

Cliff

Rehab it.

Needs lasers, rear projected Hi Definition backdrops/ countryscapes, new multi-jointed dolls, smoke fx with broadcast holograms, propane fire on water, interactive touch screen computer panals in baot, new soundtrack featuring AeroSmith.

The new sets should also reflect the current events and trends in each country's society. Example: Dolls from Afghanistan should be covered from head to toe in "Burkas"...etc.

Just kidding. Off all the classic attractions at Disney, this is the only one I can't stand. However, I do realize it is important and should stay. Just use more chlorine in that water!

CT : - )

Ya know.. i'd really like to say i like this ride. But i can't..:lol: Back in 2000 when we went, we hit every ride there was. And just my ill fated luck, we GOT STUCK IN THERE FOR 30 MINS!!!!!! Now, i'm sure if you just make the normal passage, and end the pain quickly that it would be ok.. BUT NOT FOR 30 MINS IN BETWEEN ALL THOSE EERY DOLLS!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And no i'm not bitter.. can you tell??? hehehehehe

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Keep it! To get rid of it is like stepping on Walt! :lol: The whole grandness of the ride is it's simplicity. Atleast keep it until I have kids and they can ride it once. :p

KathyG/poohbear

I know you have heard of comfort foods well this is a comfort ride. One of my earliest memories is riding a similar attraction at the NY World's Fair. It was a happy time and we were temporarily living in CT.

In March my whole family went down including my brothers and their kids. The first ride we rode was IASM and the last ride we rode was the same. You should have seen my nieces and nephews singing along and dancing with the characters. It is a memory I will never forget.

These kids had never been to Disney and this ride was the ultimate to them.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
I know you have heard of comfort foods well this is a comfort ride. One of my earliest memories is riding a similar attraction at the NY World's Fair. It was a happy time and we were temporarily living in CT.

In March my whole family went down including my brothers and their kids. The first ride we rode was IASM and the last ride we rode was the same. You should have seen my nieces and nephews singing along and dancing with the characters. It is a memory I will never forget.

These kids had never been to Disney and this ride was the ultimate to them.
*does the HAPPY DANCE*:sohappy: :kiss:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
While I'm not a big fan of the ride, it is one ride that I remember clearly (along with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) from when I was a kid. I think if there is one ride that is going to stay old fashioned and simple as a reminder of the old days as everything else becomes injected with more energy, this is a good choice.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by garyhoov
While I'm not a big fan of the ride, it is one ride that I remember clearly (along with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) from when I was a kid. I think if there is one ride that is going to stay old fashioned and simple as a reminder of the old days as everything else becomes injected with more energy, this is a good choice.

also, i imagine you wouldn't want to see it go anywhere since it is your son's favorite attraction.

goofyman

It's a must see, and a tradition that should NEVER go away. somethings should not change and should be enjoyed for all the future

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by bamboo7
also, i imagine you wouldn't want to see it go anywhere since it is your son's favorite attraction.

:lol: Yeah: "Eat your vegetables or I'm going to make you go on It's a Small World."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom