IASW Introducing Dolls in Wheelchairs

Angel Ariel

s that go to Disney that wheelchair might not actually even be the largest one... but because it is one of the easiest ones to use that people won't miss they used it...
But it’s also one that is readily communicable and relatable to a vast audience. Not all people who’ve used wheelchairs are permanently disabled. DD’s disability doesn’t require wheelchair usage, but she’s been in one for 6+ weeks after breaking her leg. many able bodied people have had similar experiences.

Californian Elitist

And we used to be endlessly lectured on not saying "black people" for the preferred "African-Americans".

Making up rules is fun!
I’ve learned to not engage with you on these topics. Pick up some books, read some articles, take some courses at your local community college, etc. for engagement.

Have a good day.

phillip9698

Well a great example of it is how corporation focus on hiring blacks to show how diverse they are. They often ignore other minorities and only try to focus on blacks... On paper when they say how diverse they are by boasting about the percent of minorities they have it might look fine and dandy, but when you dig deeper and realize their minority group is only black and ignores Hispanics, Native Americans, Asians and every other group and they only focus on going to black colleges for recruiting their diversity representation... Well yes that highlights what BS it is when a company does one thing to represent a much wider group. I suspect if you looked at the people with handicaps that go to Disney that wheelchair might not actually even be the largest one... but because it is one of the easiest ones to use that people won't miss they used it... Pretty much the reason some companies focus on hiring blacks to signal how diverse they are... god knows some Native American or Hispanic might not look enough like a minority to show the world how diverse they are.

Wow, i frequent a lot of message boards but i didnt expect to read about the blacks on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas998

Clearly you’re the one that is clueless and has no idea how the stock market works. There is no direct connection between share price and revenue/profit/success. They are related… yes, but not directly connected. Disney is not bleeding. They aren’t loosing money. The fact that analysts wanted their profits to be higher doesn't mean there profits didn’t exist.
When a company tells analyst they are going to X and make less than X it means they were losing money. Disney was and is bleeding cash. If you don't understand how stock prices reflect the health a business go educate yourself.

thomas998

Please write “black people” and not “blacks.” The latter has historically negative connotations and can be offensive.
And eventually "black people" will have the same connotations. People with a chip on their shoulder love to try and tell the world what words should be used only for the next generations to be offended by that word or phrase as well. So frankly, no. If people want to be offended by someone saying blacks instead of black people they need to suck it up and stop being a drama queen.

Smiley/OCD

So are purity tests.

Do they picture amputees on parking spots for the handicapped?

No.

What image is used?

A person in a wheelchair.

This has, for better or worse, become the default universal symbol for differently-abled people.

So it makes sense that adding two kids in wheelchairs to iasw *represents* all differently-abled people.
It’s amazing how facts don’t matter to fit a narrative…I’ll have to let my friend who stripes parking lots know that he’s gonna need a WHOLE BUNCH OF DIFFERENT STENCILS

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

When a company tells analyst they are going to X and make less than X it means they were losing money. Disney was and is bleeding cash. If you don't understand how stock prices reflect the health a business go educate yourself.
I’m no MBA, but I owned my own business and you have as Dean Wormer would say “0.0” business acumen. If Disney tells analysts they’re expecting to make (for example), 25 billion in profits and it’s announced that they only made 20, it doesn’t mean they LOST 5 billion, they just didn’t earn 25. If they LOST 5 billion instead of earning 20, then there’d be a problem. Go to Amazon and buy yourself a copy of Business for Dummies or Economics for Dummies…and watch out for that apple…that doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Californian Elitist

And eventually "black people" will have the same connotations. People with a chip on their shoulder love to try and tell the world what words should be used only for the next generations to be offended by that word or phrase as well. So frankly, no. If people want to be offended by someone saying blacks instead of black people they need to suck it up and stop being a drama queen.
I said what I said. Whether you want to be ignorant, rude, and disrespectful, that’s on you. I did my part.

thomas998

I’m no MBA, but I owned my own business and you have as Dean Wormer would say “0.0” business acumen. If Disney tells analysts they’re expecting to make (for example), 25 billion in profits and it’s announced that they only made 20, it doesn’t mean they LOST 5 billion, they just didn’t earn 25. If they LOST 5 billion instead of earning 20, then there’d be a problem. Go to Amazon and buy yourself a copy of Business for Dummies or Economics for Dummies…and watch out for that apple…that doesn’t fall far from the tree.
If you tell the analyst you are going to make 25 billion then you better make 25 billion or more. If you only make 20 billion then they view it as you lost 5 billion which you did based on the plan you presented to them that showed 25 billion. You may have had your own little business but I worked in a large corporation that actually had shareholders and had to worry with analyst expectations. So go try to education yourself before you talk about something you have no clue about. You might just realize you need that book for dummies for yourself. My garbage man has his own business but he doesn't understand big business.

Smiley/OCD

If you tell the analyst you are going to make 25 billion then you better make 25 billion or more. If you only make 20 billion then they view it as you lost 5 billion which you did based on the plan you presented to them that showed 25 billion. You may have had your own little business but I worked in a large corporation that actually had shareholders and had to worry with analyst expectations. So go try to education yourself before you talk about something you have no clue about. You might just realize you need that book for dummies for yourself. My garbage man has his own business but he doesn't understand big business.
Hey, there’s an opening for a new Disney CEO….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom