I would love to hear thoughts on my plans! Thanks :-)

indycindy

My girls are 7 and almost 10 years old and we are going to WDW for the first time this coming October. We are SOOOOOOOO excited and have everything planned.....trading pins purchased, pressed penny books ready, autograph books, matching t-shirts, MNSSHP costumes ready - EVERYTHING! I had originally planned on buying the Deluxe Dining plan, but decided that would be way too much food for us. So, we downgraded. We will split some meals and pay cash for some meals (some breakfasts), but the Dining plan will cover our character meals, buffets, and expensive dinners. I don't have every counter service meal listed on my plans, because I know that we will probably get hungry at "unplanned" times, and at those times, we will probably split counter service meals. We are big on sharing food in my family ;-)

I would LOVE to hear any thoughts or opinions you have on our plans. We are not using park hopper tickets.

Friday in October - Flight arrives around 5:30 pm
check in - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Go to bed early

Saturday in October
Chef Mickey's
Fun Time Buffet Breakfast– 7:00 AM
MK - Rope drop
Follow personalize touring plan from Touringplans.com
Lunch at Be Our Guest around 1:30 and then back to CSR to rest
Dinner at Wolfgang Puck in DTD - and Back to MK by 7:30 electric street parade, magic, memories, and you, and Wishes!

Sunday in October
We will have some snack, that I bring from home, in our room for breakfast - maybe Pepper Market if there is timw.
We are going to go to 7:30 am mass at Mary Queen of the Universe. We will have to take a taxi both ways. Hope to be back at AK by 9:00 rope drop.
We are going to follow a personalized touring plan from touringplans.com.
We will have an EARLY Lunch counter service - maybe Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ counter service
Boma - Flavors of Africa Dinner– 6:10 PM
Back to resort to go to be early because we have MNSSHP tomorrow night

Monday in October
Olivia's Cafe
Breakfast in Old Key West– 7:30 AM
Epcot at Rope Drop
Following a personalized touring plan from touringplans.com.
Tutto Italia Lunch– 1:00 PM
Then go back to resort to rest until MNSSHP
Go to MK at about 6:00pm for MNSSHP

Tuesday in October
Sleep in and have a late breakfast
Kona Cafe Breakfast at Polynesian Resort– 10:35 AM
MK after a late breakfast
Snacks if we get hungry - maybe split a counter service meal
Return to CSR at about 4:30 to rest and change into Cinderella dress.
Fairytale Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table 8:35 PM.
Watch fireworks from inside the castle :)

Wednesday in October
Boma - Flavors of Africa Breakfast
– 7:30 AM
Disney's Hollywood Studios at rope drop
Plan to stay at HS all day and eat at whatever counter service restaurant looks good (any recommendations?)
Fantasmic!– 7:30 PM

Thursday in October
Captain's Grille Breakfast
at Yacht Club Resort – 7:30 AM
Epcot at rope drop
For lunch we will use snack credits at Food and Wine!
Unless we are exhausted, we will try to stay all day since this is our next-to-the-last day of our trip
Chefs de France Dinner– 7:30 PM
Illuminations!

Friday, October 18, 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – Check Out
Breakfast at Pepper Grill in Coronado Springs Resort
Rope drop at MK
Crystal Palace A Buffet with Character Lunch– 2:35 PM
Fly home at around 7:00pm

Last edited:

stevehousse

Your plans sound great, however I have never heard of someone leaving the resort to go to church on vacation?!? :confused:

I'm sure the big guy would understand if you ha to miss...

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yay CSR! It is my favorite moderate resort! Ill be there myself in 12 days! I will warn you ahead of time. That getting from CSR to DTD can take a while.
I see your having lunch at Tutto Italia on monday, will you be heading to Epcot that day?

Upvote 0

indycindy

Original Poster
Oops, yes, Epcot on Monday - I edited to add that.

Catholics can't miss mass. It is considered a mortal sin. Just part of our religion. Even on vacation, we have to find a Catholic church to attend. Only exception is if we are sick. :)

Upvote 0

indycindy

Original Poster
Hmmmmm, we might skip DTD then - I just wanted to see as many different places and resorts as possible and I had read that Wolfgang Puck was a great counter service restaurant, so I thought maybe we would take that opportunity to visit DTD.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Hmmmmm, we might skip DTD then - I just wanted to see as many different places and resorts as possible and I had read that Wolfgang Puck was a great counter service restaurant, so I thought maybe we would take that opportunity to visit DTD.

I would not skip DTD. maybe you could leave the MK a little earlier sinnce you will be returning for MNSSHP and on your last day. Just do it all! :)

Upvote 0

Jamie J

Are you renting a car? Your plans look great, however, it might be a little hard getting to the early breakfasts at the other hotels without a car (other than Chef Mickey because you can just take the MK bus and walk over)...

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

Are you using Magical Express? Your lunch res on your last day is at 2:35 PM, and your flight is at 7:00 PM? This may be cutting it close if you are taking DME. They like to pick you up 3 hours before your flight, that means a 4:00 pickup. You probably won't make it back to CSR that soon after lunch.

Upvote 0

CrazyDisneyLady

Are you renting a car or using taxis each morning? With all your early morning reservations you will have a hard time getting to them on time.

Upvote 0

indycindy

Original Poster
Flight leaves at 7:40. Thank you for the advice, I changed my Crystal Palace reservations to 2:15. I think that will give us enought time to eat and get back the resort to catch the ME.

We are not taking a taxi to our early morning ADRs, but I have spoken the the conceierge and he assured me that if I have a reservation, they will make sure that I get there on time. It's kind of their responsibility. Apparently they do early morning shuttles. But not to a church offsite, or course, so we ARE taking a taxi to that :)

Changing my DTD plans for sure. figuring out a different time to go :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom