I work at the disney store and it's not all magic and pixie dust

Pioneer Hall

Far from the 'Disney ways' of operation. I am curious if the stores has the same policies the theme parks do. At the parks, ALL cast members are supposed to treat each other with respect. Managers make cast member happy, cast member makes guest happy. But I know for some, that's a hard concept.

As for 'hearing the other side'. any manager that says 'you are a pain in the ______ and it's your fault we aren't making money' is very unprofessional by ANY standard (let alone, Disney). I would say something in the lines of, 'well, we could use better direction'.

From what I hear about a lot of the management in the parks...what is said and what is done are very different things. I have heard that managers to the front line cast can be very rude and hard to work for. Of course not all of them are like this, but from the stories I have heard here and elsewhere it seems to be a fairly common occurence.

tizzo

As for 'hearing the other side'. any manager that says 'you are a pain in the ______ and it's your fault we aren't making money' is very unprofessional by ANY standard (let alone, Disney).

I don't think anyone would dispute this. But the phrasing you cite is not a quote from the manager, it is a quote from the OP, who is paraphrasing the manager. I could certainly see a frustrated manager saying to a problem employee something like "look, my job is to ensure that this store operates profitably, and I'm unable to do that if I have to keep doing <X>". For <X>, substitute any of a countless number of things an employee might do that takes up a manager's time and interferes with the business making money.

I could certainly imagine a disgruntled kid (or adult for that matter) hearing reasonable criticism and regurgitating it in a format not unlike what you see in the original post. I suspect that is what the comment about wanting to hear the other side is all about.

I get 20% discount until I am with the company for 3 years than I get 35% and you get 2 disney park hopper tickets every 6 months to any disneyland park except hong kong I believe.
um, it's Tokyo Disneyland, not HKDL, that's exempt from your comp passes.

My advice to you is to have an ASM present with your meeting with the SM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom