I need to convince someone...

Skipper Dan

Hey everybody,

I need some help. For those of you who don’t know me, my family and I have been visiting Disney World since day one. Disney is my home.

Though my latest enjoyment has been accompanying people who have never been before. My last vacation, I went with a family friend, and we had a blast! The best Disney vacation ever. Now, she’s been bit by the mouse, and is counting the milliseconds until we return. :king:

We have two friends - a grandmother, and granddaughter - who live not far from us, and we want to take them sometime around February. Well Virginia - the grandmother - is “one of those people” who thinks that staying within the resort, is unnecessary, and would rather stay in a Motel 6 down the road. Talking about a pain. :brick:

Anyway, as passionate of a persuasive promoter I am of the Walt Disney World resort, there is nothing I can say that can persuade her from her descion. My point, I am a writer, but the words won’t come. Does anyone know of a convincing article, that will explain to Ms. V the importance of staying inside a Disney resort? :veryconfu

Thank you guys so much! I know you’ll be a great help! :)

PS. I apologize, but I need only positive responses. If you yourself do not believe it is necessary, please do not intervene. :fork:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not trying to highjack the thread, but how does one go about sending stuff back to your resort and what does it cost for this service?

They ask you at all the gift shops if you are a resort guest. If you are you can have your purchases sent to a central point at your resort, it will be there for you the next day. It saves lugging stuff around the parks, we used to do it for attraction photos so they didnt get crushed. Theres no charge either.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Another option that you could look at price wise would be renting DVC points for a studio. When I did this it was actually cheaper than staying at a value. There are a few websites you can go on and rent points from people, if you need or want links feel free to PM me. The real reason I am recommending this is because you would then have a kitchenette in your room, which could save even more money because you could make some of your meals. Plus if you stay at a DVC they are generally more centrally located then the values, which could appeal to her as far as traveling time is concerned.

Also here is a little list that was on allears.net

Off-site Disadvantages:
  • Getting to and from the parks may be more difficult. This is more important if one plans to take afternoon breaks from the parks.
  • On peak holidays parking lot(s) at WDW might be closed.
  • Quality of the rooms varies; as does service.
  • Off-site guests must pay for parking at Disney theme parks if they drive unless they have an Annual Passport.
  • Shuttle service is limited at many hotels, some hotels share shuttles making the service very slow and/or crowded, and some hotels charge for using their shuttle service.
  • Hotel staff may be less familiar with Disney property.
On-site Advantages:
  • Getting to and from the parks is generally easier. This is more important if one plans to take afternoon breaks.
  • Immersed in Disney Magic 24 hours a day.
  • Disney resorts offer wonderful theming.
  • Disney staff provides excellent service.
  • Properties are always clean and well-maintained.
  • Priority on tee times on Disney golf courses.
  • Room-charge privileges throughout WDW.
  • Ability to purchase Magic Your Way tickets.
  • Merchandise delivery to your Disney hotel.
  • Access to WDW's closed circuit TV information channels.
  • Unlimited use of WDW transportation system.
  • Magical Express transportation to/from airport to WDW Resort (free through 12/07)
  • Able to purchase Disney Dining Plan.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

You can impress upon her that staying off-property means that you will not only have to rent a car, but you will be driving daily on unfamiliar and BUSY roads to get to the parks! (That would do it right there for MY older family members.) :ROFLOL: You will also be making frequent (and expensive) stops at gas stations, and (as has already mentioned) paying parking fees every day.

Good luck!:wave:

Upvote 0
You can impress upon her that staying off-property means that you will not only have to rent a car, but you will be driving daily on unfamiliar and BUSY roads to get to the parks! (That would do it right there for MY older family members.) :ROFLOL: You will also be making frequent (and expensive) stops at gas stations, and (as has already mentioned) paying parking fees every day.

Good luck!:wave:
Can you say going left instead of right out of the main gate at MK park closing at 11:00 and not getting in room till 12:30? :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
Guys thanks again so much for posting! If you can, and you feel that staying in the resort is a must, please keep on! The more posts I have, the easy it'll be to convince her! Thanks!
:cool:

Upvote 0

Mrdean3

I agree "C.E.O" let this forum build, show her how many people feel this way! Good luck!

PS. By the way, this is for "Ms. V." if you don't stay at a Disney resort, don't go. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom