I want a Pinocchio ride in wdw

JIMINYCR

I can think of many classic Disney cartoons that well deserve representation on property. In fact I'd love to see a Pinocchio ride because then there would be lots of Jiminy Crickets included. Cant have Pinocchio without Jiminy. ;) But sadly, the classic Disney themes are so far in the past that they are no longer seen as valuable. We seldom see Pinocchio or Jiminy related items anywhere. Fortunately the murals still can be viewed in the Village Haus. At this time if its not connected to SW, Marvel, Pixar or Avatar... it isnt worth the time or energy.

mharrington

I can think of many classic Disney cartoons that well deserve representation on property. In fact I'd love to see a Pinocchio ride because then there would be lots of Jiminy Crickets included. Cant have Pinocchio without Jiminy. ;) But sadly, the classic Disney themes are so far in the past that they are no longer seen as valuable. We seldom see Pinocchio or Jiminy related items anywhere. Fortunately the murals still can be viewed in the Village Haus. At this time if its not connected to SW, Marvel, Pixar or Avatar... it isnt worth the time or energy.

But the movie is still in release. They just re-released it a few months ago.

DfromATX

I'm in my 40's and I vaguely remember Jiminy Cricket. If I never saw you on these boards, I may never have thought of him again, so naturally I Googled him and wow, he dates back to the 1940's. I must have seen him on Pinochio when I was a child in the 70's, which was a LONG time ago. I bet my kids don't know who he is. I'll have to ask when I get home from work.

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
All they would have to do is Gut out Village Haus and the restrooms and there you go...
r-1412378029-PinocchioVillageHaus14.JPG
They should do it..

donaldtoo

I'm in my 40's and I vaguely remember Jiminy Cricket. If I never saw you on these boards, I may never have thought of him again, so naturally I Googled him and wow, he dates back to the 1940's. I must have seen him on Pinochio when I was a child in the 70's, which was a LONG time ago. I bet my kids don't know who he is. I'll have to ask when I get home from work.

Wow, that surprises me.
Our 3 kiddos are all in their early-mid 20's and definitely know who he is. They saw the movie when they were young and since, know him from Wishes, parades, etc., and just from being Disney fans in general.
Both DWifey and myself are 54, and of course know who he is.
Not a cut on you, just surprised, that's all. :)

DfromATX

Wow, that surprises me.
Our 3 kiddos are all in their early-mid 20's and definitely know who he is. They saw the movie when they were young and since, know him from Wishes, parades, etc., and just from being Disney fans in general.
Both DWifey and myself are 54, and of course know who he is.
Not a cut on you, just surprised, that's all. :)

I had forgotten about asking them, so I just did, and I'm happy to report they both know who Jiminy Cricket is. (One son is 21 and the other is 14.) I guess I was wrong. I should have given my kids more credit!

donaldtoo

I had forgotten about asking them, so I just did, and I'm happy to report they both know who Jiminy Cricket is. (One son is 21 and the other is 14.) I guess I was wrong. I should have given my kids more credit!

Hahaaa...!
Awesome that they know! :)
Now, Google and do your Jiminy Cricket research...! ;)

yensidtlaw1969

Disneyland has loads.
Is there any discernible reason that the sheer amount of Dark Rides at Disneyland never really turned up in equal footing at WDW? Certainly EPCOT Center had plenty when it opened, and of high caliber, but attractions like the beautiful gems that are the Fantasyland Dark Ride lineup (plus Roger Rabbit) (Plus Indy if you push the boundaries of our definition) never cropped up with much rigor in the swamps. MK has always had few and The Great Movie Ride has done all the heavy lifting at the Studios since the park opened.

You'd think it'd be plenty simple to up capacity a little with a nice, charming Alice equivalent, or Pinocchio. Count me in as one who considers Mermaid to be a pretender to the throne. A "real" Fantasyland dark ride far exceeds it's beauty, and with half the resources!

The Empress Lilly

Sorry, while I know there is a contingent of older Mr. Toad fans, I could not disagree more. It was time for Snow White and Mr. Toad to go. Both rides began to look like little more than worn out painted plywood. Plus as someone mentioned earlier, it's all about merchandise sales. Snow White was sort of replaced with the Mine Train so selling Snow White merchandise is still possible. When was the last time you heard a three or four year old ask it's parents for a Mr. Toad plush or the wait time for Mr. Toad was 120 mintues? Times change. People's interests change.
The world's second most visited theme park, DL, disagrees with that.

Nostalgia and classic dark rides can drive Disney like no state-of-the art latest flash in the pan can. Every decade the same argument is played out. "Today's generation can't relate to Snow White anymore...we need to replace it with Mission to the Moon / The Black Hole / Dick Tracy / Bette Midler / Interactive rides / Virtual Theme Park Experiences / Fairies / Personalised MagicBand experiences / UNI model IP lands". Or whatever it is that gets pushed through because nobody in management wants to be seen as the old-timer who didn't get with the times. And then over time these all become an embarrassment a decade later, forgotten over time, while Snow continues to pull them in decade after decade.

The Empress Lilly

The Pinocchios of DL and DLP are waiting for you!

Good rides. Not as brilliant as Pan, Toad or classic Snow, but a fun dark ride nevertheless. It would be great in the MK ( gut NFL and build a proper one, better yet, get rid of awful Storybook Toddler & Merch Land), or even in DHS, in a animation land anchored by the Great Mickey Ride (leaving the GMR well alone)

Raineman

Good rides. Not as brilliant as Pan, Toad or classic Snow, but a fun dark ride nevertheless. It would be great in the MK ( gut NFL and build a proper one, better yet, get rid of awful Storybook Toddler & Merch Land), or even in DHS, in a animation land anchored by the Great Mickey Ride (leaving the GMR well alone)
I think that's one of the best ideas I've seen on here in quite a while-a new land at DHS devoted to classic Disney animation, without sacrificing current attractions. Anything that isn't covered at MK could be a part of the new land at DHS, and would still fit the movie theme of the park (if that is what Disney is going to continue to use as the focus of DHS). A Mickey-based ride is a long time coming, but definitely not at the cost of losing GMR.

JIMINYCR

But the movie is still in release. They just re-released it a few months ago.
Sure, they release these occasionally to get profits up ( this started with Eisner ) but they never do anything substantial with the characters or films after the anniversary editions are released from the vault.

Awwww :(:(:(, sorry you arent too familiar with Jiminy... When we go into the parks with our Jiminy pins and stuffed Jiminy's with us, everyone asks where they can get one. He was one of Walt's favorite characters. Guests constantly ask where he is in the parks for M&G's but hes nowhere to be found. Majority of the CM's tell us hes also a favorite of theirs. I'll invite you & your kids to my house... theres Jiminys of every kind everywhere.

DS just came back from a trip to DL and he sent us back shots of Jiminy there on the ride. He also rode Toad and said he was surprised because he didnt remember the :devilish: He** scene from when we rode it at MK when he was was young kid.

drwadadli

Sorry, while I know there is a contingent of older Mr. Toad fans, I could not disagree more. It was time for Snow White and Mr. Toad to go. Both rides began to look like little more than worn out painted plywood. Plus as someone mentioned earlier, it's all about merchandise sales. Snow White was sort of replaced with the Mine Train so selling Snow White merchandise is still possible. When was the last time you heard a three or four year old ask it's parents for a Mr. Toad plush or the wait time for Mr. Toad was 120 mintues? Times change. People's interests change.
I totally see your point and understand it. Ok, so Snow White dark ride was replaced with Mine Train but the Mr. Toad ride is still popular in DL and they can always updated so it wouldn't look so dated.

Mickey5150

Is there any discernible reason that the sheer amount of Dark Rides at Disneyland never really turned up in equal footing at WDW? Certainly EPCOT Center had plenty when it opened, and of high caliber, but attractions like the beautiful gems that are the Fantasyland Dark Ride lineup (plus Roger Rabbit) (Plus Indy if you push the boundaries of our definition) never cropped up with much rigor in the swamps. MK has always had few and The Great Movie Ride has done all the heavy lifting at the Studios since the park opened.

You'd think it'd be plenty simple to up capacity a little with a nice, charming Alice equivalent, or Pinocchio. Count me in as one who considers Mermaid to be a pretender to the throne. A "real" Fantasyland dark ride far exceeds it's beauty, and with half the resources!
Outside of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland the dark rides in Fantasyland are not gems. They are simple and basic. Mr Toads is basically painted plywood cut outs. In Disneyland, in a tiny Fantasyland with rides in some cases stacked on top of each other, it works. The Magic Kingdom should have more dark rides but they should raise the bar, not lower it.

WEDwaydatamover

I'm afraid the days of WDW attractions based purely on timelessness and lovability of characters or story are over. They might be added as a detail, knod or tie in tho.

$ wins out. I'm still waiting for the bronz statue of Stan Lee.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom