I want to be a Cast Member

JackSkellington

Original Poster
I read somewhere that during the summer Disney has a program that allows a certain number of young people work as CM's for the summer. I do not know if it does exist, or if it was a hoax. But if it is real can anyone please provide more information on this subject. Thanks in adv.:sohappy:

Tornado

I would LOVE to become a CM at Disney. My dream job is to be a bellhop at the Tower of Terror.
But, im a UK citizen, so unfortunatly, my only option is working the UK pavillion at Epcot..:(

Tornado

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Welcome to the boards Tornado. Good to meet you. Anyway why are you relageted to the UK. You could work anywhere.:sohappy:

I thought as I was a UK resident, i'd be restricted to working the Cultural Representation program due to something to do with work permits, and i'd have to be a U.S citizen to be a ride operator or something similar?

Tornado

Thats what i've heard anyway. I'd love to come to WDW for a year and just work round any of the parks. But, I don't see that happening unless I move to Florida permanently, which at my age (19) isn't really a possibility.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
The what section?? Sorry I only hang out here, DL, secrets, and tips. Not much else. But if you refer me I will put something up there also. I have some other questions to ask.

bgraham34

Its not that easy to get in. I waited 7 hours at college for the interview. And they do it twice a year. Check your college and see if they are involved in the program

civileng68

Account Suspended
lol

Originally posted by JackSkellington
The what section?? Sorry I only hang out here, DL, secrets, and tips. Not much else.

You got that right. When they move a post to those other rooms, they may as well delete it, :lol: because EVERYONE pretty much stays in those three.

WDW Cast Member

Next time you are heading to orlando, call the jobline(407-828-1000) to set up a meeting at casting. Go and get yourself a job, if you can afford to stay here while you are training you can get a job that only requires a few hours a year. I have a few friends that live in Ouio and come and stay here for a week or two and workj a few shifts to keep their employment up to date...it is possible to work there and not live here.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. And the encouragement mkt. May God bless you on your trip. And I will look into this. And thanks again.:lol:

se8472

Now if you do become a CP I can tell you that they do let people come back during the summer depending on the demand and your work location.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
encouraging news...

I hear encouraging news for a position I've 'always wanted': monorail driver.

I asked one of the drivers if it was hard to get in (disneyland you have to wait years to get into a TOT attraction apparently)

She said she got on after a few weeks. That's cool.

P.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom