I was watching guest use the fast pass line at Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway

mitchk

Original Poster
I was watching guest use the fast pass line at Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway.. as I stood at the main doors waiting for my wife and kid to come around the bend in to the front doors… I had to go out of line to use the restroom.. anyway I noticed a whole bunch of guest going through the fast pass line scaning either their band or a card.. I asked the gentleman standing near me who worked for the ride what is that about I didn’t think you could buy fast passes and he said you couldn’t and I said I know the concierge level used to be able to ..then he said not right now ..that line is for the Floridians disability act… I don’t know if it was strictly for Florida residence… anyone know more

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
There’s a few reasons. I use the DAS system, it’s not just for Florida residents. Anyone with a qualifying disability can speak to guest services.
Rider Swap also uses the fast pass lines for one of the parties to get back in line and ride.

people on tours use the fast pass lane, as well as people who are comped a FP due to something on their trip like getting stuck on a ride. So there’s really a multitude of reasons people use that line. :)

Lady Liberty

We saw this when waiting in a very long line for Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run. The people entering the ride was a fairly large group of younger adults, no one appeared to be disabled but you can't always see a persons disability. I asked a cast member about it but didn't get an answer. Since the ride was a Star Wars ride it make sense that it could have been a comped FP based on the number of times these rides seem to go down.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
DAS uses FP lines.
Its for anyone that has a disability that makes it difficult to wait in the standby line.
Its not just for Florida residents.
Rider Switch also uses FP lines after the first group of riders wait in the standby line.

I find it odd how people keep bringing this up as though someone has an advantage over them and they feel entitled to know why.

crawale

I was watching guest use the fast pass line at Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway.. as I stood at the main doors waiting for my wife and kid to come around the bend in to the front doors… I had to go out of line to use the restroom.. anyway I noticed a whole bunch of guest going through the fast pass line scaning either their band or a card.. I asked the gentleman standing near me who worked for the ride what is that about I didn’t think you could buy fast passes and he said you couldn’t and I said I know the concierge level used to be able to ..then he said not right now ..that line is for the Floridians disability act… I don’t know if it was strictly for Florida residence… anyone know more
It is for people with a disability. You have to have a valid disability as I have seen people in wheelchairs rejected since of course they can be in line in their wheelchair. You have to have a disability like autism or panic attacks or seizures that does not allow you to wait in line. You go to the CM at the entrance to the attraction and they give you a time to return. I am sure all the people who use it would rather not have the disability that is the requirement but I fear a lot of people abuse it.

JIMINYCR

It sure is frustrating standing in line for a long time and looking over to see other guests walking right by you onto the ride. I'm sure there are a lot of those using the DAS entry that have learned to scam the process, as they have in the past. But for those who have a valid need I'm glad there is a process to assist them and their families. There should be a better validation of need to qualify. DW gets a DAS pass and we utilize it.
The others who have access have the means of entry for valid reasons which can be checked out.

mimitchi33

We saw this when waiting in a very long line for Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run. The people entering the ride was a fairly large group of younger adults, no one appeared to be disabled but you can't always see a persons disability. I asked a cast member about it but didn't get an answer. Since the ride was a Star Wars ride it make sense that it could have been a comped FP based on the number of times these rides seem to go down.
This is true. You can't always tell if someone's disabled by appearances alone.

Beacon Joe

The DAS card is not a fp or front of the line pass you get a return time equal to the wait time for the ride. It gives a person and their group time to wait in a location that is not a line

That's how it's supposed to work, but I know one guy who uses it and then plays the "I'm a disabled vet" thing and plays dumb "Oh I didn't know, can you just let us in just this once" with the CMs who usually just shrug and let him use his DAS to hop in the FP line whenever he wants. As far as his disability... lol. And that it even remotely being service connected? More lol. es me off, but he's proud of using this to skip lines and tells me to do the same. "No way, bro, that seems @#$^ed up," I say. Then he looks at me like I'm the jerk.

Lady Liberty

The DAS card is not a fp or front of the line pass you get a return time equal to the wait time for the ride. It gives a person and their group time to wait in a location that is not a line

To me this is a much better option, you can be doing something else instead of wasting possibly hours in line. Please don't take this the wrong way but I wish we could all do this, I know it's not possible but it sure would be nice. I really don't understand why they don't bring FPs back. What is the logic of not bringing them back?

Surfin' Tuna

DAS
Rider Swap
VIP tours
Guest Rea host of possible reasons
Club 33 members
maybe Golden Oaks too
VIP guests of Disney
This is everyone, although they stopped Golden Oak during covid and haven't yet returned that option. I guess a few million doesn't buy FP anymore. It's been my understanding that the vast majority of those whom we see now are DAS returns, though.

aliceismad

To me this is a much better option, you can be doing something else instead of wasting possibly hours in line. Please don't take this the wrong way but I wish we could all do this, I know it's not possible but it sure would be nice. I really don't understand why they don't bring FPs back. What is the logic of not bringing them back?
Because they want to launch an entirely new system that will also generate more revenue.

aliceismad

Yes so I've read. So if that's what they are going to do why aren't they doing it? Maybe they know a lot of us will not like it. Not sure if they really care....we will see.
Word is that it will be launched soon. As to why they haven't launched it already, my uneducated guess would be that there is a labor shortage, and they want people to be waiting in lines until they are prepared to open more venues to handle more crowds.

Snake

Look up Disney Golden Oak, you live there you pretty much have the run of the place 24/7. There maybe be more places like Golden Oak that give you access to everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom