I think every race should have....

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
...a station at the midpoint where the runners have to complete ten dead hang pullups and ten bodyweight squats.

I'm tired of these six foot, hundred pound gazelles passing me!

:lol:

GoofyRacer11

...a station at the midpoint where the runners have to complete ten dead hang pullups and ten bodyweight squats.

I'm tired of these six foot, hundred pound gazelles passing me!

:lol:
That might not prove to slow down all six foot people. Some would probably have no problem with it, like me. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
a sign in lights that I could hold up that says, "Hey You, in My Way. If you have to walk by mile 3 you shouldnt be in a corral under 10 or the letter M. MOVE!"

:lookaroun

Less people with noise makers. I know they are generating an electric atmosphere, but Im not sure they understand the mental drain of running longer than 2 hours and the last thing I want is someone yelling "Run" in my ear or rattling a tambourine.

Running Coaches like Nashville had. Awesome thing to have these guys every mile in the event I needed real encouragement or some experienced advice.

:D

Texas84

a sign in lights that I could hold up that says, "Hey You, in My Way. If you have to walk by mile 3 you shouldnt be in a corral under 10 or the letter M. MOVE!"

:D

Hey you, I'm a Galloway run-walker and I was passing all sorts of people between mile 10 and 13 last January!

;):lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey you, I'm a Galloway run-walker and I was passing all sorts of people between mile 10 and 13 last January!

;):lol:
I am a Galloway Run/Walker too. I promise. When I get to mile 4 and walk 30 seconds to take in some water/nutirion, I move as far as I can to the left or right. At Mile 8 (for a Half), 12, 16, 20 and 24 (for a Full) I did the same. Im referring to those who have no intentions of running more than walking. They need to be honest with themselves and get in a deeper corral or move to the side of the road instead of the middle, next to a buddy, chatting about the after party. MOVE!

Phonedave

I like the way you think, but my problem is it's still based on body-weight.

I say let's do a 300 lb bench press.;)

See, thats the problem. Body weight squats are easy for me - I have the legs.

But, I am 6' 4" and as of Saturday morning after comming in from a run - 200.0 lbs on the nose.

Long a$$ arms combined with 200 lbs of dead hang weight .... well pull ups not my strong suit.

Now if we want to throw some crunches in there, or maybe 100's then am I game. Yeah, every mile you have to stop and do 250 100's - that I can deal with.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom