I wish Walt Disney World would have a shoe store inside their theme parks and hotels.

Agree a shoestore would be a winner for Disney and its fans. People don't really want to leave the Disney bubble while there (so no need to list community shoe stores), and some customized shoes with Disney characters would sell. Heck, just put some cheap lights on shoes for kids and sell them off the rollaround kiosks at night.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There are some shoes at Disney.
You could also take a lyft to a store.
Or you could do the smart thing which would be to bring shoes you know you can wear for hours on end and you can bring a couple of pairs of sneakers so you always have a dry pair at your resort.
If you want you could even bring them to the park and lug them around or rent a locker.
The problem is the rain. I bring five pairs with me on each trip but that doesn't help you when your shoes and socks get completely soaked through after a downpour. I end up buying Crocs every trip just to get dry feet.

- New Balance 520 pair 1
- New Balance 520 pair 2
- Sperry Top-Sider Gold Cup boat shoes
- Keen Newport sandals
- Adidas Adissage slides

Goofyernmost

Agree a shoestore would be a winner for Disney and its fans. People don't really want to leave the Disney bubble while there (so no need to list community shoe stores), and some customized shoes with Disney characters would sell. Heck, just put some cheap lights on shoes for kids and sell them off the rollaround kiosks at night.
Not only convenience but one can be listed in the Book of World Records for paying the highest price for a pair of sneakers recorded in history. I'm thinking a Disney retail price for a pair of New Balance or Nike's would round up to around $500.00 a toe.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The problem is the rain. I bring five pairs with me on each trip but that doesn't help you when your shoes and socks get completely soaked through after a downpour. I end up buying Crocs every trip just to get dry feet.

- New Balance 520 pair 1
- New Balance 520 pair 2
- Keen Newport sandals
- Adidas Adissage slides
I use NB 508's and they keep the water out quite well.

mousedroid

Not a bad idea, but I can just imagine the mark-up on the shoes.

"Honey, here's a pair of Iron Man themed Sketchers in your size. Only $179.99!"

Ah, missed the 'exorbitant price' boat by 2 minutes (and apparently about $4800). lol

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

- New Balance 520 pair 1
- New Balance 520 pair 2
- Keen Newport sandals
- Adidas Adissage slides

Hence why I said if you really wanted you could bring extra shoes into the parks with you.
Personally I bring 2 pairs of sneakers (Skechers Go Walk with yoga matt insoles), 1 pair of sandals (Either Grasshoppers or Earth Spirit), and 1 pair of flip flops/pool shoes that are strictly for walking from my room to the pool and back.
I've been during many a downpour and I find that my sneakers are comfortable enough even when soaked.
I also walk about 2.2 miles per day outside at home year round so my feet encounter a lot and I have to suck it up until I get home.
Good God I'd NEVER buy Crocs and attempt to wear them to a theme park that would be HELL!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I use NB 508's and they keep the water out quite well.
Those are so old man 😂. I'm about 20 years from 508s, hopefully. I haven't ascended to that level of Dad yet.

Not a bad idea, but I can just imagine the mark-up on the shoes.

"Honey, here's a pair of Iron Man themed Sketchers in your size. Only $179.99!"
The Disney New Balance line was not significantly more expensive than comparable NBs.

I've been during many a downpour and I find that my sneakers are comfortable enough even when soaked.
It's not a comfort issue. Wet sneakers are a recipe for stank.

zurgandfriend

I made a trip to WDW awhile back and forgot to pack “sneakers.” I wore khakis and a pair of dress shoe loafers to go through airport security and for the plane ride down. I realized what I had done after getting to the Grand Floridian. Faced with the option of wearing shorts and dress shoes, which my DW thought was hilarious she kept saying I looked like her dad, I went to Commander Porters and purchased a pair of white Reeboks.

I paid about a 50% mark up from a retail shoe store but they saved and the day. They were very comfortable and I kept them for years finally wearing them to mow the lawn, so I got my money’s worth.

The point of this is I believe you can still purchase limited shoes and clothing at stores like Commander Porter’s, Bay View Gifts in the Contemporary or the Market at Ale and Compass in the yacht Club.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I made a trip to WDW awhile back and forgot to pack “sneakers.” I wore khakis and a pair of dress shoe loafers to go through airport security and for the plane ride down. I realized what I had done after getting to the Grand Floridian. Faced with the option of wearing shorts and dress shoes, which my DW thought was hilarious she kept saying I look like for dad, I went to Commander Porters and purchased a pair of white Reeboks.

I paid about a 50% mark up from a retail shoe store but they saved and the day. They were very comfortable and I kept them for years finally wearing them to mow the lawn, so I got my money’s worth.

The point of this is I believe you can still purchase limited shoes and clothing at stores like Commander Porter’s, Bay View Gifts in the Contemporary or the Market at Ale and Compass in the yacht Club.
Space to store more merchandise is probably slim to none in some areas. If parks and resorts thought they could profit, they would have sold shoes a long time ago.

JIMINYCR

I wouldnt buy there because I always buy my shoes well before my trip, break them in and know that what I bring will be the right size, feel comfortable and I will have a back up pair as well. DS however would probably buy something thats Disney styled and unique on his trips. Disney sells lots of stylish wear so why not a shoe store as well.

mf1972

there used to be a sneaker shop in DS called fit2run. we bought a brand called ON. just my opinion, but they’re some of the best sneakers we ever bought. nice cushion for your feet & gives u a little bounce in your step. little pricy $120 & up, but worth it.

jokingly, if disney really wanted to cash in on footwear, just slap a splash mountain design on a few pairs & they’ll sell like hot cakes with the way splash merchandise is selling.

Mickey5150

- New Balance 520 pair 1
- New Balance 520 pair 2
- Keen Newport sandals
- Adidas Adissage slides
Waterproof Adidas trail running shoes and some Sperrys, all the shoes I'd ever need in Disney.

jaklgreen

Having a store in each park that sells shoes is not a bad idea. I know I have seen a couple of shoe styles over the years but nothing that I would buy. People buy shoes for all kinds of reasons, not necessarily because they need to buy one while in the parks. What I do is bring a couple of pairs of worn in gym shoes. I have worked on my feet for over 30 years and need the support. I scotch guard my shoes and that does a great job of keeping water out during rain showers. A bit more planning and research ahead of time for your trips really will save most people some hassle. Take care of your feet people. You don't realize what kind of damage you are doing with your shoe choices until it is too late.

Lilofan

there used to be a sneaker shop in DS called fit2run. we bought a brand called ON. just my opinion, but they’re some of the best sneakers we ever bought. nice cushion for your feet & gives u a little bounce in your step. little pricy $120 & up, but worth it.

jokingly, if disney really wanted to cash in on footwear, just slap a splash mountain design on a few pairs & they’ll sell like hot cakes with the way splash merchandise is selling.
Several Fit2Run stores closed in Central Florida including Disney Springs. Perhaps poor decision to have them.

Mickey5150

I don't think Disney needs to add a shoe store to the parks but they very easily could partner with a company, such as New Balance which has made Disney shoes, to make their own line of shoes. Then they could open up a RunDisney store on the Boardwalk seeing as how their events start from Epcot and there is also a few miles of trails around the area.

Lilofan

I don't think Disney needs to add a shoe store to the parks but they very easily could partner with a company, such as New Balance which has made Disney shoes, to make their own line of shoes. Then they could open up a RunDisney store on the Boardwalk seeing as how their events start from Epcot and there is also a few miles of trails around the area.
I dread at times is going to the shoe store. Waiting for a staff member that is stressed out to help you when the shoe store is packed with people, trying multiple pairs etc. Not my idea of doing that on vacation.

NelleBelle

I dread at times is going to the shoe store. Waiting for a staff member that is stressed out to help you when the shoe store is packed with people, trying multiple pairs etc. Not my idea of doing that on vacation.
If you're desperate for footwear that aren't "resort" footwear, and don't want to take anymore time away from your vacation by leaving the "bubble," for those people it's a blessing! And I've tried on shoes during the marathon expo and can't believe any shoe store would be much more nuts than that--but would do it again if I totally needed shoes and meant I didn't need to leave WDW property! They just need more athletic shoe options on-property!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom